Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 11:36   #3796
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
but there was a thread here recently where the loan company released payment and even started deducting the emi before the car was allotted/ delivered.
Yes ideally this can not happen but in recent past I've seen this happening in various dealerships of different brands in my city. Usually there is a rapport between these dealerships and common loan disbursing authorities ( viz. HDFC, ICICI etc.). This is a win win situation for both, the bank and the dealer. The bank disburse the loan quickly as the secure a customer and start earning interest whereas, the dealer gets the money and can make use of it to place another booking. So basically the dealer is using one customers money to place order for another customer without investing a single penny.

Regarding the topic, I think NickACM should not pay the money until he gets the allocation and VIN. Otherwise you'll have no choice but to stick to that dealer and be at their mercy.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 15:03   #3797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think I'm having an issue with my car that has not been discussed here before. So I request other MT i-vtec owners to share their experience in this regard. The problem is, in 3rd gear when I'm taking my foot off the pedal, the gear lever is vibrating a little bit and you can feel it if you keep your hand on the lever but when I'm accelerating, the gear lever stays normal like it should. I don't know if this vibration is visible or not without touching it because frankly I haven't seen yet. Remember this happens only in 3rd gear. In any other gear the lever stays normal be it in acceleration or not. I'll report this issue in first service but before that, it would be nice to know if this is common across model or specific to my car only.
I noticed this problem very early in the last 10 months of my ownership. Have reported to them in all the 3 services done so far. Every time, they would say, they do not notice any such issue. It comes mostly when we do the shift to 3rd gear around 20 kmph, and probably when the engine need to pull when we accelerate from this speed. The gear level will vibrate for few seconds with audible sound till the speed goes past 30-40 kmph. I have to visit them again for a live road trial with SA when i get time. Any other suggestions or points to reproduce this issue?. Thanks.
Old 7th April 2015, 15:48   #3798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickACM View Post

Should I make the final payment now or hold on to some amount and make the final payment after Allotment/PDI?
My suggestion is NOT to make the full payment before you get your VIN and/or you do your PDI. If everything goes well, then there might not be any issues, but if something were to go wrong in the process, you will be at the mercy of the dealer. What if there are issues with the car or the car is 2 months old? You can make an issue about it and complain to Honda etc. but again it's waste of time.

Ideally, I would prefer to handover the bank cheque and my balance payment after PDI and wait for the cheques to clear and take the delivery. If I can wait for my car for 2 months, then waiting for another 2-3 days should not matter.

This is the trend with City as I have faced the same issue. The sales associate repeatedly said "people are waiting for 1 month after making full payment, you need to understand, sir". I have refused to buy this, no matter how popular the product is I will have to keep my interests first. Hope this helps.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 15:04   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinride View Post
I noticed this problem very early in the last 10 months of my ownership. Have reported to them in all the 3 services done so far. Every time, they would say, they do not notice any such issue... to visit them again for a live road trial with SA when i get time. Any other suggestions or points to reproduce this issue?. Thanks.
I'll take my car for the first service this saturday. Will try to explain it to them. In these sort of problems you need to have a practical road test to make them understand. Hopefully that will do.
Old 9th April 2015, 15:42   #3800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinride View Post
I noticed this problem very early in the last 10 months of my ownership. Have reported to them in all the 3 services done so far. Every time, they would say, they do not notice any such issue. It comes mostly when we do the shift to 3rd gear around 20 kmph, and probably when the engine need to pull when we accelerate from this speed. The gear level will vibrate for few seconds with audible sound till the speed goes past 30-40 kmph. I have to visit them again for a live road trial with SA when i get time. Any other suggestions or points to reproduce this issue?. Thanks.
I have similar issue in my car, reported it during last service. They would be replacing the synchronizer under warranty.

I think, few of the cars (iVTEC) from the initial batches have this issue and Honda is replacing this under warranty to the ones who are reporting it.
Old 11th April 2015, 21:14   #3801
BHPian

1st Paid Service Update (20K Kms - Semi Major Service)

Odo Reading - 12,360 Kms. (7,747 Kms since last Service)

Damage to the Pocket - Rs. 4,344

Break-up of Bill
  • 20K Kms Paid Service - Rs. 2112
  • Honda Diagnostic Scanning for Troubleshooting - Rs. 348
  • Battery Testing - Rs. 28
  • Washer Plug Drain - Rs. 21
  • Oil Filter Cartridge - Rs. 150
  • Engine Oil SL10W30 - Rs. 1278
  • Consumables - Rs. 358
  • Windscreen Fluid - Rs. 50

All prices are inclusive of all sorts of Taxes.

Since I had complained about my dis-satisfaction of my last service (Insurance claim for the Left Door Dent Removal) I got a free waxing of the car. A nice way to get free waxing. Should try it one more time sometime.

Initially the estimate given by the Service Advisor was something around Rs. 10,000 when we started talking about what all things are done in the 20K Kms (Semi Major Service) which made me like this.

Then he started the usual service advisor non-sense. This Service includes wheel alignment & balancing, Oil Change, Oil Filter change, Air filter change, etc.

My prompt response was I don't need Wheel Alignment & balancing, I have done it from outside when I neared 10K Kms.

Before going for the servicing I had been through the maintenance schedule in the Owner's Manual thoroughly. The moment the service center guy said Air Filter change, I was like stop right there. Air Filter Change as per Owner's manual is at 30K Kms (18 Months). He said that in the system it shows 20K Kms. I showed him the Owner's manual. In fact at 20K Kms service, Dust & Pollen Filter replacement is indicated which did not come up on the service advisor's system. He did indicate that I could do this too at the 30K Kms (18 Months). I accepted that.

After all these talks, he puts up the estimate print-out in front of me with a total of approx. Rs. 5500 ( I don't remember the exact figure). Going through the estimate, a couple of more scams come out.
  1. The famous AC disinfectant Scam - Rs. 850
  2. Throttle Body Cleaning - Rs. 350 (Engine Decarbonisation)

Both of the above I just calmly said "Not Required".

It helps being a BHPian and going through the forums & going through the Owner's Manual.

The BAD NEWS

The Engine Grinding Noise is back. This comes after replacement of the Alternator belt about 7500 Kms ago. Post 5000 Kms of the Alternator belt replacement, I thought I was done with the issue. But it was not to be. I am sure this Grinding noise has started mostly after the Servicing as I had been keeping a close eye on this issue as well as other issues reported by BHPians, so that if at all any of the issues seen by others is seen by me too, I can report it while the Servicing.

Last edited by tejas08 : 11th April 2015 at 21:26. Reason: Note added / Engine Alternator Belt Grinding noise
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 00:04   #3802
BHPian

Great job tejas. It's quite simple actually, just keeping a check on your cars regular timely maintenance. We owe our cars that much. If only everyone would be just as considerate towards their car's needs then this world would be a better place. All the listed prices seem very reasonable and much lesser than what some crappy manufacturers charge. Taking some time out and referring to the manual is a very good practice indeed.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 07:35   #3803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
[*]Honda Diagnostic Scanning for Troubleshooting - Rs. 348
Unless you had any warning lights on in the car - this is not needed as well. Unfortunately, I've also fallen for this scam during my visit to the FIAT service center last week.

Air Filter change at 30k kms? For my car, FIAT recommends 15k. But I change every 7.5k as the filter gets too dirty by then. Makes a good difference on performance and fuel efficiency. Our conditions are just too dusty for such long intervals.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 08:57   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Unless you had any warning lights on in the car - this is not needed as well. Unfortunately, I've also fallen for this scam during my visit to the FIAT service center last week.
I agree. It actually came to my mind after I had left the Service Center. I didn't bother to call up the Service Advisor as it was only about Rs. 350. Will be taking care of it the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Air Filter change at 30k kms? For my car, FIAT recommends 15k. But I change every 7.5k as the filter gets too dirty by then. Makes a good difference on performance and fuel efficiency. Our conditions are just too dusty for such long intervals.
This really is my first car and just nearing the completion of the First year of ownership of my car. So quite frankly not yet accustomed to all the stuff. So I just stuck to the Owner's Manual. I had a doubt because I had read some comments regarding putting in K&N filters and can be used for upto 8-10K Kms. But then I just said that the manufacturer knows its car the best.
Old 13th April 2015, 00:32   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I have exactly the same minor sound coming from somewhere in the center of the dashboard behind the AC vents.
....was not able to reproduce this sound from the dashboard to them . ..
After careful observation, I now believe there is a loose nut/object in the space below the front vents that blow air on the windshield. It makes a sound while going over bumps and sharp uneven roads.
The screw/nut is moving around in that space below the windshield vent (near to the AC sensor in the middle).

Will the service guys need to take out the entire dashboard? for removing this loose object. or is there some other way to remove objects from AC vents?. I don't like the idea of removing the entire dashboard (which is factory fitted and tightly put together).
Old 13th April 2015, 08:14   #3806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After careful observation, I now believe there is a loose nut/object in the space below the front vents that blow air on the windshield. It makes a sound while going over bumps and sharp uneven roads.
The screw/nut is moving around in that space below the windshield vent (near to the AC sensor in the middle).

Will the service guys need to take out the entire dashboard? for removing this loose object. or is there some other way to remove objects from AC vents?. I don't like the idea of removing the entire dashboard (which is factory fitted and tightly put together).
I had faced a more or less similar issue in my previous car, Indica. The blower fan would make some "kkrrrrrr" noise when running on fan speed 1. Noise would accentuate when going on a speed bump. It was diagnosed that the fan blade was touching the casing. There was no other option but to open the whole dashboard.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:24   #3807
BHPian

Quote:

I also faced the same issue and in my case it was the loose plastic cover between the wind shield and hood making the noise. Please check this before taking out the entire dash board.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:25   #3808
BHPian

I went for the first service of my car and reported the gear lever vibration/gear synchronizer problem. They took a test drive and acknowledged the issue but they concluded that this same issue is found in other i-vtec cars as well and since Honda have not issued any internal recall for this, they would not change the synchronizer for me. They were courteous but clueless to the problem. Exactly what I feared. Now should I write to Honda and ask for solution to the problem?
Old 13th April 2015, 11:38   #3809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrrooommm View Post
... in my case it was the loose plastic cover between the wind shield and hood making the noise...
Thanks, I'll check the same. Can you tell me where exactly is this loose plastic cover ? and by "hood" are you referring to the plastic top of the dashboard ?
Old 13th April 2015, 14:03   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check the same. Can you tell me where exactly is this loose plastic cover ? and by "hood" are you referring to the plastic top of the dashboard ?
It's outside the car, the plastic cover where the windshield washer nozzles are fixed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Hond...da-city-12.jpg
Vrrooommm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed