Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-256.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3685337)
To all CVT and probably Manual petrol owners:

For those who feel that your CVT is noisy especially on quick acceleration, I got it resolved. In fact, as per many reviews CVT was supposed to be noisy mainly while overtaking, so I did not bother to tell the service.

However, last time when I went to replace the horn, just told them that it feels a bit noisy. The SA told he will check the insulation. Well, don't exactly know what they did, but the noise has really reduced even on brisk acceleration.

Probably another thing which Honda wanted the service centers to do rather than they themselves doing it.

Will it be possible for you to check or elaborate what was exactly done? If there is a noticeable drop in sound levels, I will bring it up with my SA too

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3686788)
How do you clean the filter? Is there any video or pic that could help? If any, will request the members to please post. Any DIY tip is always welcome

You can check this video on instructions how to remove the air filter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUmLnVJDhw

To clean, what I did is that took a suction vaccum and tried to move it gently on each groove. Make sure you attach the required accessory to the vacuum so it can get into those grooves and just move it from one side to other. It takes some time but is worth it. Please do not wash it with water. Also, the air flow is typically from up to down. When you remove the filter, you'll notice that the top part is the only side you need to clean. Also, please do remember to insert back the air filter in the same direction. Post this, I did find a noticeable difference in the air flow as the amount of dust I had on the air filter, I'm sure it wasn't able to pull enough air earlier

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRN (Post 3686792)
Will it be possible for you to check or elaborate what was exactly done? If there is a noticeable drop in sound levels, I will bring it up with my SA too

That would be really helpful so next time we can tell the SA what exactly needs to be done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 3686756)
There is no alarm system for the car. Anyone can open the door take belongings and walk off. I would not recommend leaving anything valuable in the car. (I am having the City VX and the keyless entry and go seems very “fashionable” but a security system is definitely better, even the swift has it. Rapid, Vento has an alarm system, don’t really know about Verna, Linea, etc.) That said, the ASS acknowledged the fact, but said I would have to replace the entire system to get an “alarm”.

- Again with my luck. Newer City has got a nice Metallic Orchid Pearl White, an AVN system, a Security alarm and better build quality. Out of all this; I would really liked the alarm.

Can you explain what is this "alarm" thing that the new City now comes with and why is it so special. I mean I have a V variant and it doesn't have keyless entry but it's got remote keys only. What is the function of this alarm and is it possible to fit it in our cars later on.

Also, you've said the new City has better build quality than before but what makes you think so. Have you got any info from the Service Center?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRN (Post 3686792)

Sure. I might go again soon to the Service for replacing wipers. Will ask that time.

BTW, Planning to buy and install Bosch Aerotwin wipers. Currently it is out of stock with one dealer in Trivandrum. Need to check somewhere else.

Recently while discussing cars with two of my colleagues, I was surprised to learn that they have to take their Honda City to the service center every three months. Looking at the service interval (service schedule) in the owner's manual - this seems to be true. Oil change every 5000 km or 6 months, Front and Rear Brake inspection every 3 months, visual inspection of several other items every 3 months. I think this is not there in other cars. Kind of strange. Comments from owners?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0055.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0056.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbiju (Post 3688054)
Recently while discussing cars with two of my colleagues, I was surprised to learn that they have to take their Honda City to the service center every three months. Looking at the service interval (service schedule) in the owner's manual - this seems to be true. Oil change every 5000 km or 6 months, Front and Rear Brake inspection every 3 months, visual inspection of several other items every 3 months. I think this is not there in other cars. Kind of strange. Comments from owners?

Attachment 1361631

Attachment 1361632

This is True for owners of the 3rd Gen and prior. Somehow Honda was following this logic, probably playing safer for giving reliable cars or making money through dealerships. Can't say. With the likes of VW & Skoda & Fiat coming up with once a year Servicing, Honda must have had to think about it once again. So now since the launch of Amaze and Honda City, all cars are being subjected to Servicing every six months instead of 3 months.

In fact, there are some changes in the Service interval of some parts too. The Air Filter replacement as per Manual for 4th Gen City (Petrol) is 18 months & for a 3rd Gen City is 12 months. It's still 12 months for a Diesel Honda City. I have no idea why!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbiju (Post 3688054)
Recently while discussing cars with two of my colleagues, I was surprised to learn that they have to take their Honda City to the service center every three months.

Hey,

I have the 3rd generation Honda City and here are a few snaps from the warranty booklet-

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-anhc.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-anhc1.jpg

For my 3 free services I visited Magnum Honda, Kanakpura Road. Their service was pathetic to say the least and the service adviser I had did not know about this point of 3 month check up. When I asked him if I had to come every three months after the free services were over for those check ups, he said, "Really! Show me where it is given as 3 months we need to inspect the brake lines and all. I did not know about this." Yes this is the state of affairs in or was the state of affairs in Magnum Honda. I checked up with a few other SA's over there and all of their replies was the same :Frustrati . Hence I shifted to Inspire Honda, Mysore ( I visit Mysore very often as parents live there). At Inspire Honda as I have seen the SA's know about this 3 month check up and also write the next service date 3 months later ( from the date of service done) on the sticker that they paste. They also call after every 3 months. When I asked the SA at Inspire Honda he told it should be checked and it is recommended to get the check up done in 3 months. But since I will have to drive a good 300 kilometers just for these 2 things to be inspected they tell it is fine and I can avoid it and get it done in the 6 month service. My car runs 5K kilometers a year but the service manual states oil change after 6 months or 5K kilometer whichever earlier. Hence I have to get the engine oil changed every 6 months else it would void my warranty ( ended this March). But NO I do NOT visit the service center every 3 months and many of my friends who do own the City do not take their cars every 3 months.

The sticker (last service done in October)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-anhc3.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3654999)
I had booked a Golden Brown CVT (VX) back in August with Apex Honda (Santacruz). It has been 7 months now and I am still not being given any clarity on the delivery. Patience has worn thin now. So need to escalate to Honda India. Can someone please help me with the relevant email ID of Honda India. I couldn't find one on their website.

Thanks in advance.

Finally received my City after a 8 months wait (Booked on August 4, 14, received on April 12, 2015). Thanks MMX for the help with email IDs.

A note to fellow bhpians who may have been in the same boat as me - please escalate if your car is taking too long to deliver. Even the sales person at Apex Honda agreed with me that had I not raised a ruckus, my car would still not have been delivered.

Again, for the benefit of fellow bhpians, once I lodged a complain with Honda, within a period of 4 days, a car was allotted to me. The CEO of Apex Honda called me and said he would personally look into the matter. There were indeed a few glitches thereafter, but at least the car was allotted and I could get it within a month of lodging the complaint.

Happy with the car so far. Big upgrade for me, as I used to drive Spark - a small, utilatarian vehicle. Compared to it, City is huge and full of features. Add to it is the pleasure of driving an automatic in Mumbai city traffic. So far so good. Haven't experienced any of the niggles in the one week of owning the car so far (already driven close to 500 kms). But through Team-BHP I am aware of the typical niggles that have been reported in this car and so have kept my eyes and ears open, for any.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3689654)
Finally received my City after a 8 months wait But through Team-BHP I am aware of the typical niggles that have been reported in this car and so have kept my eyes and ears open, for any.

Congratulations on your new City. It's definitely one of the best C segment sedans in the market. period.

Waiting for 8 long months to get your car! That's some patience you have. Personally I had to wait for exactly 3 months and I thought it was too long for a car of this segment. Past is past..enjoy your drive. One advice though. Since you've got a petrol and guessing that your running will be more than 1000kms per month, think about upgrading your tyres. This will make your drive a whole lot better. Here is a thread for your reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...upgrade-4.html

Quote:

Finally received my City after a 8 months wait (Booked on August 4, 14, received on April 12, 2015).
Thanks.

Congratulations! That was a long wait. Never knew in Mumbai one has to wait that long, as allocations to Mumbai dealers would be quicker one would think.

Do post pictures of your new ride!

Thanks Carpainter.

I was told 6 months wait when I booked the car. Thereafter, I was told that the wait was going to be longer because (i) Mumbai city (ii) VX variant (iii) Automatic. Also, I wasn't flexible on the colour - I wanted only Golden Brown. I also didn't have parking for two cars when I booked and so I was also Ok to wait till I solved the parking issue. But patience starting wearing thin after 6 months and I escalated matters.

I am a very sedate driver. You will rarely find me going above 80kmph even on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Car will be 99% used in the city: Home->Office->Home commute. Running is likely to be less than 7-800 kms a month.

I had gone through Team Bhp threads thoroughly while I waited for the delivery of the car. Gave a lot of thought to tyres upgrade. Eventually decided against it. Given my driving style and requirements, I have chosen to wait out till the stock tyres need replacement after a few years. Was hoping for Michelin tyres (was hoping that given I have a top-end VX automatic, I may get Michelin). Didn't get Michelin but the second best Bridgestones. So hopefully, can do without tyre upgrade for the time being.

Opted for 4 years extended warranty. Also opted for RSA and Honda Assure (Bajaj Allianz). So far, no additional accessories fitted in the car. Only the 3M beige carpet mats (cost of c.5k).

Quote:

Finally received my City after a 8 months wait (Booked on August 4, 14, received on April 12, 2015). Thanks MMX for the help with email IDs.

Congrats on your new possession. No doubts its the king of sedans in this class and trust me, you won't regret your decision to buy one. Though the new city initially came with lot of controversy about build quality and niggles, but off late the posts from fellow bhpians seems to prove one fact - Honda seems to acknowledge feedback from its customers and have sorted out most of the problems. The initial lot did have comparatively more issues but that may have been due to the plant shifting etc. But one must acknowledge the fact that major problems like low ground clearance have been well sorted out in the new gen city. With almost 4000 kms on the odo and my track of 15 kms from home > office n back, there has not been a single occasion where it has bottomed out. So happy n safe mile munching.....:thumbs up

Quote:

Finally received my City after a 8 months wait (Booked on August 4, 14, received on April 12, 2015). Thanks MMX for the help with email IDs.Thanks.

Hi Keviv,

Firstly Congratulations on receiving your amazing ride. You'll Love it!!!!

I'm so glad that you got the process fast tracked after mailing Honda India Car care. Though I fail to understand why this would be necessary for patient Honda enthusiasts like us. I mean after receiving the complaint the car was allotted to you and me both, this just shows that a car was available then why wasn't this kind of urgency shown a few months ago.

I do understand that you were not too keen to get the car sooner because of parking issues, currently I'm parking my car at my In-law's place all week as they have an extra covered car park, I get my car to drive only over the weekends as otherwise the car would be covered with bird poop and leaves and tree sap. The children in our society are on vacation and love to use the parked cars as cushions to stop while learning skating and Skateboarding.

I really like the Golden Brown Metallic color of the Honda City and enjoy washing it sparkling clean on the weekends. I always gather curious onlookers and a lot of compliments for the shade and choice of Car Company.

Anyway...enjoy the Miles and keep the posts coming in....

I have taken delivery of my VMT Petrol recently. At the time of delivery, the SA did not hand-over the extra stock head-lamp bulbs. Next day when I checked with him, he said HONDA CITY nowadays don't give this. Not believing him, I called up HONDA customer care and got the confirmation that it is indeed so. Somewhere in this thread I remember some member wrote about getting spare bulb of different brand (OSRAM or something) that what the stock bulb is.

Can someone confirm that Spare Bulbs are not provided anymore from Honda?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srameshdelhi (Post 3691554)

Can someone confirm that Spare Bulbs are not provided anymore from Honda?

I didn't get spare bulbs either when I took delivery of the City