Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2015, 14:05   #3706
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Thank you Sir! I'm sure you'll buy the City one day specially when its midlife makeover will come in a years time.

Regarding mileage, the car is fairly new. I haven't crossed 200kms yet. So far my mid shows 8.5kmpl average with AC on 90% of the time. Mine is a petrol so it's hard to get 20+ from the car.
Petrol!! Still, it should give you 15+ Kmpl. My 7 Yr old swift gives 12 With ac in city and 18 on highway (i drive my cars like they own me!!! - Seldom beyond 2000 Rpm, even the THAR goes 14 Kmpl in delhi!!! (without ac),

how is petrol compared to diesel? Did u try both options?
what is your daily running?

yaar if u hit G.T. Road in this weather and dont cross 85-90 Kmph on highest gear, i am sure a honda can give 18-20 Without ac.
or maybe i am expecting too much out of petrol engine.
Old 16th March 2015, 14:38   #3707
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhi29 View Post
Petrol!! Still, it should give you 15+ Kmpl. My 7 Yr old swift gives 12 With ac in city and 18 on highway (i drive my cars like they own me!!! - Seldom beyond 2000 Rpm, even the THAR goes 14 Kmpl in delhi!!! (without ac),

how is petrol compared to diesel? Did u try both options?
what is your daily running?
The thing is, new engines are always a bit more thirsty. It needs running in for atleast 2000-3000kms before settling for a respectable fuel economy figure. For the first 1500kms I'm not counting mileage figures at all. I keep the ignition on at signals and traffic jams and for this the figure goes down a little bit but that's okay for first couple of thousand kms. I'm also not taking the RPM beyond 2.5k. And I think you do have a good driving style that yields you better economy.

During the buying process I sat in a diesel City to get the feel of the engine noise/NVH but test drove the petrol only. Didn't go for the diesel partly because my daily running is inconsistent but usually not more than 50kms a day and partly because the diesel clutter in the City is too harsh to be comfortable with. If diesel is needed then I think Vento is a better car.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 09:52   #3708
BHPian

URGENT

Can anyone help me out with what all is REQUIRED in the first paid, (10,000km) service of a Diesel City?

Solitare Honda, Mumbai have given me an absurd estimate of Rs. 10,740+Taxes with all kind of things including Silencer cleaning, AC Disinfection, Throttle Body cleaning, etc.

Last edited by DeKay : 17th March 2015 at 09:54.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:03   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
URGENT

Can anyone help me out with what all is REQUIRED in the first paid, (10,000km) service of a Diesel City?

Solitare Honda, Mumbai have given me an absurd estimate of Rs. 10,740+Taxes with all kind of things including Silencer cleaning, AC Disinfection, Throttle Body cleaning, etc.
DeKay, details of these are mentioned on the Honda service manual. Just go with what Honda mentions there.

AC Disinfection is our choice. Silencer cleaning and throttle body cleaning hmmm..I dont know, somebody please help.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 10:41   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT

Ask for 'HONDA recommended' list of to-do things for 10K service. Just stick to that list.

Anything not mentioned in the list is entirely your choice. e.g. when I do my regular servicing the HONDA dealer recommends additional 'good to get done' items....I pick some items (e.g. tire alignment & balancing, 3M underbody rust treatment, A/C cleaning etc.) and drop the others.

Hope this helps.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:49   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT

Here is my 10K Diesel City Service Bill (Rs 2378). HAd gone back the next day for Alignment(Got the balancing done outside) which was another Rs 500. Hope it helps
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_5857.jpg
malgudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 10:53   #3712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
URGENT

.... have given me an absurd estimate ..... Throttle Body cleaning, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
...... throttle body cleaning hmmm..I dont know, somebody please help.
The latest Honda City model comes with Drive-by-wire technology, it means, the mechanical throttle/accelerator cable has been replaced by an electronic unit, that converts the accelerator input from the pedal to an electrical signal and feeds it directly into the ECU.

Eessentially, there should be no cable from the accelerator pedal to the engine throttle valve in the Honda city.
The throttle body cleaning which the dealer has mentioned looks suspicious.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th March 2015 at 10:54.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 14:55   #3713
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT

Just to clarify, is this the 6 Month Servicing you are talking about or the 1 Year servicing. I am asking this because for a Diesel car the 10K servicing is actually the 6 Month Servicing which is the 3rd Free Servicing. The only charges in this servicing would be your Oil change, which should not be more than ~2500 bucks.

If this is the 4th Servicing (One Year completed) then go by the Manual and the things mentioned in the manual only.

Here are a couple of links indicating the Servicing Details of Honda City 2014.

http://www.cardekho.com/honda-city/service-cost.htm

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=758&Itemid=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Here is my 10K Diesel City Service Bill (Rs 2378). HAd gone back the next day for Alignment(Got the balancing done outside) which was another Rs 500. Hope it helps
Attachment 1350440
This is what I am referring too as the 10K servicing for the Diesel car.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 21:34   #3714
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need to contact the Honda central customer care or complaints center. Can someone provide me the contact number or the email ID for registering a complaint regarding the service provided by the dealers.

Thank you.

Regards.
Old 17th March 2015, 22:19   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Going on another highway trip this Saturday. Need to get the horn of my car changed urgently.

Any recommendations keeping in mind it shouldn't affect the warranty?
Old 18th March 2015, 07:55   #3716
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi guys,

I need to contact the Honda central customer care or complaints center. Can someone provide me the contact number or the email ID for registering a complaint regarding the service provided by the dealers.

Thank you.

Regards.
Do check this out
Honda CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE/QUERY : 1800 113 121 / 011 39898918
customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
Old 19th March 2015, 01:50   #3717

Hi All,

After months of contemplating between Vento TSI and Honda City, I have finally decided to go with the more peaceful City CVT VX. A big thanks to all the members for helping me take the most important decision since getting married!

It's pretty weird to absorb the fact that a 13.5 lakh car does not come with parking sensors and a touchscreen HU with navigation. While I will get the sensors installed from the dealer, I am confused about the HU. The dealer is offering a Casca HU with OEM look for 50k which is too aspirational since I have not heard of any reviews about that anywhere.
I have seen the OEM console sold by DHC India and I am more inclined towards getting a Pioneer/Kenwood HU installed with the OEM console. I am really confused between both the options and would appreciate your expertise in helping me to choose.

Also a big Thank You to all the admins for approving my application.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 19th March 2015, 08:23   #3718
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickACM View Post
Hi All,

After months of contemplating between Vento TSI and Honda City, I have finally decided to go with the more peaceful City CVT VX. A big thanks to all the members for helping me take the most important decision since getting married!

It's pretty weird to absorb the fact that a 13.5 lakh car does not come with parking sensors and a touchscreen HU with navigation. While I will get the sensors installed from the dealer, I am confused about the HU. The dealer is offering a Casca HU with OEM look for 50k which is too aspirational since I have not heard of any reviews about that anywhere.
I have seen the OEM console sold by DHC India and I am more inclined towards getting a Pioneer/Kenwood HU installed with the OEM console. I am really confused between both the options and would appreciate your expertise in helping me to choose.

Also a big Thank You to all the admins for approving my application.

Regards
Nikhil
Congrats Nikhil on your purchase!

When I booked my SV CVT, I went for the Blaupunkt HU (Sandiego 530) which was a dealer fitment for 33k. The dealer threatened losing warranty if I did the install outside and you can get the same HU for 7 to 8k cheaper if done outside. However my experience with the Blaunpunk HU has been very average: The interface is very bad (you have to double tap - similar to double click in windows to open files). The MapMyIndia navigation works, but nowhere near Google maps - to the extent I have stopped using it unless really required. Typing an address on this HU is a chore and you need a good full 1-2 minutes for this activity. I also sometimes look up a point of interest using Google maps and then have to input the data in the HU in a way that it understands. The interface is resistive (not capacitive) and so touch response is like 5 to 6 years old!

My suggestion is to give the stock HU a try for a while and then swap it if you are still unsatisfied with it. I have no idea about Caska, but if your dealer is ok with you getting HU outside, look for aftermarket options. You will also be required to buy a fascia to fit a 2 Din HU to the existing dashboard

When I tried upgrading my stock speaker, every accessory shop recommended that I should have gone for a Pioneer or Kenwood HU to get maximum bang for my buck
Old 19th March 2015, 15:14   #3719
BHPian

Quote:
It's pretty weird to absorb the fact that a 13.5 lakh car does not come with parking sensors and a touchscreen HU with navigation.
Nikhil
I think you made the right choice. I too got the CVT VX booked and i'll be taking the delivery of my car next week.
Even i think they should have provided the parking sensors and the navigation touchscreen HU in such a car. Additionally they could also have provided features like Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror and Rain Sensing Wipers (Available in the Maruti Ciaz).
Old 19th March 2015, 15:39   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

After months of contemplating between Vento TSI and Honda City, I have finally decided to go with the more peaceful City CVT VX.

The dealer is offering a Casca HU with OEM look for 50k which is too aspirational since I have not heard of any reviews about that anywhere.

Regards Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,

I went for Sandiego 530 for 30K. It has built in Navigation (TomTom Maps). It has a two year warranty and the screen size is 6". The Dealer's option is a one year warranty item and has a bigger screen (7" or 8").

All the best.

Most Viewed