Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 15:15   #4156
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
There is a black plastic strip (molding between the dash and the speedo console) on top of speedometer. It is easily removable. once removed, you can insert a foam or a small paper to tighten it.
Ask the service centre guys to do it for you.

Its one of the major reasons for dashboard rattle in the new city.
Excellent advice. I will follow up with service centre fellows. Fingers crossed, this works. Will keep the group posted.

Btw has Honda stopped giving extra bulbs for headlamps assembly now? They are acquiring an image in the market quickly, and not a good one I am afraid.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 15:08   #4157
BHPian

Going through these threads, I am wondering if I've got lucky to have a niggle free City at my home!

3 months and 3500 KM on, there are no apparent niggles except for the standard ones, which are : Door Pads flex when the power windows are operated, Vehicle shudders a bit on engine startup and shutdown and accelerator pedal vibration when the horn is used.

The car is a V-ivtec. Any 2015 City owners can support that Honda has managed to troubleshoot most of the dreaded niggles and the ones remaining are only "design flaws dubbed as cost cutting?"
Old 24th August 2015, 16:28   #4158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
3 months and 3500 KM on, there are no apparent niggles except for the standard ones, which are : Door Pads flex when the power windows are operated, Vehicle shudders a bit on engine startup and shutdown and accelerator pedal vibration when the horn is used.
Though small, these should be got to the notice of Honda, India. After all Honda is a brand in itself and small niggles like these go a long way in customer perceptions.
Old 24th August 2015, 17:41   #4159
BHPian

Yes it's true that the Citys manufactured after September 2014 ie after shifting of the plant to Rajasthan are much more trouble free and the same has also been discussed and reconfirmed more than once in this thread. Seems Honda has taken its customer feedback seriously and majority of the problems including the grinding noise from engine bay have literally been sorted out. The niggles as we refer to them in the forums are actually teething in problems and common to any newly launched car. You will be surprised to know that cars in a much higher segment have just stalled for reasons unknown to the owner or air bags deployed on their own. However, the reporting of these faults go unnoticed due to the small volumes in which these cars sell. At least the so called niggles of the hugely popular and hot selling City are those which are repairable at the service centres and wont leave u scratching your head to find out the root cause. So just enjoy your ride.

Last edited by aviator1101 : 24th August 2015 at 17:46. Reason: Grammar
Old 25th August 2015, 21:52   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
You will be surprised to know that cars in a much higher segment have just stalled for reasons unknown to the owner or air bags deployed on their own. However, the reporting of these faults go unnoticed due to the small volumes in which these cars sell. At least the so called niggles of the hugely popular and hot selling City are those which are repairable at the service centres and wont leave u scratching your head to find out the root cause. So just enjoy your ride.
I agree. Recently I was talking to someone I know who purchased a brand new Mercedes A-Class. There was a small niggle like some sound coming. The person had to make 2 trips to the ASC before issue was detected & fixed.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:33   #4161
BHPian

Hi,

I have a V MT i-VTec (Nov 2014 manufactured) and I would like to know if any one has fitted baby/child car seats in this version of the City. Appreciate the procedure, if some one has. I'm assuming it should definitely be possible even though I have fitted artificial leather seats over the OEM fabric ones. I'm also not able to tell whether or not it has ISOFIX.

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2015, 14:23   #4162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
Any 2015 City owners can support that Honda has managed to troubleshoot most of the dreaded niggles and the ones remaining are only "design flaws dubbed as cost cutting?"
Naah. Let me assure you that isn't the case. In a July 2015 model, I have noted-
- rattling from dashboard;
- misting of headlamps; and
- seepage of water on the inside of the door (the portion which meets the car, when the door is shut).

Last Honda for me.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:58   #4163

Just test drove Jazz cvt now. Has nice comfortable suspension. Why can't City have the same suspension which is comfortable and balanced for both city and highways. Right now I feel my City's suspension to be more hard, robbing off the sedan comfort in city speeds
Old 1st September 2015, 17:45   #4164
BHPian

I completed the 20k paid service at ~17k KMs last week. So 17months and at 17k KMs, except for few minor niggles at the beginning of ownership, it has been a trouble free ride with excellent fuel efficiency. (mine is an iDTEC)

Also, while casually talking to Service Advisor at the Honda service center, he casually told me that City iDTEC cars with 1 Lakh KMs on the ODO have been serviced by him. While iVTEC is proven, seeing or hearing 1Lakh KM on iDTEC is assuring.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:49   #4165
BHPian

Very nice to hear this. There have been apprehensions about idtec and its aging. And such feedback is reassuring.
Old 1st September 2015, 23:03   #4166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I completed the 20k paid service at ~17k KMs last week. So 17months and at 17k KMs, except for few minor niggles at the beginning of ownership, it has been a trouble free ride with excellent fuel efficiency. (mine is an iDTEC)

Also, while casually talking to Service Advisor at the Honda service center, he casually told me that City iDTEC cars with 1 Lakh KMs on the ODO have been serviced by him. While iVTEC is proven, seeing or hearing 1Lakh KM on iDTEC is assuring.
I think he meant Amaze diesel which he has serviced for 1 lakh km. Because, City deliveries started in feb 2014 if i remember right. So, its been only 18 months and i don't think anyone has done 100000 km in this time period. It translates into 5555 km per month or nearly 200 km per day. Nope, can't be.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:21   #4167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I think he meant Amaze diesel which he has serviced for 1 lakh km. Because, City deliveries started in feb 2014 if i remember right. So, its been only 18 months and i don't think anyone has done 100000 km in this time period. It translates into 5555 km per month or nearly 200 km per day. Nope, can't be.
Honda Diesel engines are expected to have a long life due to the all aluminium construction be it Amaze or City. I don't think the Diesel owners need not worry about that part. The downside of all Aluminium construction is the noise.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:44   #4168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Honda Diesel engines are expected to have a long life due to the all aluminium construction be it Amaze or City. I don't think the Diesel owners need not worry about that part. The downside of all Aluminium construction is the noise.
The last thing you need to worry about its engine life. Internationally most manufacturers are moving towards Aluminum which is strong yet light.
However, reading some of the ownership threads, looks to me like Honda is moving away from quality. After all it is not the design but the poor quality check in their manufacturing plant which leaks such issues. IMO, such things are very easy to fix as it is mostly wrt to bringing discipline into the process. A good manager should fix this, hope they are on the way.
It will be sad for them to keep getting bad credits on the quality.
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:42   #4169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
He clearly told me it was a City and that particular car came every month for service.
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:17   #4170
Team-BHP Support

I see a lot of City's running as taxis so the amount of running is not a surprise at all.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed