Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2016, 08:33   #4711

Thanks MakingRuleZ. Congrats on your new car too.

Any other owners know if there is speed sensing volume control in this car?

@avdhesh. Good to know it does have speed sensing volume control. Do you know if it is enabled by default or is there a setting where I can enable/disable it?

Last edited by aah78 : 1st April 2016 at 23:29. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:36   #4712
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
4. Is it possible to make IRVMs auto foldable? I'd really love to. I always forget to fold them in before getting out of the car.
I have done it. Please see my post no.4306 in this thread.
Old 3rd April 2016, 23:16   #4713
BHPian

Has anyone experienced improvement on handling after upsizing and upgrading tyres?

I read a lot of posts that are complaining about the same.

Even one of the ace drivers seems to have the same problem.
Old 4th April 2016, 00:52   #4714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Has anyone experienced improvement on handling after upsizing and upgrading tyres?

I read a lot of posts that are complaining about the same.
My car has been running on 205/60R15 Michelin XM2 tires for close to 20000km. To start with, the stock Michelin XM1+ were prone to sidewall bulges, even upon minor impact. I lost 3 tires within 30k km. This problem has completely disappeared with the bigger size.

There is massive improvement in the overall feel and grip levels. The car inspires a lot of confidence now and can take turns at good speed with total control and no undue surprises whatsoever. Braking has improved. Agility is as good as before. Ditto for the turning circle. The bigger size does not foul with the arches at all, even on full load. There is barely any tire noise. Ride quality has also improved. I have experimented a bit with tire pressures and have found that 28psi in all four seems ideal for solo usage. Minor reduction in FE, about 1kmpl or so. Also, there is very little wear to show for the 20k km these tires have done. And lastly, the under-tired look is history. This is the size of shoes a 12L car should be wearing. Overall, a highly recommended upgrade.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 4th April 2016 at 00:56.
Old 4th April 2016, 11:37   #4715
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
My car has been running on 205/60R15 Michelin XM2 tires for close to 20000km.
Glad to hear you're happy with your upgrade. But maybe 205/55 would have been better since the OD would remain almost same as stock. 205/60 causes quite a large difference in sidewall height. Also, did you mount these tyres on the stock rims/ alloys? Cause the tyre stop I went to said the stock rims would lead to a very tight fit for tyres wider than 185s. So I ended up compromising with 185/65 on the stock rims, but don't think he was right.

Last edited by mxh : 4th April 2016 at 12:02.
Old 4th April 2016, 14:58   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Glad to hear you're happy with your upgrade. But maybe 205/55 would have been better since the OD would remain almost same as stock. 205/60 causes quite a large difference in sidewall height. Also, did you mount these tyres on the stock rims/ alloys? Cause the tyre stop I went to said the stock rims would lead to a very tight fit for tyres wider than 185s. So I ended up compromising with 185/65 on the stock rims, but don't think he was right.
I upgraded to XM2 195/R60 Michelins and have had no problem so far.
Old 4th April 2016, 19:03   #4717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
The sidewall is visibly thicker but the difference in overall dia is a tiny bit more than 2%. Honestly, that amounts to nothing. I checked the speedo and odo error against my Jazz, it was negligible. In fact, the thicker sidewall goes a long way in improving the aesthetics and getting rid of the under-tired look. Now, my Jazz also runs the same size

These tires are mounted on the stock alloys, both cars. I have absolutely no issues to report.
Old 5th April 2016, 21:52   #4718

Guys any idea why companies aren't giving those sporty chrome exhausts these days? I think even Hyundai's new cars aren't getting those. I'd like one on my city but the exhaust seems to be bent downwards, not sure if it is possible.
Old 5th April 2016, 23:15   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
@avdhesh. Good to know it does have speed sensing volume control. Do you know if it is enabled by default or is there a setting where I can enable/disable it?
There's a music icon below the telephone icon on the left side of the system above the knob. Press that and then scroll all the way down below bass, treble etc and the last option is SVC. Select that and choose between off, low, medium and high.
Old 6th April 2016, 00:41   #4720
BHPian

Will be getting my Orchid White Petrol VMT this Thursday, the 7th of April from Maansarovar Honda. Truly an unplanned purchase thanks to the Floods in Chennai. 7th seemingly is lucky since I got my replacement 520d on the 7th of March. God Bless BMW Secure
Would have loved to go for the VX MT or VX CVT but thanks to the government that has a wonderful tax structure for cars on the upper side of 10 lakhs. Found that premium unnecessary.

Anyway the good part is that I saved some cash on the car using own insurance and also knowing some at the dealership fetched some discount and 3 friends picked up the same car and hence they were ever obliging.

The dealership experience has been pretty smooth thanks to knowing someone at the top.

They had logged the Extended warranty package and RSA so paying for both.

Have ordered Jackspeed OE type Nutmeg Seat covers and 3D mats from Jeewajee. Cost quoted is ₹15500 and ₹6000 respectively. Have also asked for a leather steering wrap quoted at ₹1500.

Planning to Upsize the tyres too soon after the purchase. Hopefully get a decent buy back. The stock tyres are Bridgestone B250's. Mostly will pick up a Michelin P3ST or Continental MC5.
Please advice.

Will do 3M Schutz Underbody from them and also get the sun films installed, although I don't wanna break any rules, I think the intense sun can only be beaten a little in this way.

The dealership seems to have outsourced or atleast seemingly recommend third party accessories, the only accessory I wanted from them was the Illuminated Scuff plate and they said they advise against it since a rusting issue. Was surprised to hear that but chose to ignore.

Any views? Will probably get it from some other showroom during service.

Not planning on getting Honda Connect as I feel the options don't warrant the cost and recurring cost involved, again to each his own, will surely heed to advice.

Any other must have accessories? How good are the stick on Magnetic Sunshades? Better option than sun film?

Please ignore the long post and the number of questions. A new car purchase excites nevertheless.

TIA
Old 6th April 2016, 01:12   #4721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have ordered Jackspeed OE type Nutmeg Seat covers and 3D mats from Jeewajee. Cost quoted is ₹15500 and ₹6000 respectively. Have also asked for a leather steering wrap quoted at ₹1500.
That's expensive. Get quotes for another place.

Quote:
Planning to Upsize the tyres too soon after the purchase. Hopefully get a decent buy back. The stock tyres are Bridgestone B250's. Mostly will pick up a Michelin P3ST or Continental MC5.
Do upsize to 195/60R15 or 205/60R15. Both sizes work fine, and on stock alloys. Michelins are a bit more expensive but quieter.

Quote:
Will do 3M Schutz Underbody from them and also get the sun films installed, although I don't wanna break any rules, I think the intense sun can only be beaten a little in this way.
Underbody coat - your wish. Sunfilms of any and every kind continue to remain banned.

Quote:
Not planning on getting Honda Connect as I feel the options don't warrant the cost and recurring cost involved, again to each his own, will surely heed to advice.
I also feel Honda Connect a waste of money.

Quote:
Any other must have accessories? How good are the stick on Magnetic Sunshades? Better option than sun film?
I find magnetic sunshades rather cumbersome. If you are keen on accessories, I'll suggest that you skip the cosmetic ones and go for something functional. Get the car professionally damped. This will keep the rattles and noises in check and also result in a quieter drive. Also, if you plan on being chauffeured around, consider upgrading the rear speakers.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 12:41   #4722
BHPian

Quote:

Manjith
Congratulations ! I know, I owe you the image of "side step illumination" that I still couldnt take it up.

For any 3M work, its better to get it done from a 3M showroom. Dont do it in the car dealership. Most of the times, will mess it up OR wont be properly done. I am sure, you would pay the same !

Good luck and enjoy your City drive !
Prem.
Old 6th April 2016, 14:27   #4723
BHPian

Will be doing the 3M work from the 3M showroom at nungambakkam although the Nandanam is closer.
I'm only thinking whether I should phase out the installations a bit.
Old 6th April 2016, 18:18   #4724
mxh
BHPian

I'm looking to upgrade my City 2015 stock speakers. The car comes with 4 speakers and no tweeters, but I am open to installing tweeters if it's worth it. I just want to get the speakers upgraded only cause I'm happy with the head unit. I'm not an audiophile but want better, clear sound. I listen to a lot of electronic music and foreign talk radio channels, connecting via bluetooth to my phone's online radio apps like DI radio, Tune in radio etc. Which speakers should I go for and where should I buy from (I'm in Andheri area of Mumbai)? Do I need to buy coaxial or component, and of what size front and rear? Also has anyone bought speakers from Snapdeal (They are offering doorstep installation)? Or should I buy in store only? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mxh : 6th April 2016 at 18:20.
Old 6th April 2016, 18:40   #4725
BHPian

This view is corroborated by quite a few fellow members, two of whom have already sold the car and bought other brands.

I was planning on buying the City VX CVT, but after seeing the niggles thread, I am having second thoughts. You have strengthened my doubts. Can you tell me what cars were bought by the other fellow members. I am not able to find a better car in this price range.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed