Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-37.html)

Mod Note : Off-topic posts moved to the Jazz thread. Please discuss only the Honda City here.

Thanks!

GTO / To those who did the TD of new Honda city.

Is the reverse parking camera provides only visual information or is also provides audio (i mean is it only a camera or are they providing camera + sensors)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpshah68 (Post 3343227)
Overdrive's Jan 2014 issue mentions the audio unit as a touchscreen even though actually it is not. Is it that the petrol version has a touchscreen and the diesel version has a non touchscreen unit?.

No trim, either in petrol or diesel, has a touchscreen audio unit. It is the ACC which has capacitive touch controls. Overdrive must have confused between the two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpshah68 (Post 3343227)
Overdrive's Jan 2014 issue mentions the audio unit as a touchscreen even though actually it is not. Is it that the petrol version has a touchscreen and the diesel version has a non touchscreen unit?.

As per the SA at Linkway Honda the touch screen is limited to the dialler pad during BT telephony. He had seen it during training. Not sure if that's possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3343428)
GTO / To those who did the TD of new Honda city. Is the reverse parking camera provides only visual information or is also provides audio (i mean is it only a camera or are they providing camera + sensors)?

It's only the camera. No sensors are provided. Checked the vx trim and could not see the sensors on the rear bumper

I will be taking delivery of my City VX-D today. An ownership review will be put up soon.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3343755)
I will be taking delivery of my City VX-D today. An ownership review will be put up soon.:)

Congrats!
Don't forget to share pics.

Quote:

Congratulations! I guess you will be the first BHPian to take home this new vehicle.

I'm sure you would have done extensive test rides, were you able to clock three digit speeds at any point? If yes how did the car behaved, I mean the stability, handling, steering etc.?

Cheers!

Quote:

Congrats on the new ride, what color did you pick, I remember you were keen on Golden Brown. Happy mile munching and look forward to your ownership report

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyfire2892 (Post 3343802)
Congrats!
Don't forget to share pics.

Thank You. I will surely share pics.
Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 3343811)
Congratulations! I guess you will be the first BHPian to take home this new vehicle.

I'm sure you would have done extensive test rides, were you able to clock three digit speeds at any point? If yes how did the car behaved, I mean the stability, handling, steering etc.?

Cheers!

Thanks a lot. I did a couple of short test drives. No highway runs so no three digit speeds. But it was pretty capable upto 80 kph in the 4th cog. The power delivery is rather seamless.
Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 3343920)
Congrats on the new ride, what color did you pick, I remember you were keen on Golden Brown. Happy mile munching and look forward to your ownership report

I picked up black as it was readily available. I was keen on the CVT, but realised the car would be used a lot more so picked up the diesel. A diesel automatic would have been ideal.

My friend got his white City I-Dtec VX on 11-Jan-14. It has set him back by Rs. 13.53 lakhs approx. He got it delivered from Nellore though he stays in Vijayawada. On his way back to Vijayawada, the MID showed around 21kmpl on highway a distance of around 260-270 kms. This is a small update received from him. Thanks.

Congrats //M, looking forward to your initial observations.
I was invited to the showroom in Sion today for a test drive and when I got there, before opening time, so that I could be first in line and get to my office ASAP, I was very disappointed and a little annoyed that the vehicle was not yet registered for the road, so could only drive around the showroom premises and a small side road. That sucked. I think the dealers should at least let us know of the facts so that the potential customer is not inconvenienced, having to come many times.
So, those intending to visit for a TD, clarify this point over the phone first.
And the new brown colour looked stunning.

Excellent review GTO. Almost like an encyclopedia kind of reference material on car review. Reading it was like a virtual "Test Drive":D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3344018)
My friend got his white City I-Dtec VX on 11-Jan-14. It has set him back by Rs. 13.53 lakhs approx. He got it delivered from Nellore though he stays in Vijayawada. On his way back to Vijayawada, the MID showed around 21kmpl on highway a distance of around 260-270 kms. This is a small update received from him. Thanks.

21 Kmpl is quite impressive!
Why should everything cost more at Bangalore!??? That variant is almost 65K more here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarPatel (Post 3344037)
Congrats //M, looking forward to your initial observations.
I was invited to the showroom in Sion today for a test drive and when I got there, before opening time, so that I could be first in line and get to my office ASAP, I was very disappointed and a little annoyed that the vehicle was not yet registered for the road, so could only drive around the showroom premises and a small side road. That sucked. I think the dealers should at least let us know of the facts so that the potential customer is not inconvenienced, having to come many times.
So, those intending to visit for a TD, clarify this point over the phone first.
And the new brown colour looked stunning.

I believe that's the Apex Honda showroom at Sion. They also have a showroom at Santacruz (West) where they offer the diesel version for a test drive on road. However when inquired whether the car would be available for PDI at the time of delivery (before registration) they flatly refused saying its against their 'company policy'. Further they were quite firm on saying that the customer has to accept whats given at the time of delivery without any hangups. Found this to be a little weird. Customer service at the Santacruz showroom was also poor probably because they have a lot of enquiries and bookings.

Quote:

Hey Arunabh!

That's a big news. Congratulations on taking home one of the first Citys on the forum. Pictures will really be necessary!

Regards,
Saket