Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 18:28   #2521
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
swiftnfurious, can you please inform me the shop where your friend did this modification from. Looks classy...
Looks like some local shop @ Pampady. You should be able to get it done in any decent shop I believe.
Old 7th August 2014, 21:54   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like some local shop @ Pampady. You should be able to get it done in any decent shop I believe.
OK, Thanks for the info. Shall enquire here.
Old 7th August 2014, 23:17   #2523
BHPian

Feeling let down. After being informed that i am getting my car in this batch, i am not getting it. Dealer says that honda did not send any citys in this lot. They sent mobilios mostly and few amaze n brios. They are saying that honda stopped production in july 2nd half. Frustrated at being treated like this. Head says just take another car. Dont wait. Heart is glued to the city. The see saw has begun
Old 8th August 2014, 00:23   #2524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Feeling let down. After being informed that i am getting my car in this batch, i am not getting it. Dealer says that honda did not send any citys in this lot. They sent mobilios mostly and few amaze n brios. They are saying that honda stopped production in july 2nd half. Frustrated at being treated like this. Head says just take another car. Dont wait. Heart is glued to the city. The see saw has begun
They won't be making any City's in August as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-s...tapukara-plant

City manufacturing is being moved to Rajasthan from greater Noida.
Old 8th August 2014, 00:51   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They won't be making any City's in August as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-s...tapukara-plant

City manufacturing is being moved to Rajasthan from greater Noida.
Thanks. I am aware of the news but the shocker is to hear that i am not getting after being told i am getting allotted. There is mention of august stop but not july.
Old 8th August 2014, 01:28   #2526
BHPian

I guess the Verna is going to have quite a good advantage of the situation here. The peoples love for the city is perfectly understandable but the Verna is unquestionably a damn good alternative. Better in some areas too.... What say folks?
Old 8th August 2014, 06:55   #2527
BHPian

I find this very unfortunate and cruel on the part of honda to let its customers suffer like this. After taking booking they should have made sure they deliver the order on time or else the same should have been communicated to the consumer at the time of booking itself. They should instead stop taking the bookings if they can't produce enough of the City to fulfill the current orders. Being in the same agony myself( booked one in July 1st week) I too think it should help the competition. Already one of the members posted that he had cancelled City and booked the Verna. What Honda is showing is pure arrogance...

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 09:10   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Yes it sure would be depressing to hear that. May be relocation of the plant might address some production issues and you might get a better city. All the best.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 09:52   #2529
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-Topic:
This was the BEST time for Maruti to introduce the Ciaz! Build and inventory give a solid pricing and get a good chunk of City sales! Missed opportunity!

This is how such stupid strategies need to be dealt with!
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 10:16   #2530
BHPian

Mine has come a few days ago and is in the stock yard. Final paperwork for loan was finished a few days ago. Am waiting for my ncb letter from the insurance as well. I had booked a grey vx manual petrol.

I want to change the wheels, but the guy at the dealership is quoting more than 20k for all 5 wheels to be changed to xm2 195/60. I thought the change would cost me somewhere between 8-12k. In Bangalore where would you guys suggest I go for the tyre change as well as figment of stuff like the door sills?
Old 8th August 2014, 15:10   #2531
BHPian

Need some help from fellow BHPians who own Petrol Honda City.

What is the FE we can expect from the petrol city?

I am interested in V variant (diesel or petrol). But the OTR price difference in Bangalore between diesel and petrol variants is around 1.7 Lacs. My yearly running would be around 15k kms, which doesnt justify the diesel unless petrol FE is too low.

With the assumption of average FE for petrol is 13 and 20 for diesel, and the average price difference of 15 Rs per liter between petrol and diesel, it would take almost 4 yrs to break even!

Please share your FE from petrol variant.

Thanks in advance,
Selective
Old 8th August 2014, 15:44   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post

With the assumption of average FE for petrol is 13 and 20 for diesel, and the average price difference of 15 Rs per liter between petrol and diesel, it would take almost 4 yrs to break even!
The gap between petrol and diesel is expected to shrink further to around Rs. 10-11 per litre as diesel price is being increased by 50 paisa per litre every fortnight. In that case the break even will be even more.
My advise will be to stick to petrol.
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 16:46   #2533
BHPian

Quote:

I am interested in V variant (diesel or petrol). But the OTR price difference in Bangalore between diesel and petrol variants is around 1.7 Lacs. My yearly running would be around 15k kms, which doesnt justify the diesel unless petrol FE is too low.

Hi Selective. I own a 2014 Honda City SV MT iVTEC and I am from Bangalore. My car is three month old and have so far completed around 4700 KMs. The overall FE for my car has been between 13.5-14 kmpl and my daily commute is of ~50 KM from Brookefield (Kundalahalli) to Electronic City and back. Since you are from Bangalore, then you must be aware of this route. This stretch comprises of approx 10kms of bumper to bumper traffic where the car is moving below 20 Kmph speed. The rest 40 Kms has medium traffic with an average speed of 60 kmph. I fill up my tank after every 8-9 days which i usually 35 L which costs me around Rs 2800.

I once did a long highway trip and the mileage i got was around 17.5kmpl as per MID.
Thanks
CapnCook is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 19:37   #2534
BHPian

Had sent a mail to Honda and got their reply today. This is what they have to say....
"Dear Sir,

HCIL now has many volume models including the Amaze, City and the newly launched Mobilio and we need to optimize their production across two plants. In accordance with the plan, the Honda City will now be produced from TKR plant from 1st week of September 2014. As you know, we started the mass production of Honda Mobilio in our Greater Noida plant since July and the car has got good response from the market. In order to cater to the strong demand for all models, this shift was required.
This shift of production of the City is as per plan and the gap in production is due to the logistics involved. We had been maximizing Honda City production for the last 4 months and had factored in the production gap of August. However, the demand for the City exceeded our expectations and we were selling the entire volume which we were producing in these months. The production of the City would resume from the 1st week of September.

Further the delivery date shall be informed to you once dispatch plan is released to the dealership by end of this month.

Regards,

Parampreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida
DoctorKK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 19:42   #2535
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance,
Selective
I drive a CVT. In the city i get an average from 10.2 to 13 kms/l mostly due to two lane conditions in Kerala and bumper to bumper in certain areas. On highways it will be in the range of 14.5 to 19.2. I got consistently above 18 kms/l for almost 100 kms in highway driving and touched 19.2 at one point. These are values in MID.

If your travel does not exceed 1500 kms a month quite often, then Petrol is the best option. If you have a lot of travel, go for Diesel. And, service cost for Diesel cars will be higher than Petrol cars. Do a calculation and take the right decision.

Most Viewed