Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-199.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saion666 (Post 3553062)
Sorry if this has been already discussed. Can anyone tell me how to blacken that garish chrome bar in the new honda city. Is there any option to get a grey/black bar (like in the new Jazz/Fit) instead of that chrome strip from Honda?

Why not go do the 3M CF wrap to that chrome slat?

IMO, would suit the car and not that costly also.

Anurag.

Has anyone managed to get an oem grill for the honda city ? The ones available from honda are too costly.

FYI oem grills are already up for sale in malaysia for as low as 250 RM (~5000 bucks).

Link: http://www.mudah.my/Malaysia/Cars-Ac...grill-for-sale

I was wondering if these are available anywhere in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3552279)
Hello All ,

I came across something quite concerning. There seems to be a design flaw in the placement of the air intake opening which seems to be too low in the IDTEC engine , hence causing the cars to be standard in shallow waters.

I came across the thread by deetjohn where he reported this issue on the AMAZE and when I checked the internet for cases with the City, I did find one.
However I see that this issue is more reported by the Amaze owners than the City owners. I initially thought that it may be because of better ground clearance however when I cross checked I see that both Amaze and City have the same 165 mm GC. Hence my assumption is that the engine protection cover may be saving the situation to an extent , not sure though.

Attachment 1297132 Attachment 1297133

I assume that none of the owners here faced this dreadful problem (touchwood), its better to be safe than sorry so the strong advice is avoid water laden roads. Even If you see other cars pass by without hiccups the same may not be the case with your IDTec hence take a "u" turn and find another route.

Sigh !! another disappointment :Frustrati .

Related links for your reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3552273

http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/ci...ews/43290.html

Cheers,
pdma.

Any idea on the Mobilio , The ground clearance is ofcourse way higher but the Amaze and city both having this issue is worrying

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anup25 (Post 3553682)
Any idea on the Mobilio , The ground clearance is ofcourse way higher but the Amaze and city both having this issue is worrying

Hello Anup,

As mentioned in my previous post this seems to be an issue more with the initial batches of IDTec which as per my understanding Honda corrected in the 2014 Batches. Since Mobilo is the latest in 2014 I think we should not have any issues here.

So I guess there is nothing much to worry :) , anyways Iam following the discussions on this topic regularly and I will keep you all posted if anything pops up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishsharma (Post 3553381)
Has anyone managed to get an oem grill for the honda city ? The ones available from honda are too costly.

FYI oem grills are already up for sale in malaysia for as low as 250 RM (~5000 bucks).

Thank You Nish,

Well its the same grill that Honda is offering in its genuine accessories menu for 3 times the price you quoted here. I guess it will still cost less if we order the same Malaysia and pay the shipment charges.
I did check for the after market grill availability in India however did not find any yet. Its just a matter of time before these hit our markets.

Cheers,
pdma.

Hey friends!!
Finally got Allocation of my car. The dealer provided the VIN number and car would be reaching the dealer by 25th of this month. Checked the manufacturing by the VIN number and found it to be October manufactured!!( don't know why but I am unable to attach a screenshot of the details) Guess can't expect to get a more fresh vehicle than this!!
Keeping fingers crossed and patiently waiting for the car to arrive. Meanwhile got my loan sanctioned from SBI without any hassles( they have the lowest interest rate of 10.45% as of now and there is no processing fee as well.)
Planning to get the Tyres replaced upfront with 195, simply hate the skinny stock Tyres. Any other suggestions on accessories to be added by fellow BHP'ians?

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3553742)
Planning to get the Tyres replaced upfront with 195, simply hate the skinny stock Tyres. Any other suggestions on accessories to be added by fellow BHP'ians?

Is the dealer giving any discount for the tyres? Or the tyre shop taking it? And what make are you thinking of getting?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aga_sahab (Post 3553796)
Is the dealer giving any discount for the tyres? Or the tyre shop taking it? And what make are you thinking of getting?.

No discount or even exchange from the dealer's end. Planning to get it from outside vendor. Enquired with a couple of them and got different rates. If I get Michelin and replace it with same make,I might have to pay around 2750/- extra per tyre( with scope of bargaining) I am planning to get the upgrade of the same brand as I get with the car,otherwise the cost might just shoot up( in case I get MRF replaced with Michelin!!) I'll decide only after PDI and getting the best bargain price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3553742)
Hey friends!!
Finally got Allocation of my car. The dealer provided the VIN number and car would be reaching the dealer by 25th of this month. Checked the manufacturing by the VIN number and found it to be October manufactured!!( don't know why but I am unable to attach a screenshot of the details) Guess can't expect to get a more fresh vehicle than this!!
Keeping fingers crossed and patiently waiting for the car to arrive. Meanwhile got my loan sanctioned from SBI without any hassles( they have the lowest interest rate of 10.45% as of now and there is no processing fee as well.)

Congratulations. Your long wait ends soon. Have a nice memorable long association with City. Do post a thread and share your experience. All the best.

For those interested in a comparison Maruti Ciaz with Honda City, I hope a deatailed analysis by AutoCar India would help. Hope no one has already posted the link...

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-390905.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3553854)
No discount or even exchange from the dealer's end. Planning to get it from outside vendor. Enquired with a couple of them and got different rates. If I get Michelin and replace it with same make,I might have to pay around 2750/- extra per tyre( with scope of bargaining) I am planning to get the upgrade of the same brand as I get with the car,otherwise the cost might just shoot up( in case I get MRF replaced with Michelin!!) I'll decide only after PDI and getting the best bargain price.

My view is that Dealers won't agree on letting you upgrade the tyres even if you are buying the tyres from the dealer itself. Although it is next to impossible for anything really to go wrong with 195s, if at all anything goes wrong Honda will pull their hands off saying that we have not advised any dealer to upgrade the tyres.

Rs. 2750 per tyre in exchange of stock Michelins is very high. I had Michelin XM1 as stock and exchanged them for Rs. 1550 per tyre for 195/60/R15 XM2 about 6 months ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3554331)
My view is that Dealers won't agree on letting you upgrade the tyres even if you are buying the tyres from the dealer itself. Although it is next to impossible for anything really to go wrong with 195s, if at all anything goes wrong Honda will pull their hands off saying that we have not advised any dealer to upgrade the tyres.

Rs. 2750 per tyre in exchange of stock Michelins is very high. I had Michelin XM1 as stock and exchanged them for Rs. 1550 per tyre for 195/60/R15 XM2 about 6 months ago.

Thanks for the info regarding the exchange rate for Michelin. Can you tell me which city you got these rates? I confirmed with my dealer and he had no issues with getting Tyres replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3554347)
Can you tell me which city you got these rates?

In Mumbai of course. But different cities shouldn't translate to such a varying exchange rate.

Hello All ,

I sent an email to Honda today requesting for clarity on the Hydro lock issues , may be somebody would have already done that however I personally wanted to get more information or assurance on the matter as well.

I will keep you posted if they care to respond.

Cheers,
pdma.

^^
Exactly what I was also planning. Please keep us posted as and when you get a response from Honda.

BTW, last weekend went to check out the City diesel. When I asked the sales guys about this issue, they appeared to be totally unaware of any such thing. So took a look under the hood myself. It appeared that the air intake is at the regular level, where you will find it in almost any car, just behind the top of the radiator. And the height and location is quite good and difficult to suck in water. So hopefully the issue has been resolved. Do we have any picture available of the affected engine's air intake position ?

But let's see whether Honda responds to your mail. A test of Honda's customer friendliness - I would say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tMax (Post 3555797)
^^

BTW, last weekend went to check out the City diesel. When I asked the sales guys about this issue, they appeared to be totally unaware of any such thing. So took a look under the hood myself. It appeared that the air intake is at the regular level, where you will find it in almost any car, just behind the top of the radiator. And the height and location is quite good and difficult to suck in water. So hopefully the issue has been resolved. Do we have any picture available of the affected engine's air intake position ?

I have a Jan-14 manufactured iVtec and the air intake is at a high level. Don't know if the issue is only with some earlier idtecs?

Friends, did a 1000km over the Dussehra in visiting Shimla and beyond from Gurgaon on VX CVT. Got a mileage of 15 before starting the climb after Chandigarh. The average mileage over the entire trip was 13.8kmpl because of the extensive mountain driving. We were four people and had a loaded boot, but never felt starved for pulling power on the hills.

I'm still on the stock Michelin XM1s that came with the car, but was quite reassured to see how the car hugged the curves on the mountains as we did the numerous S and hairpins. On the steep descents, used the paddle shifters to go down and hold onto gear 2 or 1 for activating engine braking. It was quite convenient to do.

We also took in as much of the fresh mountain air, whenever we weren't in the heavy traffic, thanks to the Sunroof.

Had used Amron backrests behind the back as I was not too comfortable earlier on my back during the last long drive that I took, probably because of the upholstery stuffing being too soft. This prevented any unwelcome back pains.

On the return back, we decided to visit Chail, and then take the road to Solan which eventually joins the Shinla-Chandigarh highway. Unexpectedly encountered a river that I had to wade through enroute. Was hesitant to attempt it initially but took the plunge after seeing an old Accent making it. Went across the river without an issue.

Overall, a satisfying drive.

Missed the 3rd SHR. Drooling on the images of harleys parked. My ride is getting ready now. Maybe in 1-2 weeks I will lay my hands on it! Exitement building up. But I really don't know how I will ride it. (since it has been a long long time riding a bike)

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3555846)
I have a Jan-14 manufactured iVtec and the air intake is at a high level

Hello outdoor lover ,

Kindly note the issue is or was ( yet to be 100% determined ) only reported with IDTec's and hence IVTec were always fine as mentioned in the other thread as well specific to the topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3555851)

We also took in as much of the fresh mountain air, whenever we weren't in the heavy traffic, thanks to the Sunroof.

Unexpectedly encountered a river that I had to wade through enroute. Was hesitant to attempt it initially but took the plunge after seeing an old Accent making it. Went across the river without an issue.

Overall, a satisfying drive.

Nice to know that you had a chance to enjoy the sunroof :thumbup:

As pointed out by outdoor lover as well the air intake in IVTec's is at the headlight level and hence its kind of manageable with a degree of definite risk involved.

Cheers ,
pdma.