Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-309.html)

Guys - I know this topic has been visited a couple of times but wanted to check what is the latest TouchScreen Car Audio/Video available for the City as on date?

I have looked at all the Blaupunkt ones - so please give that a miss (Las Vegas, San Diego etc.).

Do any of the Pioneer ones work with the City seamlessly? When I say seamlessly I mean are there Pioneer Models that integrate readily with the existing Rear View Camera and also the Steering Wheel Controls? I am not looking for Navigation, only an AV system. I own the 2014 City V Variant.

Thanks in Advance for the inputs :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 3918747)
The fuel return pipe replacment involves changing the Engine Oil which is free as part of the recall. (You may have to pay for a small portion of the oil changed).

I suggest that you club the fuel return pipe change with your normal servicing, you stand to save about Rs 2 to 3K on Engine oil from your service bill.
I've got this confirmed with the service center during my last visit.

That is pretty bad on my Honda ASC - Delight Honda. When I went to them in December 2015 for my 30K paid service they claimed that they did not have the spare to do this fuel return pipe change and still did not mention to me that when this change would be done, the engine oil needs a change.

I will try to fight with them and make sure I do not pay for it. :D

I will keep the forum posted about the outcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3918974)
That is pretty bad on my Honda ASC - Delight Honda. When I went to them in December 2015 for my 30K paid service they claimed that they did not have the spare to do this fuel return pipe change and still did not mention to me that when this change would be done, the engine oil needs a change.

I will try to fight with them and make sure I do not pay for it. :D

I will keep the forum posted about the outcome.

That is correct - I have posted my complete bill on my ownership report for your reference: URL

Recently I took my Honda city for free 10K service. I left my car and went to office. After 3-4 Hours SA called me and told that Rat has chewed windshield washer hose(transparent plastic tube). I don't know how they found this as I never noticed any leakage under my car. Has anybody had similar experience with rats? I was shocked with the cheap quality and material choice of the tube.
I was expecting some reinforced rubberized material than as shown in following image

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 3919858)
Recently I took my Honda city for free 10K service. I left my car and went to office. After 3-4 Hours SA called me and told that Rat has chewed windshield washer hose(transparent plastic tube). I don't know how they found this as I never noticed any leakage under my car. Has anybody had similar experience with rats? I was shocked with the cheap quality and material choice of the tube.
I was expecting some reinforced rubberized material than as shown in following image

You might not see any leaks in this case since the washer fluid is in the reservoir. Looks like they might have tried to use the washer (routine checklist?) and found out it was not spraying well.

I dont think any mass market cars have reinforced tubes. My Ford has a very slim rubber tube that bends easily and gets a bit sticky with heat.

You are lucky the rat picked the washer hose instead of the wiring harness..

Yesterday, I gave my car for 10K service too. The rubber part at base of windshield has started disintegrating already. But service centre says it is done by rats or some "external damage". There are no rats in my building and generally rats don't climb and eat things on top of the bonnet, they hide inside. It clearly looks like the part is disintegrating. What should i do? I also asked them to check on my gear shift which is very rough going into 1st and 2nd gear. They said they have done clutch bleeding but the gearshift remains horrible to use. Anyone else face this issue? Also asked them to do something about the bad smell from the AC and they have done disinfection. They also said it's a product defect and everyone is facing similar issues, and we need to turn on the AC switch before turning on the blower. :Frustrati Also they didn't clean the car properly and left oily marks around the AC vents post the disinfection activity. Overall I'm not happy with the servicing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 3919858)

First of all the image you showed is not of a reinforced type material. As of todays date, no manufacturer has provided any braided or "reinforced" or such pipe for washer fluid. They all are soft rubber transparent or black rubber tubes which are apparently a very yummy part of the menu for rats. Now there is no fixed assumption as to what a rat might take fancy to and they chew up pretty much anything they fancy like wires, plastic parts like washer fluid reservoir wiper base panels, wiring sockets, etc. the bad art is they love to chew up the wires right next to the sockets bases which make it an almost irreparable scenario and a costly affair in most cases.

Things one can do to avoid this menace is to check almost everyday below the bonnet for signs of rodents and clean up any rat excreta which may be present in the engine bay mostly in the area on top of the front struts, gearbox, battery area, behind the front fenders, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 3889370)
My latest issue is that every time I turn on my blower / AC I get a bad smell (which goes away after a while), not like a dead rat but more like fungus or something. I guess it could be the AC filter- which was designed for only 2500Km.

I also get the same very often particularly in City. I don't any of my friends from other brands have these issues ( living in same city ). I guess either the plastics in the vent or the Air filter is aiding fungus growth more in city , which is bad considering the once historical quality Honda is associated with.

Exactly like our Bangalore roads, took several turns and a couple of U Turns to arrive at this, HONDA CITY [VX CVT]. Took the delivery last Wednesday, Feb 24th and my initial review is up in "Assembly line".

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-p1100969.jpg

As soon as our MODs bless with their approvals to go live, we will have it there in "Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports" section.

Thanks to one and all for this thread. Its been a good journey so far.

Prem.

Hi Guys,
Does ANHC make double beep sound while locking and unlocking?
Mine doesn't make any sound but flashes Indicators three times.
Just wondering because I saw beep sound in Honda City TV ad stupid:
https://youtu.be/13Ax7R0DPQs?t=14

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 3923555)
Hi Guys,
Does ANHC make double beep sound while locking and unlocking?
Mine doesn't make any sound but flashes Indicators three times.
Just wondering because I saw beep sound in Honda City TV ad stupid:

My car makes sound when you lock/unlock through request sensor on door. When you lock/unlock from remote there is no sound.

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is a bit 'off-topic', but I just booked my CVT a couple of days ago, awaiting delivery now (hopefully mid next week and am finding it hard to keep my excitement in control) clap:

I've been hearing rumours of a price rise after the recent budget of up to ~65K :Shockked: which is a bit of a dampener. Does anyone have some prudent information on this? Honda's website keep showing "Prices are being updated. Sorry for the Inconvenience caused." for the last two days and the dealer's not being able to help on this either.

PS: First post on TBHP! Equally excited on joining this awesome community!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugz (Post 3924236)
Hi folks,

Apologies if this is a bit 'off-topic', but I just booked my CVT a couple of days ago, awaiting delivery now (hopefully mid next week and am finding it hard to keep my excitement in control) clap:

I've been hearing rumours of a price rise after the recent budget of up to ~65K :Shockked: which is a bit of a dampener. Does anyone have some prudent information on this?

Yes there is an additional tax in the budget and manufacturers are passing it on. This thread explains it all clearly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3923052

Key point is that this is valid for any car being dispatched from the factory from Feb 29th.In your case, since you are getting delivery next week, the car maybe on the way or already in the dealer yard. If that is the case the increased tax will not be applicable. So check with the dealer on where the car is, and if he asks for extra, confirm that the car was dispatched after Feb 29. ( there is a form that they have that will show the date of dispatch)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3924268)
Yes there is an additional tax in the budget and manufacturers are passing it on. This thread explains it all clearly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3923052

Key point is that this is valid for any car being dispatched from the factory from Feb 29th.In your case, since you are getting delivery next week, the car maybe on the way or already in the dealer yard. If that is the case the increased tax will not be applicable. So check with the dealer on where the car is, and if he asks for extra, confirm that the car was dispatched after Feb 29. ( there is a form that they have that will show the date of dispatch)

My car was dispatched from Honda factory on 27th of Feb and as per the above statement I might escape the price hike, but yet to talk to the dealer to know their stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 3924363)
My car was dispatched from Honda factory on 27th of Feb and as per the above statement I might escape the price hike, but yet to talk to the dealer to know their stand.

This is an ad in today's paper (Bangalore). As per this, till March 5th one should be able to buy at the old prices.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20160303_104026.jpg

So you should definitely not be charged the new rate