Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 11:35   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I had pre-booked Honda City Diesel. I like everything about the car except NVH level that everyone seems to be talking about. That one thing might be a deal breaker for me. I intend to TD Amaze D sometime this week to take a call on this. If NVH isn't satisfactory might just opt for the 1.5 CVT and hope to have some fun with the paddle shifts.
Another factor may influence your decision. According to Indian Car Enthusiasts, which posted the variant-wise feature list -- https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...sts?ref=stream --
the delivery for diesel City will start from 15th January and the petrol variant only after the 2nd week of March.

If that is true, it is mighty disappointing.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:58   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Another factor may influence your decision. According to Indian Car Enthusiasts, which posted the variant-wise feature list -- https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...sts?ref=stream --
the delivery for diesel City will start from 15th January and the petrol variant only after the 2nd week of March.

I can pretty much confirm what you're saying. I got off the phone with a sales executive at Linkway Honda and he told me exactly this. Sad, but true.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 14:00   #243
BHPian

Spotted it now. Looks taller and less wider than the previous generation. Unlike the previous generation, the boot is also too high.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-1.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-2.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-3.jpg
klassics45 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 17:27   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

If that is true, then its truly disappointing. I might have to look for other alternatives in the 9 - 13L bracket but again sad theres nothing new and exciting.
Old 30th December 2013, 17:50   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I might have to look for other alternatives in the 9 - 13L bracket but again sad theres nothing new and exciting.
Well, SX4 replacement is supposed to be launched during auto expo. Given the current market share of Maruti in the segment I guess they will be more than happy to launch the model soon.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:36   #246
BHPian

Hi All,

What is the meaning of the below line from the screen shot from Honda India web site. Saw a similar thing even on news paper ads. Heard of torque converter AT's and also CVT's. What is this CVT with torque converter? Attaching screen shot from Honda India website for reference.

"With this light weight and compact new CVT with torque converter..". Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screenshot_20131230182931.png  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 30th December 2013 at 18:37.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:51   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Hi All,

What is the meaning of the below line from the screen shot from Honda India web site. Saw a similar thing even on news paper ads. Heard of torque converter AT's and also CVT's. What is this CVT with torque converter? Attaching screen shot from Honda India website for reference.

I think they mean that it is a CVT with paddle shifts, which kind of simulates a TC based transmission while providing the advantages of a CVT.
Old 30th December 2013, 19:08   #248
BHPian

Quote:
I intend to TD Amaze D sometime this week to take a call on this. If NVH isn't satisfactory might just opt for the 1.5 CVT and hope to have some fun with the paddle shifts.
I have done the same & have updated my experience a couple of pages back on the same thread.Trust me the noise in the Amaze is pretty high,however there is a claim about better insulation and some degree of refinement made to the engine in the city. So I would personally suggest you to wait till the TD is available for the city and then take a call because , if your decision would be based on the NVH of Amaze Iam sure you would cancel your booking .
Old 30th December 2013, 19:08   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello geotracks
Please let me know which showroom , I have already established good rapport with Pride in Madhapur. Please let me know if you need any help I can talk to their team lead directly.
Yes, I was referring to Pride Honda. Thanks for the offer. Will keep in mind. I'll reach out to you if I need help.
Old 30th December 2013, 19:13   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that is true, then its truly disappointing. I might have to look for other alternatives in the 9 - 13L bracket but again sad theres nothing new and exciting.
True there isn't much else in that range that will give you trouble free performance and peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Hi All,

From what I understand, the new generation of CVTs use a slim torque converter to get around the rubber-band effect at low speeds and give you that sudden surge. Nissan's X-Tronic CVT in the Sunny also employs the same trick. However at higher speeds the TC is disengaged (or locked) and hence the rubber banding can still become apparent.

As the review says you can use sport mode with the paddle shifters to select a lower ratio to get the acceleration needed.
Old 30th December 2013, 23:17   #251
Senior - BHPian

City Petrol AT deliveries in March is terrible news. I have already sold my car and booked the new car in November!! Why should i give honda an interest free deposit of Rs. 50,000 for 4-5 Months !!
Old 31st December 2013, 08:49   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I have done the same & have updated my experience a couple of pages back on the same thread.Trust me the noise in the Amaze is pretty high,however there is a claim about better insulation and some degree of refinement made to the engine in the city. So I would personally suggest you to wait till the TD is available for the city and then take a call because , if your decision would be based on the NVH of Amaze Iam sure you would cancel your booking .
I did read your experience but I wanted a first hand experience myself. Your suggestion of test driving City before taking a call makes sense. Will do that first when its available. I need to keep plan B ready in the meantime.
rajivn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 09:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
City Petrol AT deliveries in March is terrible news. I have already sold my car and booked the new car in November!! Why should i give honda an interest free deposit of Rs. 50,000 for 4-5 Months !!
This may be wishful thinking but perhaps this news is premature. I say that for two reasons - 1. all reports have said that dealers have received almost equal bookings for both the petrol and diesel variants. Honda would plan deliveries based on demand received rather than a preconceived idea. 2. This ET story last week -- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/27994899.cms -- cites Jnaneswar Sen as saying bookings aren't necessarily a good thing because customers end up cancelling orders.

Of course there could be another reason for March petrol deliveries. Honda may need more time to start delivering the petrol engine and CVT since changes to technology are involved. The diesel, as we know, is unchanged from what they already sell.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:16   #254
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I have booked a City CVT VX on 18th December and the dealer promised to deliver the car by March 2nd week. He also mentioned that the City diesel deliveries will start right after the launch, however the petrol deliveries will only begin in March.

The same has been told by all other dealers as well it seems.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:51   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I have booked a City CVT VX on 18th December and the dealer promised to deliver the car by March 2nd week. He also mentioned that the City diesel deliveries will start right after the launch, however the petrol deliveries will only begin in March.

The same has been told by all other dealers as well it seems.
So my booking is of a similar date for the same model and my dealer continues to tell me that i will know of the delivery date after the launch. Right now dealers do not have any news of cars allocated to them. I do want to believe him since he felt that there was a good chance to get petrol cars in batch 2 in the middle of January. First batch to arrive before the launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks