Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 13:12   #4291
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
There is a small hidden keyslot by the side of the shift stick which can be opened with a small screwdriver, the key goes into it and then the stick can be moved to N with the engine off. IMHO, Honda meant this as a solution to towing the vehicle and not as a parking solution, which is why it is hidden. It was open on the 2004 CVT model though.
Hear you. This was mentioned by the dealer as well. Though, you'd agree, it is a cumbersome process to attempt. Keep a screwdriver, open the plastic part with it etc. I'd rather not touch the gear box, paranoid about something wrong happening. Hence, I am hoping that there could be a simpler solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello Mate,

From my experience with the Vx CVT, the car does cut off when in N, However the screen would display a message asking you to move the stick to P. In the Vx there is a small green LED blinking on the start/stop button even after the engine is cut off and we need to repress the start/start button to turn off all the systems in the car.
That's right, though the electronics are still active even if you switch off in 'N'. Battery consumption will be an issue if one leaves a car for too long like this. Plus i don't even know if the car will lock from outside if engine is killed in 'N'.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 14:54   #4292
BHPian

Has anyone connected the new City to an OBD ELM327 and run the diagnostic tool? Would like to hear on what kind of analysis it throws up.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:45   #4293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Hear you. This was mentioned by the dealer as well. Though, you'd agree, it is a cumbersome process to attempt. Keep a screwdriver, open the plastic part with it etc. I'd rather not touch the gear box, paranoid about something wrong happening. Hence, I am hoping that there could be a simpler solution.
Cumbersome yes, which is why I said, Honda possibly meant it as an emergency procedure for towing etc. There is no danger of damaging the transmission, have used it often enough myself over the last 12 years odd.

Would recommend leaving off the plastic cover if you use it everyday. Though you would need to ensure dust etc does not accumulate in the opening.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 21:44   #4294
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just gave our Honda City VX CVT version for the 1 month service. There were only 3 things done as per the invoice:

1) 1000kms Free Service
2) Inspect Drive Belt & Tension
3) Clean Air Filter

Just wanted to check with other CVT owners if they also had these things only? I was thinking there would be some oil change etc too. Can some one please guide me as to whether the car has been serviced properly or not?
Old 14th October 2015, 08:04   #4295

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This is common problem with 3rd gen City. Got the horn replaced under warranty for about 5 times in 4 years.

And after the warranty paid 2k+ to get the new horns of 4th gen and as of now they are working fine.

If your car is under warranty get it replaced for free else after market horns will be good option.
I had the same problem with my 2008 Honda City zx. Most likely it is due to slight rusting at the contact leads of the horn. A local mechanic took exactly 10 mins to clean the leads and reinstall the horn. Been working fine for almost a year since. It is caused I think due to the placement of the horn. Open to the fury of nature.
Old 14th October 2015, 10:46   #4296

Hello,
There is a Ring Road Honda near Sector 9, Dwarka Metro Station. I do not see this dealer address listed in Honda website as authorised dealers in Delhi. Though there are other Ring Road Honda's & they are listed.

Does someone has more information about it? Can I buy from this dealer?
Old 14th October 2015, 12:27   #4297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check with other CVT owners if they also had these things only? I was thinking there would be some oil change etc too. Can some one please guide me as to whether the car has been serviced properly or not?
Hello Sannil,

I can confirm that these are the only things done during the first free service for CVT models.
Second Service 5k/3 months is also a routine check and a body wash only, however if your car has clocked 5k by then we can get the wheel rotation, alignment and balancing done.
Third Service 10k/6 months is when the engine oil and filters were changed and it would cost around Rs 2000/-.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 13:22   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Hello,
There is a Ring Road Honda near Sector 9, Dwarka Metro Station. I do not see this dealer address listed in Honda website as authorised dealers in Delhi. Though there are other Ring Road Honda's & they are listed.

Does someone has more information about it? Can I buy from this dealer?
I believe there are only two RR Honda - one in GGN (sector 18 and at Iffco Chowk) and the other one at Moti Nagar. Can you ask if this is a new outlet? Are you buying a car from here or an accessory?
Old 14th October 2015, 22:10   #4299
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Finally got my Membership approved and proud to say that I'm a TBHPian, the approval of the membership comes right after the purchase of our new car, which is none other than the ANHC. I sincerely thank each and every member on this thread (Which was my one stop reference for almost everything related to the car) and Team BHP in general for helping us choose the right car.

Proud to own the ANHC V MT version (Carnelian Red), this is a definite step up from our previous ride which was a 2004 Santro Xing, had many doubts and needed loads of clarification, went through almost all the pages on this thread before our purchase (Twice or Thrice), couldn't ask for a better explanation on the Honda City. Finally, Got the car delivered last Saturday and put in AutoForm seat covers (Beige and touches of Black to match the interiors). Wanted to go in for a Tyre upgrade too, but then since most of our driving is within the city it can wait for a little while longer I suppose. Completely in love with the car, once again thank you all for you idea's and suggestions and last but not least a BIG thanks to GTO and Team BHP for this awesome review.
Old 14th October 2015, 23:30   #4300

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
I believe there are only two RR Honda - one in GGN (sector 18 and at Iffco Chowk) and the other one at Moti Nagar. Can you ask if this is a new outlet? Are you buying a car from here or an accessory?
I am planning to buy ANHC, went there & took quotation a week ago. However, when I couldn't find them in Honda website.

Not sure how they have a showroom in Dwarka, if it is not authorized. It shows up as follows in websites like justdial etc:

"Ring Road Honda in Dwarka Sector 9, Delhi Sugoi Motors Pvt Ltd"
Old 15th October 2015, 19:22   #4301

City (or Honda) owners please help me with the best dealer in Delhi (preferably if there is a good one in West Delhi). I.ve tried to search for reviews on Honda Dealers in Delhi, but the reviews were negative to mixed.

Please help me if you.ve had a good personal experience with your Honda Dealer.
Old 16th October 2015, 16:51   #4302
BHPian

Quote:
City (or Honda) owners please help me with the best dealer in Delhi (preferably if there is a good one in West Delhi). I.ve tried to search for reviews on Honda Dealers in Delhi, but the reviews were negative to mixed.

Well, the reviews are always going to be mix for all dealers in the NCR region. Please approach a few and see where do you find the treatment better, including stuff such as proximity of service station from your place, their responsiveness on your queries, early delivery and if at all, any freebies. I went with RR Honda and it has been a mixed experience.
Old 16th October 2015, 21:21   #4303
BHPian

Guys I need some help.

Here are snapshots of the Headlight Beam Patterns taken at a distance of about 30 Feet. Are these right?

Low Beams only

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-low-beam.jpg

Low Beam + High Beam

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-low-high-beam.jpg

Low Beam + Fog Lamps

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-low-beam-fog-lamps.jpg
  1. The low beam seems to be sloping down from Left to Right.
  2. The High Beam does not seem to give a proper distribution on both sides
  3. The fog lamps seem to be the best lights that I have
Old 16th October 2015, 21:39   #4304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For good sales experience, try Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi and Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur. Service wise all SVC would be same.
Kind of mentality these guys have that changes after selling you the thing!
Old 16th October 2015, 21:53   #4305

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
For good sales experience, try Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi and Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur. Service wise all SVC would be same.
Kind of mentality these guys have that changes after selling you the thing!
This is bad. At times I feel like going with Maruti Ciaz when I hear such things about Honda ASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks