Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 11:20   #3901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Hydro static Lock Coverage (Optional) : 1195

... whether to go for the hydro static lock coverage considering the monsoons nearing.
The additional cost seems to be marginal, I've opted for the same during the renewal.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:21   #3902
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Maybe this is slightly off topic

I am thinking to buy a Hydraulic Bottle Jack for the car as I did not like the one provided. (Faced a puncture recently and really struggled with what is provided.)

Checked on ebay.in and found the following: URL

Looking for advice from people who may have already purchased something like this. Is this worth it? Recommendations welcome.
Old 16th May 2015, 18:39   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

I am thinking to buy a Hydraulic Bottle Jack for the car as I did not like the one provided. (Faced a puncture recently and really struggled with what is provided.)

Looking for advice from people who may have already purchased something like this. Is this worth it? Recommendations welcome.
Hi Srivatsa, I went ahead and bought a hydraulic jack last year before embarking on a longish trip Uttaranchal. I am used to the convenience of a hydraulic jack while I drove my Toyota LC Prado and was quite frustrated when I had to use the manual jack on my small car which prompted me to go for a change. I would highly recommend a hydraulic jack for its ease of use and convenience.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 18:53   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking to buy a Hydraulic Bottle Jack for the car as I did not like the one provided.
You might be interested in following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-pump-32.html
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 13:29   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Bought new Honda City: Shell petrol? Breaking-in the engine?

So, our SX4 got replaced by a Honda City. Question: is it ok/advisable to use Shell fuel for the vehicle? Or normal petrol is alright?

Also, with these Honda engines, does it make sense to drive sedately till the 1000 km service? As in no high speed or high RPM drives?

P.S. After driving the City for a while, when I got back to my Fortuner, for the first 5 minutes I felt that I was driving a truck . Steering was heavier (the way I like it), braking was spongy, though acceleration was better (3.0 D4D midrange grunt).

Last edited by nilanjanray : 17th May 2015 at 13:32.
Old 17th May 2015, 19:42   #3906
BHPian

Re: Bought new Honda City: Shell petrol? Breaking-in the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
So, our SX4 got replaced by a Honda City. Question: is it ok/advisable to use Shell fuel for the vehicle? Or normal petrol is alright?

Also, with these Honda engines, does it make sense to drive sedately till the 1000 km service? As in no high speed or high RPM drives?

P.S. After driving the City for a while, when I got back to my Fortuner, for the first 5 minutes I felt that I was driving a truck . Steering was heavier (the way I like it), braking was spongy, though acceleration was better (3.0 D4D midrange grunt).
Mumbai does not have any Shell Petrol Pumps (Not that I can remember off). All the Mumbai guys are running the vehicle on normal petrol. Just pick a good quality Petrol Pump and try sticking to it as much as possible. Shouldn't be a problem.

Well why swim against the tide of running in the engine! You have the tried and tested method of properly running in a new engine. Stick to it and you will see the rewards later. Completed 13.5K in my City. It's performing great.
Old 19th May 2015, 02:35   #3907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Congratulations. Honda considers every 20K service major and below is what will be carried out. Apart from this add 1K for wheel alignment & balancing if doing it at Honda.
Attachment 1337355
Your total for 1st paid service came to Rs 6429, I guess your's is a Petrol version. If so then the difference in 1st paid service cost is about 2.5 K between Petrol and Diesel versions.

Got the 1st year paid 20K KM servicing done (City Diesel)

The cost breakup is as follows: Total 9K after tax.
20K paid service - Labour (Rs 2550)
Washer Plug drain (21)
Oil Filter cartridge (393)
Air Filter (294)
Fuel Filter (1314)
Engine oil (2219)
Windscreen flukd (49)
AC air filter (856)
Wheel alignment and Balancing (1K)

They have fixed the minor rattling noise heard near the AC sensor around the mid windscreen vents in the middle.
Turned out to be a loose piece of plastic tapping on the windshield

Last edited by for_cars1 : 19th May 2015 at 02:42.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:40   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Your total for 1st paid service came to Rs 6429, I guess your's is a Petrol version. If so then the difference in 1st paid service cost is about 2.5 K between Petrol and Diesel versions.

Got the 1st year paid 20K KM servicing done (City Diesel)

The cost breakup is as follows: Total 9K after tax.
20K paid service - Labour (Rs 2550)
Washer Plug drain (21)
Oil Filter cartridge (393)
Air Filter (294)
Fuel Filter (1314)
Engine oil (2219)
Windscreen flukd (49)
AC air filter (856)
Wheel alignment and Balancing (1K)

They have fixed the minor rattling noise heard near the AC sensor around the mid windscreen vents in the middle.
You probably did not need replacing of the AC air filter. I don't think this is part of the service schedule. The wheel alignment and balancing cost appear to be on the higher side. These are usually better done outside the service center.
Old 19th May 2015, 09:29   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
The first paid Service cost for a Petrol can go as low as 4200 Rs. I paid Rs. 4500 for the 1st Paid Service of my Petrol. I did the Wheel Alignment and balancing from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
You probably did not need replacing of the AC air filter. I don't think this is part of the service schedule. The wheel alignment and balancing cost appear to be on the higher side. These are usually better done outside the service center.
With regards to the AC Air Filter (Guessing its the same as Dust & Pollen Filter), the Owner's Manual indicates Replacement every 12 Months / 20K Kms.

For Fuel Filter, its a little surprising. For the Diesel its 12 Months / 20K Kms and for the Petrol its 18 Months / 30K Kms. Don't know why.
Old 19th May 2015, 10:24   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
Your total for 1st paid service came to Rs 6429, I guess your's is a Petrol version.
Nopes. Mine is Diesel . Details here

Quote:
Had the same noise from center of dashboard in my car. Was finally fixed by applying 3M double side tape on the plastic part outside the windscreen (plastic panel where the wiper/washer nozzle is attached)
Old 19th May 2015, 10:51   #3911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
...probably did not need replacing of the AC air filter.....wheel alignment and balancing cost appear to be on the higher side.
I opened the AC air filter panel from under the dashboard and found it to be very dirty after about 9 months. Also the AC performance was not to the mark. I was waiting to change this desperately.
After changing this filter, I'm finding an improvement in the AC vent air flow and much better (effortless) cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I paid Rs. 4500 for the 1st Paid Service of my Petrol. I did the Wheel Alignment and balancing from outside.
Wow, that is significantly less than the servicing the Diesel. I'll keep in mind to do the rotation/balancing part from outside next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
With regards to the AC Air Filter (Guessing its the same as Dust & Pollen Filter), the Owner's Manual indicates Replacement every 12 Months / 20K Kms.
For our dusty conditions, it appears to be the right schedule. Its a bit expensive given that its just a paper filter.

The service adviser mentioned that while driving in the city traffic, it is better to set the air flow in recirculation mode and on Highways drives or during rains only, its better to set the air flow in fresh air mode.

However I find the above suggestion impractical to implement, I always set the air flow to fresh air mode when driving without AC and when i set it to auto-AC, I set it to recirculation usually. I'm continuing to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Nopes. Mine is Diesel [/url]
Wow! thats significantly less cost you have incurred there for a Diesel!
For most users, running 10 thousand km in six months and 20 K km in a year might seem to be a bit far fetched.
For instance mine crossed only 16 K km, yet i gave it for the first 20K service.

I believe six month service interval is a bit too early (if we don't manage to cover 10k Km in 6 months). I plan to wait for 10k more km to be covered before giving it for the next service.

Would there be any impact on warranty (in Honda's case) if we delay the service by 2 to 3 months and wait for 10K km to be run before giving it for the next service ?
I've done this in my previous car, I used to visit the service center only once a year! (during most of the 12 years of ownership)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 19th May 2015 at 11:03.
Old 19th May 2015, 15:33   #3912
BHPian

The engine oil deteriorates with time, whether your car is standing still or being used, so it's a good idea to follow the service schedule. The schedule for my earlier Qualis was 3 months/5000kms and I never was able to meet the kms but still, never failed to miss the 3 month deadline. I do the same with my present Ford Classic (6months/10000 km)
Old 19th May 2015, 15:46   #3913
BHPian

Quote:

Srivatsa, you could also take a look at www.emporisautotech.co.in. They offer a mororised jack, impact wrench for the nuts and an air compressor for the tyres.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:02   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
For most users, running 10 thousand km in six months and 20 K km in a year might seem to be a bit far fetched.
That is Honda for you. Beat this, the earlier gen honda city had a service interval of 5K/3 months .

Quote:
I believe six month service interval is a bit too early (if we don't manage to cover 10k Km in 6 months). I plan to wait for 10k more km to be covered before giving it for the next service.

Would there be any impact on warranty (in Honda's case) if we delay the service by 2 to 3 months and wait for 10K km to be run before giving it for the next service ?
Don't do this with Honda and stick to the 10K/6 months interval with Honda if you want the warranty to be intact. Once the warranty is over you can do the 10K/once a year interval.

Last edited by malgudi : 19th May 2015 at 16:03.
Old 19th May 2015, 18:35   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
My new Petrol VMT also has rear bumper loosely fitted in RH side. I pointed out that while taking delivery. They offered to open the bumper and refix it. I declined as I did not want a brand new car getting in the hand of mechanic before delivery, and also the issue was minor. They have showed me that in most of the car this problem exists. Will have to attend to this in first service which is due in 10 days.
Got my first service done. "Rear Bumper projecting out" near joining lines are not solved. Spoke to SA. They say this problem exists in all cars supplied recently and it has been taken up at HONDA level. No solutions yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks