Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2017, 21:25   #5581
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
If you have a Honda Assure Policy, any kind of Glass Replacement upto Rs. 20,000, dealer has authority to start working on it immediately. No need for any Insurance Provider Approval. I am pretty sure, the Windshield cost is inside of Rs. 20,000.

Check Point No. 5 of the attachment. This was received by me when I renewed my car insurance last year.
Thanks for this information. I will talk to the dealer tomorrow itself and get this rectified. And then I will update this forum about my experience.
Old 25th April 2017, 23:57   #5582
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been till now been denied warranty claims due to upsize of tyres, for example to 195/60/R15 ? Asking out of curiosity incase something ever comes up.
Old 26th April 2017, 00:54   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I have been driving iDTECH-SV since June 2014. A month back, I realized that my windscreen is showing a fine crack, traversing from top to down. The crack is about 8 inches now. Just to find the root cause I did a physical inspection and I realized that there seems to be stone chip hit on the top of the windshield. Which seem to have caused this fine crack, which is now eventually increasing.
I have few questions for the esteemed community:
1. I talked to Windshield experts. They claim they will replace with the same AIS windshield. They want INR 1250 as I have a zero-dep insurance policy. They want me to submit the documents and want me to come after 3 days and get the glass replaced in 30 minutes.
2. I also talked to Honda dealership, they want INR 1100 and they want the car to be there with them for 3 days and they will replace and inform me.
3. Also I know that the top City model has some special heat resistant windshield. Can I get my current windshield with this heat resistant one?

Any suggestions from the community as to from whom I should get the windshield replaced and can I get the heat resistant one?
Hello harpreetsubhi,

As I have had the worst luck with the front windshield of the Honda City(5 windshields in 3 years, all stone chips, and subsequent cracks), I hope I can guide you. (Last stone chip and crack was 3 weeks back which I have got it repaired last week)

As I have the top end VX, the windshield is different. I am not sure about the sound deadening properties or the heat resistance, but the windshield has a ceramic coating around the area of IRVM which helps during summer against the glare from the sun.

Cost of the above-said windshield (with sealant, fitting costs, taxes, etc)
-At Honda ASC: Rs. 13000/- (approx) [With insurance claim you already know the pricing]
-At Windshield Experts: Rs. 7800/- (approx)

Since I usually use insurance claims for the front windshield, I usually replace it at the Honda ASC. Also, both the Honda ASC, as well as Windshield Experts, recommend not driving the car for a day so that the windshield can seal up properly. The time Honda ASC takes to replace the windshield depends on the parts availability and also with which insurance company you are tied to through Honda Assure.

I hope I could be of some help to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Has anyone been till now been denied warranty claims due to upsize of tyres, for example to 195/60/R15 ? Asking out of curiosity incase something ever comes up.
Hello Altacumulus,

If you get problems related to the suspension or the steering, you could be denied warranty, but that also depends on the mileage your car has driven. Parts like the suspension are wear and tear parts and over time you will need to get them replaced like the tires themselves or the clutch plate.
Other warranty claims like electrical components, engine components can be claimed, provided you explain how the tires and the failed part are not connected. (For example, the tires and the ICE)
Old 26th April 2017, 03:33   #5584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post

Cost of the above-said windshield (with sealant, fitting costs, taxes, etc)
-At Honda ASC: Rs. 13000/- (approx) [With insurance claim you already know the pricing]
-At Windshield Experts: Rs. 7800/- (approx)
Hi

I have had a bad experience with Windshield Experts. I replaced my Spark's windshield some days back and ended up with a broken interior rear view mirror. I will not recommend them.
Old 26th April 2017, 18:57   #5585
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty would be void for suspensions only due to tyre upsize. If you have a good rapport with the service center then that won't be an issue.

Note that warranty for suspensions is only for 2 years/40,000 kms whichever is earlier for City.
Old 26th April 2017, 21:56   #5586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Warranty would be void for suspensions only due to tyre upsize. If you have a good rapport with the service center then that won't be an issue.

Note that warranty for suspensions is only for 2 years/40,000 kms whichever is earlier for City.
So an extended warranty of 3 or 4 years doesnt cover the suspension ?
Old 26th April 2017, 23:43   #5587
BHPian

I lost by primary key (with keyless entry) and the dealer is asking for rs 5100/- for a replacement. Is it that expensive?
Old 26th April 2017, 23:53   #5588
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post

Agree with Adarsh. We have a 2012 Honda City in the family running on 195/60/R15 tyres here in Kolkata. A minor issue had been identified with the left rear shock absorber by ASS during routine service and was replaced- no questions asked. But I must also mention that this was pinnacle honda and my father has a very good rapport with the service-in-charge.
Old 27th April 2017, 09:23   #5589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
So an extended warranty of 3 or 4 years doesnt cover the suspension ?
No, extended warranty doesn't cover suspensions. Once you replace the suspensions (provided by Honda) with new ones warranty might be applicable again. But I am not quite sure about this. Need to confirm.
Old 30th April 2017, 11:24   #5590
BHPian

Is there a pdf/ online version of the Owner's manual available somewhere? I checked the Honda site but for some strange reason, they appear to have put the manuals only for Jazz and WRV.
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:08   #5591
BHPian

One of the Philips Extreme Vision low beam bulbs fused after 2 yrs 8 months of use last week. Ordered Osram Night Breaker Unlimited as replacement on Amazon Prime and they got delivered today. Noticed a considerable improvement in brightness over Philips XV.
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:17   #5592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
One of the Philips Extreme Vision low beam bulbs fused after 2 yrs 8 months of use last week. Ordered Osram Night Breaker Unlimited as replacement on Amazon Prime and they got delivered today. Noticed a considerable improvement in brightness over Philips XV.
I have the same on my City. Do let me know how it performs in rains. I am not that happy with the NBs in rain.
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:48   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same on my City. Do let me know how it performs in rains. I am not that happy with the NBs in rain.

Ok, will do. Do you think the NBU doesn't hold up in the rain due to the "whitish" tinge in the light?
Old 3rd May 2017, 08:37   #5594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... I am not that happy with the NBs in rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
...Do you think the NBU doesn't hold up in the rain due to the "whitish" tinge in the light?
These type of bulbs with whitish/bluish tinge emit light at a higher colour temperature and is more intense, has a better spread and brigter compared to regular halogen lamps, there no question about that.

The problem is that our eyes are not designed to properly interpret views of objects at these higher colour temperatures.
The stock halogens may be dull/less intense with yellowish white light, but our eyes are more comfortable to view and interpret information at these lower colour temperatures.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 3rd May 2017 at 08:39.
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:36   #5595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
These type of bulbs with whitish/bluish tinge emit light at a higher colour temperature and is more intense, has a better spread and brigter compared to regular halogen lamps, there no question about that.

The problem is that our eyes are not designed to properly interpret views of objects at these higher colour temperatures.
The stock halogens may be dull/less intense with yellowish white light, but our eyes are more comfortable to view and interpret information at these lower colour temperatures.

I would agree if you were to refer to the Diamond vision or Cool intense blue series from Philips and Osram respectively, but not for Extreme Vision or Night Breaker Unlimited. And I speak as an experienced user.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks