Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-357.html)

My guess is a slightly jerky driving style (you'll get that if you try to shift to second without adequate speed / rpm built up) and something loose in your glove compartment rattling due to the jerk. Ignore it and maybe switch gears a bit smoother?

Quote:

Originally Posted by we_pull (Post 4115182)
... i can hear the clutch make a noise (something like choon...) while pressing down and relieving. ....

Could be as simple as lack of lubrication at point where pedal spring is attached. A simple spray of 3M or similar lubricant should resolve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 4115282)
..... Whenever she goes over an uneven road or a bump, the doors unlock and cabin lights come on. This happens irrespective of what speed I'm on. ....

Check for exposed wire on door switches. Typical function of for switch is to pass earth from body to relay. An exposed wire does the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 4115282)
Hello folks, my 2.5 year old City has picked up a new quirk. Whenever she goes over an uneven road or a bump, the doors unlock and cabin lights come on. This happens irrespective of what speed I'm on. Once the car slows down below 15kmph, door locks again when speed goes back up above 15 kmph.

Anyone else faced with this issue? Any known fixes?

I had this issue 1 month or so after purchasing my car. This is due to issues with driver side door alignment and not any electrical problem. The service center should be able to fix this. Please tell them it's not an electrical problem and just the door needs to be aligned. Check for electrical problems only if the alignment doesn't work. Initially, for my car they checked earthing suspecting of an electrical problem. But the issue occurred again and finally it was found as the door alignment issue.

I had mentioned about this issue in my earlier post somewhere back in 2014.

Hi ,

Has anyone tried using Plastidip for Honda City Alloys ? I find the City alloys very boring. I am thinking of coating them with Plastidip in gunmetal sort of colour and finish.

Thanks,
Namit

Does Honda now offer DRL as an accessory yet? Or does it have to be procured and installed from outside?

Quote:

Originally Posted by namitkumar31 (Post 4121607)
Hi ,

Has anyone tried using Plastidip for Honda City Alloys ? I find the City alloys very boring. I am thinking of coating them with Plastidip in gunmetal sort of colour and finish.

Thanks,
Namit

Plastidip is not a good idea for alloys, it does not last.

Get them powder coated in matte black or satin finish. I recently saw a city with Matte black stock rims, they look much better than the original shade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 4121653)
Does Honda now offer DRL as an accessory yet? Or does it have to be procured and installed from outside?

Yes they do offer it at a very exorbitant price. They are DRL fog lamps. Which is for 5k(reasonable) And for the HID headlight assembly it's 25k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iss1307 (Post 4121791)
Yes they do offer it at a very exorbitant price. They are DRL fog lamps. Which is for 5k(reasonable) And for the HID headlight assembly it's 25k.

Are these available at dealerships? I dont see these listed on their wesbite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 4121955)
Are these available at dealerships? I dont see these listed on their wesbite.

Yes they are available at the dealerships! Not on the official website. Seems like they haven't updated their site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4120256)
Though a new issue has cropped up.

Welcome to the Honda family! You'll get used to the rattles. During the service, tell them to tighten the dashboard properly. All the ASS's know about the dashboard rattle issue.

Amaze sales overtake Honda City for the first time.

It is high time they come out with their 2017 refresh especially after refreshing the Amaze with a City like dash for people satisfied with interior look and feel.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...41-019921.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4122097)
Amaze sales overtake Honda City for the first time.

It is high time they come out with their 2017 refresh especially after refreshing the Amaze with a City like dash for people satisfied with interior look and feel.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...41-019921.html

I think this is due to the impending release of the facelift. They must be clearing their pre facelift stocks to make way for the new one.

The link claims that Honda is planning to launch "Next Generation" City by mid 2017. Sensationalism.lol:
Quote:

The current City is the fourth generation model and the company is planning to launch the next-generation model by mid-2017 in hopes of reviving the sales of the sedan.

Does Anyone find braking feel of honda city non linear compared to other cars?
In new honda city I have to fully press brake pedal while in other cars break pedal is hard to press and doesn't go fully down. I drove multiple honda city cars and found that all cars have same feel and its not problem with my car.
As speed increases the brake feel improves and at speeds greater than 89-90 brake bite is very strong and immediate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4123097)
Does Anyone find braking feel of honda city non linear compared to other cars?
In new honda city I have to fully press brake pedal while in other cars break pedal is hard to press and doesn't go fully down. I drove multiple honda city cars and found that all cars have same feel and its not problem with my car.
As speed increases the brake feel improves and at speeds greater than 89-90 brake bite is very strong and immediate.

You seem to have air in the system. Please show it to a competent machanic and get the air removed. Should solve the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4123330)
You seem to have air in the system. Please show it to a competent machanic and get the air removed. Should solve the issue.

I test drove other ANHCs as well and all have same braking feel as mine. So I dont think it is issue with my car brakes.