Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-265.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 (Post 3725327)
Saw this modification few days back (apologies for poor quality of pics). Had to get my car closer to ensure it's an ANHC.

Attachment 1379616

The indicator lights were even prettier below the red beams, couldn't click a pic though.

Attachment 1379617

They look smashingly good in person. Available for 13K in Delhi. I thought of going for it but the issue is by chance someone broke any the replacement will be in pair only which means another 13 K expense ( and Delhi bikers are notorious to break tail lamps as I have experienced). Just cos of this reason I am not going for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3725434)
They look smashingly good in person. Available for 13K in Delhi. I thought of going for it but the issue is by chance someone broke any the replacement will be in pair only which means another 13 K expense ( and Delhi bikers are notorious to break tail lamps as I have experienced). Just cos of this reason I am not going for them.

Fair reason. Though the desire is too much to control.
Moreover, not sure about warranty aspects.

Quote:

Saw this modification few days back (apologies for poor quality of pics). Had to get my car closer to ensure it's an ANHC.

Attachment 1379616

The indicator lights were even prettier below the red beams, couldn't click a pic though.

Attachment 1379617

Lots of City owners in Thailand have added these taillights and they smashing indeed. For once its a mod job that doesn't look cheap or aftermarket.
I think Honda would do well to design similar ones for the city facelift due in 2016/17. The graphics would have to be more Honda like and not a copy of BMW as is the case with the ones in the picture.

Quote:

Posted earlier in the thread by GTO, and clarified by Sankar & StrangeWizard in subsequent posts as an aftermarket fitment.

(LINK)

I wonder if it's the same car!

I did a car detailing at Travancore Auto Spa, Trivandrum. The car is protected with GTechniq ceramic coating with 3 years of guarantee. It is topped with a Hydrophobic top layer including all the glasses. The car is silky smooth to touch now and the water droplets now appear like diamonds on it :). Posting a few pictures taken at Travancore Auto Spa (TAS).

Below is the description given by TAS:

Honda City protected with hard ceramic layer, 3+ years durability, topped with super Hydrophobic top layer.

* 3+ years of durability
* Superb gloss, unparalleled water and dirt repellent
* Excellent swirl mark resistance
* Chemical resistant
* Protect your paint finish from the environmental hazards like acid rain, bird drop, oxidation etc
* Easy cleaning / Self cleaning ability

All Glass parts are polished and protected with Hydrophobic nano coating, offer the very best dirt and water repellency on treated surfaces leaving them cleaner for longer.

I'm very much satisfied with this work. Car made brand new again after 1 year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3726029)

Honda City protected with hard ceramic layer, 3+ years durability, topped with super Hydrophobic top layer.

I'm very much satisfied with this work. Car made brand new again after 1 year.

The car looks great as new Adarsh. What is the damage to the purse?

Is it available in Chennai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 3726294)
The car looks great as new Adarsh. What is the damage to the purse?

Is it available in Chennai?

22,000 bucks debited from account for this. Considering 3 years guarantee about 611 rupees per month :). There are other cheaper good options available as well.

Definitely paint protection treatment should be available in Metro cities. There are many kinds of treatments available like Cquartz, Gyeon Basic and Advanced, Opticoat, GTechniq etc.

Choose one which suits your budget and preferences. However, my suggestion is to do only after an year. In the 1st year a good coating of wax should be sufficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3720227)
If you can stay away from all the scams of the ASC, like get the Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing Done, Throttle Body Cleaning and stuff like that, it should cost you somewhere between 5 & 6K for the Diesel City. For Petrol City it's around 4.5K.

Apologies if I'm reading your comment incorrectly. Wouldn't wheel alignment and balancing and tire rotation be a requirement every 10k service period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 3726883)
Apologies if I'm reading your comment incorrectly. Wouldn't wheel alignment and balancing and tire rotation be a requirement every 10k service period?

Sorry for the confusion. My point was get the Wheel Alignment and Balancing done from outside (A reputed tyre-shop) instead of getting it done from the ASC. The ASC charge a bomb for these things which can be done at a much cheaper cost outside.

Tire Rotation is already included in the Servicing by the ASC. Even if you dont get the wheel alignment & balancing done, the ASC have to do the Tire Rotation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3726915)
Tire Rotation is already included in the Servicing by the ASC. Even if you dont get the wheel alignment & balancing done, the ASC have to do the Tire Rotation.

Most ASC insist on wheel balancing as a prerequisite to tire rotation. Wonder if that is just a scam or if tires will behave differently if rotated if they are not balanced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 3726987)
Most ASC insist on wheel balancing as a prerequisite to tire rotation. Wonder if that is just a scam or if tires will behave differently if rotated if they are not balanced.

Not necessarily. Tire Rotation is done every 10K Kms / 6 Month Service. During my 3rd Free Service (10K Kms / 6 Month Service) , the tire rotation was done but they did not ask me wheel alignment and balancing since I had done only about 4600 Kms running. I neared 10K Kms somewhere near the 9th month of Ownership and hence decided to get it done from Outside rather than just go for Wheel Alignment & Balancing from the ASC.

Hey Everyone !!
ODO is at 32000kms and the stock Goodyear GT3s are about to be changed. Although they have threads left for another 5,000kms - 10,000kms; they are not grippy at all. in loose stones, mud, rain, etc there is no grip. In rain, the car doesn't slow down enough at all and at times the wheels lock.
In the locality where I stay Bridgestone tyres are recommended by everyone. The thing is he (and everyone else ) recommends the Potenza G IIIs [I am upgrading to 195/60 R15]. Is it okay to go for an old model? Haven't upgraded till now because, currently the Bridgestone outlet is out of stock of GIIIs.
He has a new tyre Bridgestone Turnaza t001 195/65 R15 but its a new tyre and not much reviews are there with it. Also I am not sure about the wheel wells touching.
I was tempted to go for 205/60 R15 upsize done by BHPian ShreyasJain on the stock alloys (GC increase of 10mm sounds so tempting), but they only had Bridgestone MY-02 in that size, and those are costly. It feels better to go for Michellins at that price point.
The reason for not looking at Michellins : I drive some rough roads and I am not sure but the Michellin's puncture resistance. Still I am planning to go for Michellins (Most probably XM2 195/60 R15) after the Bridgestone set or if Bridgestone is unable to get the GIIIs.
About Apollo and MRF. They said they have good tyres, but they both went like Bridgestone GIIIs are the best.

Other issues (most seen after crossing 30,000kms mark)
- Alternator grinding noise (detailed below)
- Gear box metallic chunking sound. Its heard only in the 1st gear and 2nd gear area, not heard when upshifting to 3rd or 4th but heard when downshifting to 2nd or 1st. Also at times, the gear box is rough in the 1st and 2nd plane.
- Car jerks when taking humps at times (feels like the car coughing), seen usually in highway drives or when driving fast. I think this is a problem with me. Usually in highways we shift fast and let go of the clutch faster in higher gears. i think once i slow down near a hump and shift it to first; I must be taking off the foot too fast from the clutch.
- Engine sounds LOUD. I took it as a problem to the ASC for the 2nd paid service, they said its normal and that its because I have clocked more kilometers. I heard the Engine of a 2007 Civic recently and it was louder (run about 75,000kms), so I am at a doubt at what's wrong. is it normal or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3716448)
Replaced the stock wipers with Bosch Clear Advantage Wipers (24 inch and 14 inch) for an amount of 890. Excellent wipers, no noise and smooth cleaning without any vibration. No streaks except in the top most edge of the long wiper which is normal. Had this for the stock wipers as well initially which faded off by use.

Including this the 12 month scheduled service cost can be taken as 4453 + 890 = 5343.

The total service cost after completing 1 year on my VX CVT is as follows:

6 month scheduled service : 1519
12 month scheduled service : 5343

Total : 6862

I recently changed my wipers for the city (around 2 weeks back). The sizes were 26 inches and 14 inches. They didn't have 14 inches in stock (They claimed it is not manufactured.) so i went for 16 inches and 26 inches. Its the Bosch Clear Advantage (I think; in local language they use terms like rubber blades)
Cost: Rs. 950.00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3717234)
Mods, please excuse for the back-to-back post. The Edit option for the earlier post was gone already.

LATEST Update on Alternator Belt Grinding Noise

I will keep this post very short. If anyone wants to know the details of the horrible experience of repeated trips to the ASC, please visit the link below and read post 32 & 35.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3717227

ASC did the following during their process of rectification of the Problem:
  1. Clean Drive Belt and Lubricate Idler Pulley and Refit.
  2. Replace Drive Belt & Idler Pulley
  3. Removal and Refitment of Alternator and Crank Pulley
  4. Replacement of the Alternator under Warranty.
Post the 4th Sr. no. there is no noise coming from the Alternator Area.

P.S.: All the above were done on seperate visits and I had to bear the burden of taking the car to ASC and bringing it back everytime.:Frustrati

Thanks for the information.
Its honestly a headache to clear warranty problems with the Honda ASC. They take months to get spare parts.
I would like to ask whether the main headlights become dim when you operate the window power switches; when you reach the bottom and your still holding it or when its fully closed and you want to check if its fully closed and pull it (I hope it makes sense)
Its not only that which causes dimming of head lights, even pressing the brake pedal on unlit roads at night, i see the dimness (not hard braking, just the braking to reduce speed from 70kmph-60kmph). Also, sometimes when the AC compressor starts, there's a sudden dimness which comes, and after 15 seconds it's back to normal.
By chance is any of this signs of a weak battery?
I suspected the alternator problem in the beginning days i got the day, but the ASC told me its normal. I didn't hear any grinding noise or anything until a month back. Now I hear the noise (after crossing 30,000kms), it's very prominent whenever I start the car, thought out the day, but its negligible after long drives (more than 1-2 hours of driving).

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickACM (Post 3719300)
Mine is an iVtec CVT. Theoretically your explanation is bang on. But I never experienced this during the first 2000kms.

Till 1000kms- I used to feel that the car wants to roar but it is on a leash and was ready to live with it because of the fact that this is not the TSI-DSG combo
Post 1st service- Even though it's a generic service, felt as if the Car has been unleashed and I was pleasantly surprised to experience the difference in the pickup on D mode till 2500rpm. It was no less than the experience of a turbo.
In both the above stages, I have always had the AC set at a comfortable 24 degrees in Delhi heat periodically changing fan speed.

The last 700 kms have been pathetic. I did make some changes post 1800 kms

1. Changed tyres to 195/60- Yokohama Earth 1 with HRS Alloys and started filling Nitrogen at 32/30psi
2. Added a Bass Bin with an Amp under the passenger seat in front
3. Added 2 speakers on the B-Pillar
4. Changed the bulbs- inside and headlamps both. Added foot light and Changed the horn.

I don't know if its the tyre change that might have led to this drop in pickup but I don't see any other change as the root cause.

Also, I have noticed the Reading Lamp flickering when the door has been left open for more than 3 mins with the Bass set at full. Could this be because of a short circuit or an inadequate rating of the battery to support all the additions to my car

If you don't mind sharing; I would like to know a few things.
1. Which variant is yours?
2. How is the Yokohama Earth 1s?
3. Which amp and bass bin did you add; and damage to wallet?
4. By speakers on B-pillar, do you mean tweeters?

Okay, i guess that was too many questions.
The battery is inadequate and you do have a lot of power consuming stuff. I am pretty sure that the amp and bass bin takes a lot of power.
Try driving your car with the ICE and AC off; if it makes a difference in pick up; you will know the root cause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 3726987)

Just tell them you don't want it. I made the mistake recently, had done
Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment from the Honda ASC.
From my 2nd Paid service bill:

- Wheel Alignment – Rs. 533.71
- Wheel Balancing – Rs. 449.44
(20g – Rs. 250.76 {for 2 pieces}; the rest are for a piece each 40g – Rs 112.21; 30g – Rs 87.02; 15g – Rs. 51.52; 10g – Rs 37.78)
Each weight was charged extra. Total for Wheel balancing was Rs. 988.73
The prices are exclusive of service tax and VAT.
That made Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment around Rs. 1700.00. If done outside, you can do it within Rs. 500.00 for both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 3727261)
- Engine sounds LOUD. I took it as a problem to the ASC for the 2nd paid service, they said its normal and that its because I have clocked more kilometers. I heard the Engine of a 2007 Civic recently and it was louder (run about 75,000kms), so I am at a doubt at what's wrong. is it normal or not.

IMHO, the engine should settle down into a quieter note as the odometer clocks more mileage, as the various components move more smoothly against each other; unless, there is something specifically wrong with the engine, e.g. Alternator grinding noise in your case.

Dear BHP-ians ,

I sought an advice for an abrupt problem, I am facing pertaining to New Honda city. I own a SV diesel model , clocked over 41k Kms. Recently, for a past fortnight, the door beading which bind the door and the silhouette of seat angle is coming off..first it was the rear door behind the driver's. Then 2 days back, the whole beading of driver side door fell off, after i opened the door . Is it normal or does this incline towards the heat factor?

I reported this to service center guys while the car went for 40k Interval service, they said the clips which hol the beading with the door are the culprits but i did not buy that at all.. please suggest , if someone else is also going through the same pain

Appreciate a word of advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3726323)
22,000 bucks debited from account for this. Considering 3 years guarantee about 611 rupees per month :). There are other cheaper good options available as well.

That is a huge amount! But, yes, it shows that the treatment was effective.