Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 15:43   #4741
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi Guys,
I'm facing problem while putting my ANHC (2015 petrol) in reverse gear.
Sometimes after putting it in reverse gear car doesn't move and gearbox makes grrrrr sound so I have put it in neutral and again in reverse for normal operation.
I press full clutch while engaging reverse gear.
Does anybody else face similar problem? should I be worried?
Old 13th April 2016, 18:10   #4742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Hi Guys,
Sometimes after putting it in reverse gear car doesn't move and gearbox makes grrrrr sound so I have put it in neutral and again in reverse for normal operation.
From the sound you say you hear, it seems that the reverse gear is NOT engaged properly.
Get to the Neutral, then to first gear. Again, get back to neutral and reverse gear to see if the problem still persists.

Prem.
Old 13th April 2016, 19:02   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
From the sound you say you hear, it seems that the reverse gear is NOT engaged properly.
Yes,thats right.

But do all ANHCs have this problem,or something is wrong in my case?
Old 20th April 2016, 07:04   #4744
BHPian

Need an advice on headlight upgrade for City.

While I asked this question to the accessories guy in the Honda Showroom, he was prompt to suggest the Osram Nightbreaker for both low and high beam, each costing 2,800/- thus totaling to 5,600/-

1) Has anyone done this upgrade OR any other right way of upgrading without voiding the warranty ?

2) Is this [Osram NB] a worth the upgrade for its cost ?

Prem.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:08   #4745
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
1) Has anyone done this upgrade OR any other right way of upgrading without voiding the warranty ?

2) Is this [Osram NB] a worth the upgrade for its cost ?
AFAIK and with my experience with Osram's, the light is more towards white rather than yellowish. Life IMO is a bit on the shorter side which may not be good as the cost of each pair is 3K I guess.

Upgrade may be but I am not sure how long these bulbs would last hence is it worthy in the long run is what I cannot tell.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 11:26   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK and with my experience with Osram's, the light is more towards white rather than yellowish. Life IMO is a bit on the shorter side which may not be good as the cost of each pair is 3K I guess.

Upgrade may be but I am not sure how long these bulbs would last hence is it worthy in the long run is what I cannot tell.
Thank you.
I am also thinking about HID if that would be of any help at all.

My understanding on HID.

1) HID would help in low beam
2) Go for Osram NB for high beam

Is my understanding right ? Any help is appreciated.

Prem.
Old 20th April 2016, 16:51   #4747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
I was planning on buying the City VX CVT, but after seeing the niggles thread, I am having second thoughts.
There will be niggles but then depends on the larger picture and your requirement. I have learnt to live with some squeaks here and there which I believe would be the case with most cars in a certain price range. I doubt you will get 1 car which satisfies everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
One of the two persons I know went from Honda City to an SUV (Hyundai Creta). It's a shift to a completely different segment / type of cars.
Similar price segment. Lot of potential buyers are looking at across segments, e.g. Creta, Brezza, City, etc. By the way, the 2nd person went for a Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
On a related note, this exemplifies the problem with the City. Build quality is really bad. Parts falling off a 12L sedan is just not acceptable.
Agreed. My dead pedal has fallen off and so did my rear view mirror once! Dead pedal thrown away (it was just a sticker) and rear view mirror fixed by ASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
His main query is whether the city's engine is way better than creta's engine.
The i-vtec has almost no competition in the segment. It's an amazing machine.

Quote:
Please read my post here on issues with the gear box in the new City
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:01   #4748
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Honda has postponed the launch of the City facelift to 2017. The company has taken this step so that it can take on the new Hyundai Verna, which is likely to be launched in 2017.

The facelifted City, which has been codenamed 2GC, will compete with the next generation Verna, which was earlier expected to be launched in October this year. But now, Hyundai plans to launch the car sometime in 2017.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpg

It is rumoured that the refreshed City facelift will use parts from the Honda Greiz, which is sold in China. The Greiz is built by Dongfeng-Honda. Some of the styling features on the car include a restyled front fascia, a redesigned grille, restyled headlamp clusters with LED daytime running lights, new LED taillights and reworked boot lid with an integrated spoiler.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-3.jpg

At present, the sales of the City are strong. The car has been the best-selling sedan in the C2 segment.
Aditya is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:11   #4749
BHPian

I think its a wise decision by Honda to launch it in 2017, since its still the best selling in its segment and I don't see anything else changes that in the near future.

As a owner of new City (Dec, 2014), I feel Honda need to make few improvements in the new City.

1. Improve the overall quality of vehicle (interior and exterior).
2. Rectify all the quality issues that are plaguing the new City.
3. Improve NVH in iDTEC.
4. Get rid of those ugly alloys and also give the option of bigger tire sizes in at least high end variants.

Here are some more press images of Honda Greiz from web.

I like this front look, especially that black grille.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda_greiz_china_1e1445326993216.jpg

Grille closer look.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondagreizgrillepressimages.jpg

Interior is better than current model.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondagreizinteriorpressimages.jpg

Not a big fan of the rear changes though (image from chinaautoweb.com)
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-greiz-rear.jpg
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:25   #4750
BHPian

A head-on due between the BOLD H AND THE ITALIC H

A facelift would make City, an already good looking car, even more attractive. I cannot think of any major feature upgrade though, as Current Generation City already comes well loaded.
By 2017, Honda City would be in middle of its model life-cycle (typically 5-6 years), and it would be an interesting contest between the Face-lifted Honda City vs. All New Verna. Knowing Hyundai, they will not leave a single stone unturned to improve from current gen Verna - and they have proved it multiple times now for other all new models/new launches (Elantra, Grand i10, i20, Sonata, Santa Fe).

Last edited by Zinda : 22nd April 2016 at 11:26.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:45   #4751
BHPian

It would be interesting to see what are the parts of Greiz, which facelifted City will get. Because as far as the Chinese market goes Honda Greiz manufactured by Dongfeng-Honda and Honda City made by Guangzhou Honda joint venture, competes in the same segment except for the fact that Greiz costs a premium over City.

If Honda decides to add the exterior styling bits of Greiz to Indian version of City then with its refreshed looks I would say they will give a tough for next gen Verna. However I just wish apart from new styling bits they should improve the quality as well.
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:15   #4752

Quote:
Hi Guys,
This is common among many cars I think. My City too have such issues in Rev Gear. I usually move ahead a little with 1st and then reengage reverse without any problem. This may be because of a separate spur gear instead of helical gear wheel connected to crankshaft (to transfer torque in opposite direction). I face this in 1 out of 10 instances in my car. Not to be worried.
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:37   #4753
mxh
BHPian

I don't like the rear of the Honda Greiz, it looks way too heavy and has Ciaz/ Jazz like cheap black plastic inserts. There seems to be minimal changes in the rest of the car. Sheet metal seems to be more or less the same. The headlights, tail lights and bumpers are new. This is clearly a cosmetic upgrade, while the current model was a major platform upgrade over the 3rd generation City. Also, the model pictured here appears to lack turn indicators on the mirrors and also no mudlfaps both of which are available on the higher models of the current City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Please read my post here on issues with the gear box in the new City
As a follow up to my previous post- The weather has changed in Mumbai and now it has become terribly hot. The gear box is still very rough, but slightly better than earlier. I think the transmission fluid used by Honda is not upto the mark; it seems to be working at higher temperatures only. Also, there's no way to check the level of the fluid which is surprising for a Japanese car. Anyone knows what is the grade of the transmission oil used in the City? It's not mentioned in the manual.

Last edited by mxh : 22nd April 2016 at 18:45.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 23:06   #4754
BHPian

The front is from the Honda accord which is available here in the US. Tail is from the US Civic, 2015 model. Wondering why Honda India is picking up bits and pieces from its US models and not getting anything new from the R&D?
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:30   #4755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I have learnt to live with some squeaks here and there which I believe would be the case with most cars in a certain price range.
My dead pedal has fallen off and so did my rear view mirror once!à Dead pedal thrown away (it was just a sticker).
The i-vtec has almost no competition in the segment. It's an amazing machine.
If it is a 3L ₹ Alto, some squeeks are acceptable. Even old veraion Swift used to start rattling as early as 5k KM mark. But for City, falling of dead pedal and mirror is just not acceptable. There is no other way about this. Even in a Nano the mirror doesn't fall off. Come on.
Yes, the engine is good, it is as silent as an engine could be, period. But it's low end torque is just not upto the mark, the fact that the City is a light weight car masks the poor low end of the iVtec. I just hate everything about the City apart from this butter smooth engine. The notchy gearbox, the lifeless steering, the unstable high speed behavior and the apalling build quality. I don't understand what went wrong with the City name after the 1st gen model. After driving my cousin's 2011 City with the same engine and lifeless steering that I wasn't comfortable taking to 3 digit speeds, I loved how my father's 10 years old Baleno felt on the NH-2. I fail to understand why on earth would Honda do what they did to the City monicker. I used to be a Honda fanboy, for the excellent deiver's machine the City was once, and then the 2nd gen that was immensely practical for it's tallboy design, a peppy 77hp engine and build quality that makes a 10 years old car newer looking than a 2 years old 4th gen one.
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed