Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:04   #5236
BHPian

Did sign up for Cartisan- they appear to have quite reasonably priced door step options for various things like wiper replacement, ac duct sanitisation, cleaning, polishing and servicing. If anyone wants to sign up, you can use my referral code EY60JM to get 100 points that you could encash.
Old 3rd December 2016, 21:59   #5237
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi, do you have a referral code for Cartisan that you can share?
Please use referral code UX6HTD. Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 18:48   #5238
BHPian

I came across offers on the Honda City, and uploading a picture of the same for the benefit of prospective buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondaoffers.jpg  

Old 4th December 2016, 19:18   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I came across offers on the Honda City, and uploading a picture of the same for the benefit of prospective buyers.
2015 models still on offer? Please understand that in next 3 weeks, that cars will be treated as 3 year old vehicles. Those who look for the 2015 cars should be aware of this fact.
Old 4th December 2016, 19:34   #5240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, they are saying they have 2015 manufactured Citys, petrol as well as diesel, lying unsold in December 2016? How the mighty have fallen!

Honda City used to be THE go-to sedan for, well, everyone. It was what all self respecting sedans wanted to be. This has to be a damning slap on the wrist for all the product planners Honda seems to have poached from Maruti ever since they launched the Amaze.

Bring back the robustness. Bring back the reliability. Bring back the mechanical finesse. Bring back the feel-good factor. Stop being el-cheapo. If we want something 'like a Maruti', we'll buy the Ciaz, thank you. Honda has to be Honda. Over the past three years, they have basically been killing their own brand.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 4th December 2016 at 19:42.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 08:49   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
So, they are saying they have 2015 manufactured Citys, petrol as well as diesel, lying unsold in December 2016? How the mighty have fallen!

Honda City used to be THE go-to sedan for, well, everyone. It was what all self respecting sedans wanted to be. This has to be a damning slap on the wrist for all the product planners Honda seems to have poached from Maruti ever since they launched the Amaze.

Bring back the robustness. Bring back the reliability. Bring back the mechanical finesse. Bring back the feel-good factor. Stop being el-cheapo. If we want something 'like a Maruti', we'll buy the Ciaz, thank you. Honda has to be Honda. Over the past three years, they have basically been killing their own brand.
My guess is the 2015 models will be very small in number and also these are the E & S Variants, which right from the launch date have seen very little demand. Same goes for Jazz too. And I know this as I was looking for good deals for an office colleague of mine on the Honda Jazz. The higher variants are not available immediately.

Furthermore, the discounts on the 2016 Honda City with the 1 Re. Honda Assure Insurance and the fall of number of Citys dispatched in November (2500 odd) are an indicator of the nearing Facelift.

Agree on the fact that Honda needs to bring back the Robustness & Mechanical Finesse. Reliability is there and I don't remember more than a couple of instances, which are a stark blot on the Reliability of the car.

Last edited by tejas08 : 5th December 2016 at 08:53.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 14:07   #5242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Thanks. I have a severe problem when I drive in the night. Do you suggest anything else? Philips Xtreme Plus?

The local dealer suggests HIDs but they are too costly.
I finally got the bulbs upgraded to the OSRAM Nightbreaker for high beam (HB3 type). Drove this to Panipat from Faridabad this weekend and, as already suggested by some of the BHPians, did not find a remarkable difference in the OEM and the Nightbreakers. The benefit is meager with respect to the cost involved. So I would not recommend them to anybody.

My next thing to get installed is the rear view cameras.

Are the LED based cameras better than the IR ones?
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 14:11   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Thanks. I have a severe problem when I drive in the night. Do you suggest anything else? Philips Xtreme Plus?

The local dealer suggests HIDs but they are too costly.
You can try Bosch Gigalight also. I'm using that on my S-Cross (H4). Found it better than Xtreme vision.
Old 5th December 2016, 18:20   #5244
BHPian

Saw a Honda City in Hi-Tec city limits today which had 'Connected Car' decals on the bonnet and the doors, doing rounds.

Was unable to take a picture as I was on a two wheeler.

The car was running on Temporary registration plates - By plates, I mean stickers to be precise; the registration number was not even clearly visible

Nexa dealers give proper Temporary registration plates for the cars and Honda City is supposed to be a premium offering.
Old 6th December 2016, 17:16   #5245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Saw a Honda City in Hi-Tec city limits today which had 'Connected Car' decals on the bonnet and the doors, doing rounds.

Was unable to take a picture as I was on a two wheeler.

The car was running on Temporary registration plates - By plates, I mean stickers to be precise; the registration number was not even clearly visible

Nexa dealers give proper Temporary registration plates for the cars and Honda City is supposed to be a premium offering.
The car you mention is a test drive vehicle. The number plates are left to the dealer. I seriously dont understand how the way temporary registration is displayed becomes a factor in a car being premium or not!
Old 6th December 2016, 19:16   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
The car you mention is a test drive vehicle. The number plates are left to the dealer. I seriously dont understand how the way temporary registration is displayed becomes a factor in a car being premium or not!
I don't think it is a test drive vehicle, but something to do with the development of 'Connected Cars' going on currently (same as in the case of Tiago in UK).

Hence, I was highlighting that the company does not even have proper plates or visible temp registration numbers.

Even if it a test drive vehicle, I think the company should instruct the dealers to have proper plates or visible temporary registration number, at least.
Old 6th December 2016, 19:26   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I don't think it is a test drive vehicle, but something to do with the development of 'Connected Cars' going on currently (same as in the case of Tiago in UK).

Hence, I was highlighting that the company does not even have proper plates or visible temp registration numbers.

Even if it a test drive vehicle, I think the company should instruct the dealers to have proper plates or visible temporary registration number, at least.
All Honda test drive cars that are equipped with the Honda Connect feature have the "connected car" decals on them.

I have seen S-Classes running on stickers instead of plates. Does that make them cheap cars? I agree that even temp plates should be visible, but a test drive car is washed plenty of times a day and it is possible for the sticker to wash off.

It is just a bit ridiculous to question if a company is truly premium based on what the temporary plates are like on a test drive vehicle!
Old 6th December 2016, 20:00   #5248
BHPian

Quote:
All Honda test drive cars that are equipped with the Honda Connect feature have the "connected car" decals on them.

I have seen S-Classes running on stickers instead of plates. Does that make them cheap cars? I agree that even temp plates should be visible, but a test drive car is washed plenty of times a day and it is possible for the sticker to wash off.

It is just a bit ridiculous to question if a company is truly premium based on what the temporary plates are like on a test drive vehicle!
I find it funny that you have totally taken a different meaning out of my original post.

Please read it again and maybe you will interpret it differently this time around.

And I am intentionally not explaining my original post so that it is open for your interpretation
Old 7th December 2016, 20:03   #5249
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone installed side and rear sun blinds?

I'm not referring to the rubber suction cup type square shades but the custom fit sun shades (magnetic) that fit into the shape of the side windows, and probably a pull type sunshade for the rear window.
Old 8th December 2016, 20:26   #5250
BHPian

From the last 3 weeks was facing an issue. While braking at speeds probably above 50 or 60 km/h, there was a vibration feeling in the brake pedal.

Took the car to the service center and on inspection it was found that the brake disc had some scratches. This is normal wear and tear and can occur depending on the driving conditions and style as per the A.S.S. Honestly, I was braking a lot due to the unstable nature of driving of two wheeler, auto rickshaws and even other 4 wheeler here in Trivandrum.

Polishing was done on the disc for both the front brakes. The amount came to 1092.50. No more vibrations after this was done.

I did inquire how the brake pads were. And as per the SA, the brake pads can still go on . The odometer is now reading at 28600 kms and the car is just over 2.5 years old.

Most Viewed