Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 15:26   #2341
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Did you pay the advance amount in cash or via debit/credit card/NEFT
I paid by cheque. I remember one my friend, while booking amaze, tried to pay advance using card and there they mentioned about some charges and finally we paid by cash.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th July 2014 at 08:35. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 19th July 2014, 21:42   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
For the VX Diesel, Honda has added Sound Insulation Front Windshield. The same is not there in lower variants. I'll let owners comment on actual difference experienced.
Neel,

Can you please provide more inputs on this. What does a sound insulation windshield mean? I did check with the dealer and per them the windshield is the same across all variants.

Per the dealer, the VX variant has overall better insulation because of which the cabin noise is very minimal. VX owners can confirm if this is true.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:14   #2343
BHPian

As per the official brochure, the sound insulation windshield is only available in the VX variant of i-DTEC model.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:15   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Neel,

Can you please provide more inputs on this. What does a sound insulation windshield mean? I did check with the dealer and per them the windshield is the same across all variants.

Per the dealer, the VX variant has overall better insulation because of which the cabin noise is very minimal. VX owners can confirm if this is true.
Windshield is not the same across all variants. Honda lists this in the feature list officially as "Sound Insulation Front windshield (Diesel only)". You can check that on the below HondaCarsIndia website as well: URL

Check in the Comfort and Convenience section.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th July 2014 at 22:20.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:19   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Is cancellation fee for 2014 City uniform across all states. Here in Goa it is 1% of Ex-showroom price? Pretty high.
Is that so? I was given to understand that the booking amount is fully refundable.

Quote:
That is surprising. Honda has not been charging for any cancellation. They take 51K for booking which is 100% refundable if you cancel. I'm not sure if something has changed in last 4 months.
I think this is the correct position, even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
100% Refund was for those who did Pre-Booking before Launch, post that they were charging Rs.2,500/- as a penalty for booking cancellation. 1% would work out too high I guess and you (vsk2009) should threaten them with legal action. Do they have it in writing anywhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Write to Honda Customer Care and ask them why this differentiation? If its the dealer who is changing Terms, you will have some support from Honda.
I suspect foul play by some dealers in retaining a part of the booking amount while Honda turns a blind eye. I have cancelled my second booking and will receive the refund in a few days. Shall update here the exact amount then.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:30   #2346
BHPian

Honda owners in Mangalore I was wondering if you could share your experience with Peninsular Honda in-terms of Pre Sales and Post Sales service.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:36   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
There were quite a few posts on folks trying to get 3M paint protection. Just wanted to point out that there is an alternative as well which is a more premium product but lasts much longer as well to justify the cost. For folks following my ownership thread, I had got CQuartz treatment done on my White SV CVT at Ultimate Detailerz about 4 months ago and it is still holding very good. If I put water using tumbler, it just rolls off like the way it would if you would put on the windshield.
Details on the initial CQuartz Treatment: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3403249

Look at the beading effect which is as it is even post 4 months of use (covered about 2.6K kms).
This is great stuff. Really impressed. In Hyderabad could not find any equivalent of Ultimate Detailerz who can do the CQuartz treatment.
Old 21st July 2014, 11:03   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
There were quite a few posts on folks trying to get 3M paint protection. Just wanted to point out that there is an alternative as well which is a more premium product but lasts much longer as well to justify the cost. If I put water using tumbler, it just rolls off like the way it would if you would put on the windshield.
Is there a comparison between Cquartz and 3M Paint Protection. Does Cquartz offer some kind of scratch resistance? Did you analyze between these 2 and let us know what you got and what you missed out by choosing Cquartz? Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 12:41   #2349
BHPian

I have a generic question. Do you feel significant difference in performance with and without the A/C unit switched on?

Lately, I get this feeling that the car becomes significantly heavy on lower gears the moment I switch on the air conditioner. The car comes back to character again when the unit is switched off.

Earlier this difference was not much, but now I feel I can very well related to the difference. Another observation is that the mileage of the car dips by 1-2 km/l with AC operating. Am driving an iVTEC model (V MT).
Before this I was owning a 2nd gen City, but never had any such observation.
Old 21st July 2014, 13:17   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 View Post
I have a generic question. Do you feel significant difference in performance with and without the A/C unit switched on?

Lately, I get this feeling that the car becomes significantly heavy on lower gears the moment I switch on the air conditioner. The car comes back to character again when the unit is switched off.

Earlier this difference was not much, but now I feel I can very well related to the difference. Another observation is that the mileage of the car dips by 1-2 km/l with AC operating. Am driving an iVTEC model (V MT).
Before this I was owning a 2nd gen City, but never had any such observation.
Sumit, the new generation city Petrol models have a manufacturing defect with the drive belt for most of the cars. I'm not sure if this is the reason for your extreme sluggishness.

I drive a CVT, which does not feel anything of this sort when AC is switched on. However, I also get the drive belt noise occasionally like most of the petrol owners and getting a replacement of the same in 1 week time.

Have a check with the service.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:03   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Sumit, the new generation city Petrol models have a manufacturing defect with the drive belt for most of the cars. I'm not sure if this is the reason for your extreme sluggishness.

I drive a CVT, which does not feel anything of this sort when AC is switched on. However, I also get the drive belt noise occasionally like most of the petrol owners and getting a replacement of the same in 1 week time.

Have a check with the service.
Thanks. Even I feel it can be something related to drive belt. Was bit skeptical because I saw this behavior more while operating A/C. People at Honda service center just don't tend to agree about the noise. It's after they take a test drive lot of times and after lot of arguments that they might acknowledge the issue in first place.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:23   #2352
BHPian

I have finally booked SV-i-DTEC Carnelian Red. Thanks to the posts of RavenAvi (and guidance too),neel911,vsrivatsa and Geo which helped me to know about the plus and minus of various variants. Will keep you posted about the status.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:46   #2353
BHPian

What is the wait time thats been quoted for you? And whats the revised cost in Chennai?
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:56   #2354
BHPian

Has honda started passing on the full excuse benefit on the cars yet? Actually has anyone?

I read in the paper recently that government has directed all vehicle manufacturers to pass on full excuse benefit.
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:16   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
What is the wait time thats been quoted for you? And whats the revised cost in Chennai?
They have indicated 3 weeks max.
SV-METTALIC EX SHOW ROOM: 977900
INSURANCE:25878 + 6263 for Bumper to Bumper Coverage (Add-on Insurance)
Registration and Handling: 108790
2 Yrs extended Warrantee and RSA 16400

I have told them that I dont need RSA.

Most Viewed