Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-164.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsk2009 (Post 3495433)
Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.

Hi Vsk2009,

Did you check with other dealers as some of them may have an extra car or some other customer may have cancelled their car due to the long waiting period. Try your luck ? I did and found one however, the color was not which my family agreed on.

I recommend you should check with other dealers as well.

Quote:

Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.

How unfortunate! ! This is pretty bad strategy from honda. They should honour the current bookings of city and then move on to mobilio rather than losing customer's trust and running after sales figures. If they can't fulfill the orders, they should rather stop taking the bookings of city. This will definitely leave a bad taste for many ppl. Don't know what I'll do if they don't fulfill my promise of September end or October delivery.
Meanwhile shot a mail to honda regarding the same and got the reply that they are in touch with my dealer and would get back shortly.

Quote:

Sad to hear that. Its so bad when one cant buy a car of their choice whatever the car may be. Sincerely hope that honda does something to prevent such cancellations. Good luck for your car. Like alive2drive said check out options before moving on

Quote:

Dont worry too much - the Verna is also a capable car, as would be the Ciaz that launches soon. Youre not missing much by not getting the City - the quality levels have seriously dropped in this generation as is apparent in the problems with my new City as well as what others have posted - water leaks, idling belt & clutch noises, high speed instability etc is really disappointing.
Sorry if that was off-topic but just wanted to let vsk2009 know he should not be too sad!

Headlights aren't adequate. Specially the low beam. I am going to do a highway trip soon so need much better lights. Recommendations please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3495552)
Headlights aren't adequate. Specially the low beam. I am going to do a highway trip soon so need much better lights. Recommendations please?

I second you Harry on this. Even full beam in the night give pretty poor visibility. Seriously they need a change. Please let both of us know about it. Harry as you are in Faridabad let us try to bargain some dealer for two headlight bulb upgrades :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3495584)

I second you Harry on this. Even full beam in the night give pretty poor visibility. Seriously they need a change. Please let both of us know about it. Harry as you are in Faridabad let us try to bargain some dealer for two headlight bulb upgrades :)

Sure thing Harpreet. Let me know if you come across any. Any idea what bulbs?

Did my first ever long highway drive; Approx. 310 Kms. Thane - Pune - Thane.

Got a FE of 16.5 for the complete length of the drive as per MID which I would classify as 80% Highway and 20% City (Mumbai, near Lonavla and Pune). No a spirited drive but not even a very sedate drive. Did about 100-120 for a major amount of stretches.

:OT

I had some trouble is trying to get my car to move from standstill on Lonavla Ghats. Kept stalling the engine trying to pick up the car on steep slopes:Frustrati. I am still not a very seasoned driver as I have just 2500 Kms under my belt of which this was actually my first ever drive in any ghats. Rest all the driving has been within the city or flat highways.

Is there any RPM settings that I can do that can assist me in such conditions or it is that I just need to practice more on stopping and starting on steep slopes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakv (Post 3495532)
Dont worry too much - the Verna is also a capable car, as would be the Ciaz that launches soon. Youre not missing much by not getting the City - the quality levels have seriously dropped in this generation as is apparent in the problems with my new City as well as what others have posted - water leaks, idling belt & clutch noises, high speed instability etc is really disappointing.
Sorry if that was off-topic but just wanted to let vsk2009 know he should not be too sad!

Quality levels

Idling belt noise - Only for petrol models, but dealers are aware of this now and replacing it under warranty.

Water Leakage - I guess that was due to the AC rather than any rain water getting in.

High Speed Instability - Just go for Fiat Linea or Skoda Rapid in this segment and definitely not Verna. Even the Vento does not come up to Linea levels as per some of the reviews. City is still better than Verna as far as I know having driven a Verna as well.

There will be issues in any new car models released and these has to be rectified gradually. There are many issues reported by users for some people I know in the previous generation of City.

With the new Verna due to be launched this year end, I guess its not advisable to book and take one now.

Have driven 1200 kms till now. Haven't experienced a single issue reported till now. Touch wood.
Maybe Honda is improving the quality as feedback is pouring in with the relative issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3495876)
Quality levels

Idling belt noise - Only for petrol models, but dealers are aware of this now and replacing it under warranty.

Water Leakage - I guess that was due to the AC rather than any rain water getting in.

High Speed Instability - Just go for Fiat Linea or Skoda Rapid in this segment and definitely not Verna. Even the Vento does not come up to Linea levels as per some of the reviews. City is still better than Verna as far as I know having driven a Verna as well.

There will be issues in any new car models released and these has to be rectified gradually. There are many issues reported by users for some people I know in the previous generation of City.

With the new Verna due to be launched this year end, I guess its not advisable to book and take one now.

My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakv (Post 3495915)
My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.

Leaking rain water? That's quite shocking for a Honda! Is it the weather seals or some other area that's prone to water entry?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Quote:

That's real bad and completely unacceptable in a million rupee car. Did they find the reason behind it?

Quote:

Two reasons - One definitely a manufacturing defect but in case yours is a one off case then this issue should have occurred during transportation of your vehicle or mishandling by the service team. Try to take it to another Honda service who may be more experienced.

I'm from Kerala, and with some heavy rains, there is no leakage so far.

My CVT had electrical earthing issues due to which the doors were unlocking automatically, since the service team did not check the basic things before delivery as they were new dealers and service team is not that experienced. Another experienced dealer here rectified this issue completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alive2Drive (Post 3495470)
Hi Vsk2009,

Did you check with other dealers as some of them may have an extra car or some other customer may have cancelled their car due to the long waiting period. Try your luck ? I did and found one however, the color was not which my family agreed on.

I recommend you should check with other dealers as well.

There is only one dealer in Goa.
I need a car very urgently in this peak Goa monsoon. Waiting till November-December is impossible. So went for Verna. Otherwise I would have happily waited:)