Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-267.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 3732008)
Yes, it seems too early for a car battery to go kaput. I guess, low mileage on the odometer seems to be the cause. I have a 2012ANHC, driven for around 11k. It is now 2 years 7 monhs old, and no battery issues yet. I fear, if I too will witness the same fate soon.

My other car, IndicaV2 DLS (2001) runs a minimum 1500kms every month, since 2008. Believe it or not, the batteries (EXIDE) lasted for more than 5 years.

Well, I have had ANHC since December, 2009 and with 50k kms on the odometer, I am yet to replace the stock battery. Having said that, one fine day, the usual way the batteries die-out is exactly what happened to you. Normally, I keep asking the service advisor during each of my service visits to get the battery checked. I think thats the best one can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd (Post 3731993)
In my opinion, not touching the insurance would be wise for any claims less than INR 10k. You could get an NCB of 20% on Own Damage, which should be around INR 6-8k. See this link to understand the NCB:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...no-claim-bonus

Thanks Kalyan for replying. I took my car yesterday to Sundaram Honda, Secunderabad. The service advisor there had said that its enough to change the ORVM assembly though there is no damage to the mirror or its auto-fold/adjust functionality since it comes as a single part (MRP - 4700/-) that includes the black A-pillar casing (this was what was broken). He also suggested against covering this expense through insurance.

The body-coloured skull/ mirror cover comes as separate part. It had some minor scratches which were further minimized by some rubbing. Hence did not have to replace it. Got my car back in almost an hour and a half. Total repair cost - 4700 + 176 (for labour) = 4872/-.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockporiom (Post 3730872)
Hi guys

My SV CVT is giving some issues.

1) there is a strange humming noise coming from the wheel wells of the car. My car came with good year 175 tyres which I immediately changed to Yokohama C drive 195/60 R15. I can't say if the noise is due to the tyre change since I have no experience on the stock tyres. I don't think its the tyres since the ride quality is excellent no complaints.

2)there is a squealing noise coming from the brakes when applied.

3) the rear left door rattles

4) there is whinning or whistling noise coming from the engine bay. According to Tejas08 it looks like its the alternator grinding noise.

The humming noise comes from the tyres (I think), but it is not constant for me. It comes when I go over a patch of road that has some kind of lines or mildly rough patched tar.

The Left rear door is rattling for me too (SV-CVT), initially I thought it is from the rear parking sensor box in the boot, but on careful listening, it is coming from the left rear door.

There is also some springy vibrating sound that is intermittently coming while going over rough patches, seems to be coming from the underbody or seats (unable to determine).

Not getting time to visit the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditto (Post 3732142)

There is also some springy vibrating sound that is intermittently coming while going over rough patches, seems to be coming from the underbody or seats (unable to determine).

Not getting time to visit the dealer.

I had the same issue took them a month to diagnose and solve it. It looks like it was from the rear suspension. They tried to blame it on the tyre upsize to which both me and my dad laughed at themstupid:

They later solved it and the noise has not returned since touch wood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 3732008)
Yes, it seems too early for a car battery to go kaput. I guess, low mileage on the odometer seems to be the cause. I have a 2012ANHC, driven for around 11k. It is now 2 years 7 monhs old, and no battery issues yet. I fear, if I too will witness the same fate soon.

My other car, IndicaV2 DLS (2001) runs a minimum 1500kms every month, since 2008. Believe it or not, the batteries (EXIDE) lasted for more than 5 years.

@Kalyan_HYD
Good, please do make sure to check that the new battery is getting charged, that is when you know if there is fault with the alternator or the damper pulley/ belt which run the alternator.

Thanks both. Will ensure to get the alternator checked. However, I was told by the Amaron guy that stock local batteries, like SONIC in this case, usually lasts for around 2.5+- years. The branded ones like Amaron, Exide etc. lasts longer.

Dear Members,

My parking light bulb of NHC fused off and i ordered a pair from Amazon.in , PFB the link for the same,
http://www.amazon.in/Rudra-Automobil...ords=rudra+t10

However, they dint seem to be working. I looked for many options on different websites for the Parking bulb, but couldn't find any. Please assist with your valuable inputs on how to procure one, Would be excellent if it is with LED's or projector option!please:

New Honda City with slightly tweaked front grille and bumpers and a compeltely new rear lamps introduced in China.

Will this find its way to India.
I am still not a fan of the moustachioed grille though!!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondacityfrontatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg
Very Subtle changes here

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacitychinesespec.jpg
Check the brake lamps. Still believe the existing ones are better!! Chrome fascination continues to our neighbors as well!!

The front three quarters looks closely to the Jazz, but the rear???

What were they thinking?

Looks like a stupidly happy Amaze rear end. The lights are too big.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 3734493)
New Honda City with slightly tweaked front grille and bumpers and a compeltely new rear lamps introduced in China.

Check the brake lamps.

:Frustrati
The brake lamps are a sure shot City killer if they come to India. Heard of the phrase " Apne pair par kulhari marna". This will be "Apni gardan par kulhari marna" for Honda City if launched here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 3734493)

Will this find its way to India.
I am still not a fan of the moustachioed grille though!!

Attachment 1383555
Very Subtle changes here

Attachment 1383556
Check the brake lamps. Still believe the existing ones are better!! Chrome fascination continues to our neighbors as well!!

Please god tell me this is a nightmare and the above pictures are non-existent in real world. :Frustrati

Seems like China has a fascination for absurd designs. There is no way the Indian Car designers would come up with something like that. And if they do, RIP Honda City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3734696)
Please god tell me this is a nightmare and the above pictures are non-existent in real world. :Frustrati

Seems like China has a fascination for absurd designs. There is no way the Indian Car designers would come up with something like that. And if they do, RIP Honda City.

Yes, the rear part is a disaster :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3734696)

RIP? Honestly, no matter how hideous we think it is, I don't think this rear end is going to be a deal breaker for our mass market. In case we've forgotten, this is what our bestselling sedan looks like. :D

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2015marutidzirefacelift.jpg

Just came out of shock ... if something like this happens to my city, i will be doomed .. thank god i don't live in China :)

What were Honda designers thinking here? No way acceptable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 (Post 3736176)
Just came out of shock ... if something like this happens to my city, i will be doomed .. thank god i don't live in China :)

What were Honda designers thinking here? No way acceptable.

The Honda designers are all ex-Corolla Altis 2014 guys. After doing a hideous job on that, they were promoted, and soon joined Honda at a higher salary. Even if you do not like this new design (I frankly like the new Honda City's rear), that is a huge step up from the Altis design which has regressed from the plain yet elegant mid-2000 design.

Really urgent info that I seek for which I shall be eternally grateful.

I am close to buying either a City VX AT or Corolla V AT to replace my Etios VX. City VX has the advantage of being in my budget.

Today evening I got a TD of City SV AT when I came back from office and just after getting out of Etios VX (which I had taken to office for valuation).

All is fine with City but one thing struck me immediately on driving the City (note that I had driven the Etios just prior). The tyres seem to drag and somehow it felt like that something was missing in road grip/friction/drag (if you understand). The TD model was SV AT.

Has anyone noticed this or this missing in V AT (which I plan to buy). I have to make a commitment either way tomorrow (to buy City or not and put up the booking amount). Is this an issue or just my perception. Reading the review here could have biased me but it was perceptible to me. I am not a believer in tinkering with stock tyre config so it is the entire company package or none.