Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 20:41   #3811
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

What is the life of the clutch normally in a honda city? Taking into consideration the various types of environment of usage and driving styles. Exceptions may be left out please
Old 13th April 2015, 23:59   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Honda has launched the Honda City VX(O) priced at Rs 10.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the petrol and Rs 11.83 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the diesel. The VX(O) trim is available only on the manual variants. It will slot in above the VX trim and become the new top trim in the model’s line-up.

The Honda City VX(O) gets a 6.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation and Bluetooth connectivity which includes functions such as on-screen dialling, address book, call answering and call log access. The touch-screen also doubles up as a display for the reverse camera, with guidance lines. And a new paint shade called White Orchid Pear is also introduced.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vn-system.html

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th April 2015 at 17:18. Reason: adding link to news item
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 13:33   #3813
BHPian

To all CVT and probably Manual petrol owners:

For those who feel that your CVT is noisy especially on quick acceleration, I got it resolved. In fact, as per many reviews CVT was supposed to be noisy mainly while overtaking, so I did not bother to tell the service.

However, last time when I went to replace the horn, just told them that it feels a bit noisy. The SA told he will check the insulation. Well, don't exactly know what they did, but the noise has really reduced even on brisk acceleration.

Probably another thing which Honda wanted the service centers to do rather than they themselves doing it.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 14th April 2015 at 13:37.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 13:36   #3814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
What is the life of the clutch normally in a honda city? Taking into consideration the various types of environment of usage and driving styles. Exceptions may be left out please
The answer is you. No hard rules as per my guess. Depends on traffic conditions and the way you use the clutch. Too much of half clutch driving will wear it down.

JFYI..Had to replace my Wagon R's clutch at 12000 kms. The ride was mostly in Bangalore so you can expect what the traffic would be there.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 14:34   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
The answer is you. No hard rules as per my guess. Depends on traffic conditions and the way you use the clutch. Too much of half clutch driving will wear it down.

JFYI..Had to replace my Wagon R's clutch at 12000 kms. The ride was mostly in Bangalore so you can expect what the traffic would be there.
Traffic n all is ok. But dont u feel 12000 is too early for clutch change. My dad's wagon R in Kolkata traffic is still running fine on the original clutch after 7 yrs and clocking close to 30000 kms Btw, what is the clutch change interval recommended by Honda for the city? Is it condition based or km based?
Old 14th April 2015, 15:34   #3816
BHPian

I've started to notice 2 issues on my SV CVT:
- The fan motor (for AC) seems to be making some sort of sound. This is more evident when you keep the blower at level 1-2 and windows rolled up. I was able to pull the glove box down and pull out air filter and was able to pin point at the fan sitting below the air filter.
- When the audio unit is on, reduce the volume all the way down and then try rolling up the read windows all the way up. Beyond this, if you try to roll up, it gives some click sound (only when audio unit is on). I showed it to SA and he said this is as per design and he showed the same sound on another ANHC. Somehow I don't recollect hearing this earlier.

Also, I don't thing that the air filter gets cleaned when you give car for service. Though the SA mentioned that they check and clean them, post service (1 year), when I checked air filter, it had loads of dust and I had to vacuum it myself to clean it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Source: Autocar India
One more thing they seem to have added in all models 'S' onwards, is security alarm. It's probably the beeps/alert sounds that come when you lock/unlock the car or press panic button. I wish they had included when they launched the models. I find it easier to locate my car when I've parked in a huge open lot

Quote:
To all CVT and probably Manual petrol owners:

For those who feel that your CVT is noisy especially on quick acceleration, I got it resolved. In fact, as per many reviews CVT was supposed to be noisy mainly while overtaking, so I did not bother to tell the service.

However, last time when I went to replace the horn, just told them that it feels a bit noisy. The SA told he will check the insulation. Well, don't exactly know what they did, but the noise has really reduced even on brisk acceleration.

Probably another thing which Honda wanted the service centers to do rather than they themselves doing it.
Interesting. Did the noise increase over time that you reported? I'll bring it up on my next service

Last edited by neel911 : 14th April 2015 at 15:35.
Old 14th April 2015, 16:25   #3817
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I have a 2014 model Honda City. I have done nearly 98000 km and presently with the original clutch.
SCH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 17:27   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
I have a 2014 model Honda City. I have done nearly 98000 km and presently with the original clutch.
98k for a 2014 model? If it's not a typo then it's higher than what most cabs manage on this amount of time. We would love to know your feedback on how the car is holding up as there seem to be some obvious cost cutting and quality compromises in the latest generation. Are there any rattles or niggles that have troubled you? Can you give information about the service costs as upkeep costs up to 20-30k (as on most threads) vary vastly to a car that has done almost 1 lakh kms. Your help will be appreciated.
Old 14th April 2015, 18:51   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
I have a 2014 model Honda City. I have done nearly 98000 km.
98k kms in a year :what: ? That's insane!! Humbly requesting enlightenment on your nature of commute and mind boggling amount of running in the said time span. I'm still shaken. Not that it's an impossible feat but very rarely heard of.
Old 14th April 2015, 20:28   #3820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I've started to notice 2 issues on my SV CVT:
- The fan motor (for AC) seems to be making some sort of sound. This is more evident when you keep the blower at level 1-2 and windows rolled up. I was able to pull the glove box down and pull out air filter and was able to pin point at the fan sitting below the air filter.

Also, I don't thing that the air filter gets cleaned when you give car for service. Though the SA mentioned that they check and clean them, post service (1 year), when I checked air filter, it had loads of dust and I had to vacuum it myself to clean it

Interesting. Did the noise increase over time that you reported? I'll bring it up on my next service
Yes, even I had that minor sound noticeable only on idle. But, once the filter was cleaned it went off. You should expect lots of dust in Bangalore. New Bangalore is never the old beautiful Bangalore

No, the sound never increased. Just told them that I feel it's a bit noisy and it got resolved . There is still some sound on heavy acceleration but it's much much insulated than before.
Old 14th April 2015, 23:44   #3821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
- When the audio unit is on, reduce the volume all the way down and then try rolling up the read windows all the way up. Beyond this, if you try to roll up, it gives some click sound (only when audio unit is on). I showed it to SA and he said this is as per design and he showed the same sound on another ANHC. Somehow I don't recollect hearing this earlier.

I have this exact same clicking issue on pressing the window roll up switch! Its been there since i got the car in June 2014; was fixed in first service but showed up again immediately in less than a week. Someone earlier had posted a reply to my post stating this is not a major safety issue as i thought this was related to my installation of an amplifier - will have to dig my old post up from the ICE forums.
Old 15th April 2015, 11:00   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post

I have this exact same clicking issue on pressing the window roll up switch! Its been there since i got the car in June 2014; was fixed in first service but showed up again immediately in less than a week. Someone earlier had posted a reply to my post stating this is not a major safety issue as i thought this was related to my installation of an amplifier - will have to dig my old post up from the ICE forums.
I had mentioned it in my earlier posts, my July 2014 SV MT iVTEC has it too, only if the rear windows are raised all the way to the top from the driver's controls with audio on. The service folks admitted that they have no clue why this is so. Since this is a rare scenario, I didn't bother. With a total running of around 5500 km and nearing the one year mark, this is the only niggle I had for the City.
Old 15th April 2015, 11:07   #3823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post

Have the exact same noise from the rear window switches in my SV diesel model as well. The dealer said it is the window relay noise and is present in all city models. He showed me atleast 25-30 cars from the S to the VX model (petrol and diesel) at his yard and also the ones that came to service and all had this clicking sound.
Old 15th April 2015, 23:13   #3824
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just dropped in here to share some feedback about my City's rear bumper. In the past couple of months, I have had three different incidents involving my car's rear bumper. First was in Chikpet, BLR where an i20 driver rammed my car from behind. I guess the speed of his car was under 20. In the second instance, I reversed onto a sign board (ouch) at night. Was overly relying on the sensors. On the third occasion, an inattentive i20 driver at a traffic signal rear ended me. He was fiddling with his phone and I could even see him coming in my rear view mirror. I have developed a kind of OCD where I always check my rear view mirror every time I brake/stop. Thank god he was not travelling very fast. But still I could feel a huge jolt.

But even after all these incidents, the bumper is holding it's ground well. No scratches, no dents and no dislocations. I think the material of the rear bumper is much much better than that of the front bumper.

Completing one year and almost 15k kms in May.

Thanks
CapnCook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 06:11   #3825
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even I had that minor sound noticeable only on idle. But, once the filter was cleaned it went off. You should expect lots of dust in Bangalore. New Bangalore is never the old beautiful Bangalore

No, the sound never increased. Just told them that I feel it's a bit noisy and it got resolved . There is still some sound on heavy acceleration but it's much much insulated than before.
How do you clean the filter? Is there any video or pic that could help? If any, will request the members to please post. Any DIY tip is always welcome

Most Viewed