Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 12:11   #2416
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

While going to office today, spotted a Volvo S40 next to me. Instantaneously i saw the small front protrusion for direction air inflow. Ah! this looks familiar to the 2014 city . Looks like s40 inspired Honda city for this and BMW for the shark fin and tail lamps.

Could not find the right images of S40 to do better justification.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-teeth.jpg  

Old 30th July 2014, 13:17   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Can somebody provide some testimonies about high speed capabilities of the new City? High as in 140+ or at least 120+.
To elaborate a bit on my previous post, I've tried upto 140 on empty 4 stretches on short stretches just to test the high speed capabilities.

110, I could cruise all day on good roads, 120 is like pushing it, 130 feels jittery and I didn't push it beyond 140, it didn't feel stable (on those stock tyres)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Even I have experienced server lateral swaying in moderate highway winds along the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road. I was crusing between 80-110 kmph. I had never experienced anything like this before in my Figo.

I wonder if it is due to the steering, or tyres or something to do with aerodynamics of the car! It is scary. Haven't driven over 110kmph yet, waiting to do that post 1st service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I did however noticed this cross wind effect and the car changing its direction because of this and found this surprising , i never noticed this even in my i20 (which has poor dynamics) , this might be due to many factors but it sure was'nt a storm then and the wind speed was definitely not extremely high , honestly i've never noticed this is any car i've driven to date.
When driving on open stretches with cross winds blowing, the car suddenly tends to change its direction a bit and you have to correct it with the steering. Also, I noticed this happening when a heavy vehicle passes close by at speed.
I must admit that 175mm is a bit narrow for the City at higher speeds. Also it may have to do with the light weight of the car.

I didn't notice this in my previous car (Palio), but that may be because i used to do relatively lower speeds in that car (between 80 to 95 kmph), so probably didn't feel the effect of crosswinds.
In the City, its easy to cruise between 100 to 110 kmph easily on good 4 laned roads and cover distances relatively a lot quicker.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 30th July 2014 at 13:22.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 13:55   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Better to confirm it from company itself.
I have shot a mail to Honda. Let's see what comes of it.
anilagdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 17:18   #2419
BHPian

Hi All,

A quick update !

After a lot of repeated complaints on social media and a lot of to and fro calls, I finally got hold of the sales head at Ring Road Honda Sector 18. He said that he cannot help me as Honda has completely stalled the production of the City for August and September. The production would only begin in September end and they cannot deliver any cars before that.

Anybody in the Delhi/NCR region or nearby who has booked a Honda City Diesel (VX-MT) can confirm that ? They say I cannot deliver any honda city at all before October.

Hard luck to me !
Old 30th July 2014, 17:44   #2420
BHPian

Bad news. I had already sold my car and booked a city on 7th this month. If the news is true I will be in hell.
Old 30th July 2014, 17:53   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Bad news. I had already sold my car and booked a city on 7th this month. If the news is true I will be in hell.
Hi Buddy!

Same is the case with me. I sold my Hyundai i10 as my dad does not drive it and he drives my i20 diesel. I do not have a car to drive. I maybe able to survive as I commute to work through the office cab however, may not be for long. I am left with no option but to move away from Honda and look for an alternative maybe the Ford Ecosport as my daily office commute.

Old 30th July 2014, 18:52   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
He said that he cannot help me as Honda has completely stalled the production of the City for August and September. The production would only begin in September end and they cannot deliver any cars before that.
Stalled the production! That's a big news and i'm sure the dealer is talking non sense , please confirm with others dealers about the same , and if this was true i'm sure there would have been news pieces about it all over the internet! I see no reason for Honda to do this especially now that the city is selling like hot cakes.
Old 30th July 2014, 19:18   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Stalled the production! That's a big news and i'm sure the dealer is talking non sense , please confirm with others dealers about the same , and if this was true i'm sure there would have been news pieces about it all over the internet! I see no reason for Honda to do this especially now that the city is selling like hot cakes.

Hi Buddy !

I checked with other dealers in Delhi/NCR as well namely Courtsey Honda, Prime Honda and Pearl Honda. All of them have the same answer.

Others - Please confirm
Old 30th July 2014, 19:45   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Oh dear!! This sounds bad, even I booked the V diesel this month ( on 7th only!!) with a promise to get my car by Sep end or October first week. I would desperately need a car at that time as my wife, who is presently on leave would join her duties by that period. I visited the showroom here in trivandrum and the sales guy confirmed the delivery on promised date.
Haven't thought of any alternate options as of now. Verna was my choice initially and I like the Duster too, hope I don't have to cancel the booking!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 30th July 2014, 19:47   #2425
BHPian

I used the paddle shifters for the first time today and let me say it's a treat to use. I did it in the 'D' mode and hence didn't require frequent use. However, it's really useful if we see that tacho is going up with the speed not climbing much (rubber band effect).

Will be trying out the 'S' mode soon.

Anybody having the paddle shifters, please share your experience and advices.
Old 30th July 2014, 19:52   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
He said that he cannot help me as Honda has completely stalled the production of the City for August and September. The production would only begin in September end and they cannot deliver any cars before that.
Quote:
If the news is true I will be in hell.
Quote:
Stalled the production! That's a big news and i'm sure the dealer is talking non sense , please confirm with others dealers about the same , and if this was true i'm sure there would have been news pieces about it all over the internet!
Quote:
I checked with other dealers in Delhi/NCR as well namely Courtsey Honda, Prime Honda and Pearl Honda. All of them have the same answer.

Others - Please confirm
Unfortunately this is true. The reason being, they want to make way for Mobilo. I did inquire about this with dealers in Hyderabad and Mangalore and this is what I was told too. In order for them to achieve the targets for Mobilo they had to stop the City production for a while.

I was told that the earliest I can get the delivery if book now will be November end or towards the first week of December. I did not want to loose a year/model with few days. Hence I was looking for option to take the delivery post Jan 2015.

Last edited by kk28 : 30th July 2014 at 19:55.
Old 30th July 2014, 20:44   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Unfortunately this is true. The reason being, they want to make way for Mobilo. I did inquire about this with dealers in Hyderabad and Mangalore and this is what I was told too. In order for them to achieve the targets for Mobilo they had to stop the City production for a while.

I was told that the earliest I can get the delivery if book now will be November end or towards the first week of December. I did not want to loose a year/model with few days. Hence I was looking for option to take the delivery post Jan 2015.

This is absolutely true ! They are focusing on the mobilio production for entire august and September.Starting october is when they will start the production of Honda city. My Sales rep told me that Honda has not been able to complete the May/June orders till date.

All the dealers get allocation at the start of every month and they will be getting all the July manufactured cars by first week of august. They will be fulfilling orders for may/June and there is no chance of July orders being catered too. To add salt to wounds, My wife is adamant on VX variant only which is even scarce in production hence have no option but to wait till eternity.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:21   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
This is absolutely true ! They are focusing on the mobilio production for entire august and September.Starting october is when they will start the production of Honda city. My Sales rep told me that Honda has not been able to complete the May/June orders till date.
I heard of this a few days ago and posted it here.

Quote:
All the dealers get allocation at the start of every month and they will be getting all the July manufactured cars by first week of august.
The car allotted to me is a July manufactured one. It left the factory on 18th and reached the dealer 2 days ago. I will be taking delivery on Aug 1st.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:22   #2429
BHPian

They could have stopped the production by announcing it well in advance. This is not ethically correct. If the news is true what about customers who had already lost 1-2 months of booking period. If Honda thinks that they can re-direct the city customers for Mobilio it is utter foolishness. In fact it will boost the sales of Verna. If the news is true my choice will be Verna or lower model of Corolla than Mobilio.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:54   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Even I have experienced server lateral swaying in moderate highway winds along the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road. I was crusing between 80-110 kmph. I had never experienced anything like this before in my Figo.

I wonder if it is due to the steering, or tyres or something to do with aerodynamics of the car! It is scary. Haven't driven over 110kmph yet, waiting to do that post 1st service.
Hi - i have experienced the same (i would call it "twitching" at high speeds) at speeds of 80-90 on the Bandra Worli sea link - things i didnt experience in my Maruti Zen! This is shocking to say the least, not to mention the water leakage that has cropped up this week in my car as well just as it did in my colleagues'. This is terrible quality, unexpected from Honda - they should be ashamed of making such a vehicle.

EDIT - About the left door beading issue - i believe this is the cause of the water leakage. Waiting for Solitaire Honda to give me another appointment to fix the issue - last time they said the water leakage is from aftermarket speaker fitment and charged me 5k - and guess what - the problem persists. So for now, my Alabaster Silver Memory-maker is sitting pretty in the garage, covered up from the Mumbai rains. Terrible, terrible, terrible experience all around.

Last edited by deepakv : 30th July 2014 at 23:02.

Most Viewed