Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 19:20   #3916
Geo
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

My Honda city is approach its one year anniversary. Got a call from the dealer to renew insurance. I had taken bumper to bumper insurance for the first year from the dealer. Should I be continuing that, or are there cost effective options which give the same cover?
Old 19th May 2015, 19:36   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
My Honda city is approach its one year anniversary. Got a call from the dealer to renew insurance. I had taken bumper to bumper insurance for the first year from the dealer. Should I be continuing that, or are there cost effective options which give the same cover?
In standard comprehensive cover, when you file a claim, your car insurer will employ a rather complex formula to ascertain the amount payable. This formula factors in depreciation, leaving you to pay a hefty fraction of the overall costs.

As the term implies, zero depreciation cover promises comprehensive coverage without factoring in for depreciation. If your car is damaged following a collision, for instance, and you file a claim, the insurer will cover the entire cost.

Clearly, the zero depreciation rider has its advantages over standard coverage. But every good thing has its costs. To begin with, a policy that offers zero depreciation will cost more—close to 20 percent more—than your standard no-frills policy. This means that you are paying a substantially higher premium to ensure not having to chip in during claim settlement in the future. In other words, you are already paying towards those future costs. To customers seeking affordable insurance, this could be a deal breaker. On the other hand, the prospect of zero depreciation will attract customers who do not mind the higher annual rates because it promises peace of mind. A zero depreciation cover may also limit the number of claims that you can make annually. This is necessary because customers might otherwise file claims for every little dent, simply because they do not have to foot any of the costs. In the world of health insurance, insurers introduce co-pay for the same reason: to ensure that their customers do not go overboard in filing claims. Furthermore, the zero depreciation rider applies only to new cars, with the age limit being three years. If your vehicle is older, it is not eligible for this benefit. Moreover, it may not be cost-efficient to shell out higher premiums on a five-year-old vehicle.

*quoting Deepak Yohannan
Old 20th May 2015, 13:54   #3918
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The additional cost seems to be marginal, I've opted for the same during the renewal.
I'm opting for the same too. In fact, I got confirmation that it is not just for Hydrostatic Lock issue. This extra premium is an add-on engine cover. Policy covers for Engine Oil leakage and other engine issues as well.

The total premium now will be 33177. I have opted for Honda Assure - Bajaj Allianz. The current policy is Honda Assure - Royal Sundaram, no problems with this but Insurance Adviser said that Bajaj Allianz has the best customer feedback in Trivandrum.

As per my request, Insurance adviser tried to give a discount on the premium but that would be possible only if IDV is reduced for Honda Assure policies. The current IDV is 8.8 lakhs and if the IDV is reduced to 8 lakhs, the premium amount would be 3000 less. I felt not to take that risk so opted for the normal one.
Old 20th May 2015, 14:19   #3919
BHPian

Took delivery of our Urban Titanium -V-MT- ivtec on 17th May. It's an April 2015 manufactured vehicle.

Feels so good to drive, considering that we are upgrading from an Alto VX 1.1 without power steering

Can anyone suggest a good accessory shop in Cochin to get seat covers and floor mats for our car?
Old 20th May 2015, 20:50   #3920
BHPian

Hi Everybody!

This is my first post on this wonderful forum. I have been a regular visitor to Team-BHP over the last four years and have been following this thread religiously. My wife and I have decided to go for a City after looking at several cars ranging from Grand i10 to Amaze. None of these clicked. Our budget was ~ 8L but we decided to extend it a bit and go for the City EMT petrol. There are a few things I would like advice on,

1. What can be negotiated with the dealers, given that there are absolutely no discounts? I was thinking on the lines of free painting of door handles and ORVMs.

2. Should I negotiate before booking or after booking?

3. What are the expected delivery timelines on the EMT petrol in Mumbai - most of the dealers are talking about 2 - 4 months.

Thanks in advance - pardon me if these appear to be newbie questions!
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:13   #3921
BHPian

A colleague of mine took a City for a TD today.

SA who came for the TD confirmed that there is still a MINIMUM 2 month waiting period for ANY variant.

Considering the 4th gen city was launched back in 2013, a 2 month waiting period is just ridiculous. I can't accept it, and neither did my colleague.

It's just unbelievable that people are willing to wait 2 months for a mass produced product, that comes off in hordes from an assembly line!

Not just the City, there is a waiting period for the Brio AT as well! It's just nuts!

My colleague was so pissed off with this B.S, he has scheduled a TD for a Verna tomorrow

If Hyundai can deliver soon, then its gonna be a done deal.

Wake up Honda!
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:30   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
A colleague of mine took a City for a TD today.

SA who came for the TD confirmed that there is still a MINIMUM 2 month waiting period for ANY variant.

Considering the 4th gen city was launched back in 2013, a 2 month waiting period is just ridiculous. I can't accept it, and neither did my colleague.

It's just unbelievable that people are willing to wait 2 months for a mass produced product, that comes off in hordes from an assembly line!

Wake up Honda!
My father in law has been told to wait 90 days for the City AT in golden brown metallic at Sundaram ! He is patiently doing so.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:04   #3923
Senior - BHPian

The newly purchased City is giving 10kmpl in the city (no pun intended). Is this normal in the first few hundred kms? Or too low?
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:18   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
The newly purchased City is giving 10kmpl in the city (no pun intended). Is this normal in the first few hundred kms? Or too low?

I own a VMT Diesel and I am getting 21.6 km/l (trip meter reads approx. 8000 km). While for initial 15000 km, I got a mileage of 21.8 km/l. Even in bumper to bumper traffic, I have never touched below 19 km/l to the best of my memory.

Do you own a Petrol or Diesel model?
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:23   #3925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsav1303 View Post
Do you own a Petrol or Diesel model?
He might also be referring to the AT petrol version. Is that the case Nilanjan? If thats the case, I thinks the average for bumper to bumper traffic FE. Slowly it can up may be at best to 14 I guess (purely talking about AT versions that my friends have owned).
Old 22nd May 2015, 22:01   #3926
BHPian

Quote:
I too got about the same figure for the first 800-odd kilometers in Bangalore. My standard drive during those times were 14 kilometers on a weekday in moderate traffic, less than half of that distance was done in 4th gear. Have no worries, it will improve.

But then this Honda is not something meant for regular use in a city (no pun intended). You will have to prepare yourself to live with 11 - 12 kmpl of Bangalore mileage. If you can sustain speeds of more than 70-80 then the economy changes and you can get upwards of 15 kmpl.
Old 22nd May 2015, 22:14   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
He might also be referring to the AT petrol version. Is that the case Nilanjan? If thats the case, I thinks the average for bumper to bumper traffic FE. Slowly it can up may be at best to 14 I guess (purely talking about AT versions that my friends have owned).
This is MT petrol. My wife's car.
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:07   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like we are in the same boat. I did 500 km on my 1 mth old city mt. And the trip meter shows 10 k/l. 1 st service done, even though i put few miles on odo due to summer vacations etc. I thought it will go up after 1st service, but SA at Whitefield honda said it will improve only after 1st engine oil change around 3rd service.
Old 24th May 2015, 10:30   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
Can anyone suggest a good accessory shop in Cochin to get seat covers and floor mats for our car?
Try Rightfit seat covers or wellfit - I believe they have put up their websites. Try googling.
Old 24th May 2015, 18:34   #3930
BHPian

Done the 12th month scheduled service with ODO at 11,651 kms. Here is the break up and cost including taxes:

Medium Paid Service Labor Charge : 1179.98
Engine Oil (Non Synthetic) : 1298.91
Oil Filter Cartridge : 148.85
Washer Plug Drain : 20.84
General Repair : 898.88
Dust and Pollen Filter : 856
Windscreen Fluid : 49.46
Total : 4452.73 rounded off to 4453.00

Service Adviser said Dust and Pollen Filter needs to be cleaned only and not necessary to replace. However, I insisted on replacing and was replaced. Thought to go with what Honda mentioned in the manual.

Car is performing great and day by day I'm getting excited to drive. FE displayed immediately on the MID after service cruised to 14 (on a congested highway) and settled down at 11.3 after bumper to bumper and parking towards the end.

Sorry guys, I forgot to ask what they did to reduce the sound in my car. Whoever had asked me about this, I will let know soon. FYI - The car is still riding much much silent than before. At speeds above 40 the engine sound is barely heard.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 24th May 2015 at 18:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks