Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 07:30   #5341
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

My guess is a slightly jerky driving style (you'll get that if you try to shift to second without adequate speed / rpm built up) and something loose in your glove compartment rattling due to the jerk. Ignore it and maybe switch gears a bit smoother?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:09   #5342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
... i can hear the clutch make a noise (something like choon...) while pressing down and relieving. ....
Could be as simple as lack of lubrication at point where pedal spring is attached. A simple spray of 3M or similar lubricant should resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
..... Whenever she goes over an uneven road or a bump, the doors unlock and cabin lights come on. This happens irrespective of what speed I'm on. ....
Check for exposed wire on door switches. Typical function of for switch is to pass earth from body to relay. An exposed wire does the same.

Last edited by sudev : 3rd January 2017 at 09:12.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:50   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hello folks, my 2.5 year old City has picked up a new quirk. Whenever she goes over an uneven road or a bump, the doors unlock and cabin lights come on. This happens irrespective of what speed I'm on. Once the car slows down below 15kmph, door locks again when speed goes back up above 15 kmph.

Anyone else faced with this issue? Any known fixes?
I had this issue 1 month or so after purchasing my car. This is due to issues with driver side door alignment and not any electrical problem. The service center should be able to fix this. Please tell them it's not an electrical problem and just the door needs to be aligned. Check for electrical problems only if the alignment doesn't work. Initially, for my car they checked earthing suspecting of an electrical problem. But the issue occurred again and finally it was found as the door alignment issue.

I had mentioned about this issue in my earlier post somewhere back in 2014.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 20:01   #5344

Hi ,

Has anyone tried using Plastidip for Honda City Alloys ? I find the City alloys very boring. I am thinking of coating them with Plastidip in gunmetal sort of colour and finish.

Thanks,
Namit
Old 4th January 2017, 21:46   #5345
BHPian

Does Honda now offer DRL as an accessory yet? Or does it have to be procured and installed from outside?
Old 4th January 2017, 22:53   #5346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namitkumar31 View Post
Hi ,

Has anyone tried using Plastidip for Honda City Alloys ? I find the City alloys very boring. I am thinking of coating them with Plastidip in gunmetal sort of colour and finish.

Thanks,
Namit
Plastidip is not a good idea for alloys, it does not last.

Get them powder coated in matte black or satin finish. I recently saw a city with Matte black stock rims, they look much better than the original shade.
SumitBahl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 08:57   #5347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Does Honda now offer DRL as an accessory yet? Or does it have to be procured and installed from outside?
Yes they do offer it at a very exorbitant price. They are DRL fog lamps. Which is for 5k(reasonable) And for the HID headlight assembly it's 25k.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 12:25   #5348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Yes they do offer it at a very exorbitant price. They are DRL fog lamps. Which is for 5k(reasonable) And for the HID headlight assembly it's 25k.
Are these available at dealerships? I dont see these listed on their wesbite.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:35   #5349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Are these available at dealerships? I dont see these listed on their wesbite.
Yes they are available at the dealerships! Not on the official website. Seems like they haven't updated their site.
Old 5th January 2017, 13:33   #5350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Though a new issue has cropped up.
Welcome to the Honda family! You'll get used to the rattles. During the service, tell them to tighten the dashboard properly. All the ASS's know about the dashboard rattle issue.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 15:07   #5351
Senior - BHPian

Amaze sales overtake Honda City for the first time.

It is high time they come out with their 2017 refresh especially after refreshing the Amaze with a City like dash for people satisfied with interior look and feel.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...41-019921.html
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:48   #5352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Amaze sales overtake Honda City for the first time.

It is high time they come out with their 2017 refresh especially after refreshing the Amaze with a City like dash for people satisfied with interior look and feel.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...41-019921.html
I think this is due to the impending release of the facelift. They must be clearing their pre facelift stocks to make way for the new one.

The link claims that Honda is planning to launch "Next Generation" City by mid 2017. Sensationalism.
Quote:
The current City is the fourth generation model and the company is planning to launch the next-generation model by mid-2017 in hopes of reviving the sales of the sedan.

Last edited by deerhunter : 5th January 2017 at 16:50.
Old 6th January 2017, 22:23   #5353
BHPian

Does Anyone find braking feel of honda city non linear compared to other cars?
In new honda city I have to fully press brake pedal while in other cars break pedal is hard to press and doesn't go fully down. I drove multiple honda city cars and found that all cars have same feel and its not problem with my car.
As speed increases the brake feel improves and at speeds greater than 89-90 brake bite is very strong and immediate.
Old 7th January 2017, 13:36   #5354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Does Anyone find braking feel of honda city non linear compared to other cars?
In new honda city I have to fully press brake pedal while in other cars break pedal is hard to press and doesn't go fully down. I drove multiple honda city cars and found that all cars have same feel and its not problem with my car.
As speed increases the brake feel improves and at speeds greater than 89-90 brake bite is very strong and immediate.
You seem to have air in the system. Please show it to a competent machanic and get the air removed. Should solve the issue.
Old 7th January 2017, 14:56   #5355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
You seem to have air in the system. Please show it to a competent machanic and get the air removed. Should solve the issue.
I test drove other ANHCs as well and all have same braking feel as mine. So I dont think it is issue with my car brakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks