Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 22:20   #4201
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi Guys,

A stupid question regarding the CVT version of Honda City. In the display behind the steering wheel (where you see speed etc), there is a scale showing fuel efficiency too (I know this because the units for the scale are km/l). Now while driving, the figure keeps fluctuating a lot between 0 and 30. How can we know what has been the mileage after we drive for a certain distance?
Old 12th September 2015, 23:24   #4202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Now while driving, the figure keeps fluctuating a lot between 0 and 30. How can we know what has been the mileage after we drive for a certain distance?
Hey, that graph that you see is instantaneous FE which ranges between 0 - 30 kmpl.

For the Average FE use the stalk to change the MID to get the Average FE.

Look at the image 3 & 4:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacity06.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 20:26   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What are Honda doing with the previous 3 set of horns that were pulled out of your vehicle?

What Maruti does is sends it back to the R&D (at least in my case where I have asked for a root cause to them) and gets it checked for what the fault be.

This is NOT good for Honda especially with their sole model that sells. They are stooping down to the limits just save money by cost cutting.
Even my horn has got bad. Just one year and things have started failing. Even the AC blower is not giving full gush of air once running on full RPM. Really this is my first Honda but really my Swift never showed such issues atleast for first 3 years.
Old 14th September 2015, 04:33   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Even the AC blower is not giving full gush of air once running on full RPM.
This happens if the AC pollen filter (located behind the glovebox) is clogged. You'll be surprised to see the amount of dust trapped in this filter that would have otherwise entered the cabin. Just take it out and clean it or better replace it if it is too dusty.

Changing the filter (after a year) improved the blower and AC effectiveness hugely in my case.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th September 2015 at 04:35.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 10:55   #4205
BHPian

K&N has released air filters for 2014 Honda City petrol engines. Below is the news link:

http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?id=5437

For my car, the air filter needs to be replaced during the next service due in November. What is the advice on K&N filters for Honda City? Should I go for it?
Old 15th September 2015, 09:53   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
K&N has released air filters for 2014 Honda City petrol engines. Below is the news link:

For my car, the air filter needs to be replaced during the next service due in November. What is the advice on K&N filters for Honda City? Should I go for it?
The Honda ASC does not allow any other filters than the ASC provided. I had spoken about this with Honda ASC here in Mumbai.

With regards to K&N filters, what I read over the Internet is that it needs to be changed every 10K Kms. (Not Sure if I am correct). The Honda OEM Filters are indicated in the manual to be changed only at 30K Kms / 18 Months. My 30K Kms service is due in this October. Most probably I will be sticking to the OEM filter.
tejas08 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 10:49   #4207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The Honda ASC does not allow any other filters than the ASC provided. I had spoken about this with Honda ASC here in Mumbai.

With regards to K&N filters, what I read over the Internet is that it needs to be changed every 10K Kms. (Not Sure if I am correct). The Honda OEM Filters are indicated in the manual to be changed only at 30K Kms / 18 Months. My 30K Kms service is due in this October. Most probably I will be sticking to the OEM filter.
K&N Filters are like lifetime filters:
"The replacement K&N reusable air filter for 2014 Honda City 1.5L petrol models is backed by a 10-year/million mile limited warranty (1.6 million kilometres). Replacement air filter 33-3030 is designed to provide increased performance, reusability, and long air filter service intervals without any need for modifications or tuning for the following Honda City models"

I had it on my earlier car - the Accent CRDi. Given that this is for the Petrol model - I cannot anyway go for it but will consider for sure if a Diesel one becomes available for the IDTEC.
Old 15th September 2015, 12:18   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
K&N Filters are like lifetime filters:
"The replacement K&N reusable air filter for 2014 Honda City 1.5L petrol models is backed by a 10-year/million mile limited warranty (1.6 million kilometres). Replacement air filter 33-3030 is designed to provide increased performance, reusability, and long air filter service intervals without any need for modifications or tuning for the following Honda City models"

I had it on my earlier car - the Accent CRDi. Given that this is for the Petrol model - I cannot anyway go for it but will consider for sure if a Diesel one becomes available for the IDTEC.
Yes I too agree with you. What I know is K&N filters are lifetime and can be used after cleaning since they are washable.

How was the performance in your Accent? Was there any difference in FE?
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:32   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
This happens if the AC pollen filter (located behind the glovebox) is clogged. You'll be surprised to see the amount of dust trapped in this filter that would have otherwise entered the cabin. Just take it out and clean it or better replace it if it is too dusty.

Changing the filter (after a year) improved the blower and AC effectiveness hugely in my case.
Thanks. But what baffles me is that my car was serviced just 2 months back and the filter was changed during the service. Anyways I will surely drive in to ASC and get it checked. Thanks for the pointer.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:29   #4210
BHPian

Quote:

Don't. Please stay away from these after market filters,the Ivtec is a fine engine anyway. If you actually want more juice,free flow exhaust is the way.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:28   #4211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I too agree with you. What I know is K&N filters are lifetime and can be used after cleaning since they are washable.

How was the performance in your Accent? Was there any difference in FE?
The pick-up was better and there was some negligible drop in FE. One thing though is no one on this forum seems to recommend it for the Honda Engines. Hyundai was a different case, in fact the guy at the Authorized Service Center recommended to go for K&N Filter. Then again Hyundai guys never threatened me about up-sizing tires as well and were ready to do any modification right at the authorized service center itself...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 19:44   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The pick-up was better and there was some negligible drop in FE. One thing though is no one on this forum seems to recommend it for the Honda Engines. Hyundai was a different case, in fact the guy at the Authorized Service Center recommended to go for K&N Filter. Then again Hyundai guys never threatened me about up-sizing tires as well and were ready to do any modification right at the authorized service center itself...
Honda's service is nowhere near Hyundai's service. But personally for me, there has been no threaten on tyre upsize. However, they told it might void warranty. K&N filters - I haven't asked so far yet.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 09:57   #4213
BHPian

Honda showroom are quoting a price of 2.5k for the shark fin antenna. Is this the best price? In online sites i can get them for 1k, but i need to paint to match my car color. Any suggestions?
Old 17th September 2015, 22:11   #4214
BHPian

Was on the lookout for a new car since june, went and drove the Jazz, vento, rapid dsg, verna diesel AT and the city. Did not like the german twins at all, kind of liked the verna but the 4speed and the rear seats were a no go. BTW I currently drive a civic and have had a city before, guess Hondas make me feel at home. So finally landed up booking the city with linkway honda(chandivali).

When i had enquired with apex honda in june for the city vx at they had told me for a waiting period of 9 months, i just laughed and left the showroom. Next went to linkway and they said 3 months, but the jazz was around the corner and i did want to have a look at the car before putting my money on the city. I know different segments but then i always had a soft spot for the jazz. So yes i waited till the hullabaloo on the new car dies and i finally test drove the jazz in sept, the drive did not last too long, i got it out of the showroom, took a u turn onto an empty stretch of road and floored the accelerator, the 1.2 engine was strained like hell, moved from D to S and still felt as if the car was trying too hard, i turned the car right away and decided it had to be the city.

So finally on sept 6th booked the VX AT with booking amount 21,000/-
Ex Showroom - 12,12,695
Insurance (Honda Assure) - 32,290
Registration - 1,26,769
Depot Charges - 4500
Extended Warranty - 8090
RSA - 4670
0 Dep cover - 7880

Total on road price - 13,96,894/-

I pestered them to deliver the car early and the Sales Advisor (SA) said if I am open to colour choices being left open they might be able to do something based on cancellations etc. Since I did not have a preference to colour i went with that.

The SA called me day before and said they might have an urban titanium coming in the next lot to be despatched on sept 27, if i were ok with it then he could deliver the car in first week of Oct. Since i was hoping to get a white or UT i jumped at the thought and said yes. So hopefully i will be getting the car before the stipulated 3 months waiting. So looking forward to this
bigblackshark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 23:09   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
The SA called me day before and said they might have an urban titanium coming in the next lot to be despatched on sept 27, if i were ok with it then he could deliver the car in first week of Oct. Since i was hoping to get a white or UT i jumped at the thought and said yes. So hopefully i will be getting the car before the stipulated 3 months waiting. So looking forward to this

Congrats! The VX CVT is indeed a smooth and good vehicle which I bought in Feb-14 and have enjoyed driving. The ex-fty price appears to have risen a bit in the meanwhile though- my ex-fty price was 10.80L in Gurgaon, Haryana.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks