Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2018, 22:00   #6001
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Guys, need some help. My car (iDTEC VMT) is taken for 70K (Odo reading 65k) service this monday, during that time i have complained of a rattling noice coming from somewhere near the break pedals. I was suspecting issue with steering column. Anyhow for the last 5 days service center guys are trying to identify the root cause of the problem with out much success. Till now the following tests are done.

1. Loose items inside dash board (dash bord was ripped apart and checked thoroughly. removed meter console and wirings too)
2. Bonet and hinges
3. A B C pedals
4. Steering column and Universal Joint (They replaced it with their demo car's and did test, still the noise exist)
5. Stabilizer bar bushes
6. All the plubmings near fire wall.
7. Airbag module inside steering

So basically we are in a deadlock now. Would greatly appreciate if you can suggest any other area to check. curious to know if any other City owners has faced similar issue.
Old 18th February 2018, 22:07   #6002
BHPian

Has anyone did this upgrade? https://www.autoglam.in/honda/city/a...ctor-headlight

I am surprised with the "FAQ" section of it, especially the "manufacturer's Warranty" question.

If anyone has a real time experience with this kit, please share.
Also, whats the take on its pricing?

Prem.
Old 21st February 2018, 07:41   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrrooommm View Post
Guys, need some help. My car (iDTEC VMT) is taken for 70K (Odo reading 65k) service this monday, during that time i have complained of a rattling noice coming from somewhere near the break pedals. I was suspecting issue with steering column. Anyhow for the last 5 days service center guys are trying to identify the root cause of the problem with out much success. Till now the following tests are done.

..curious to know if any other City owners has faced similar issue.

I too had a lot of noise coming from the right hand side during running since the time of the delivery of the car but the service center guys were unable to sort it out. Ofcourse there was no noise from anywhere near the brake pedals. Eventually I had the inside door panel removed and inspected and found that the impact absorbing area of the door where the protective rods are fixed was not properly done. One of the rods was loose and giving rise to the noise. After fixing it the noise has reduced considerably. However some amount of vibrating noise still persists. Probably because of the inner door panel vibrating during running. Hope this helps.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th March 2018 at 00:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
mpshah68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 12:04   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
I too had a lot of noise coming from the right hand side during running since the time of the delivery of the car but the service center guys were unable to sort it out.
Thank you mpshah68; i have passed on this information to the SA.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st February 2018 at 12:08.
Old 21st February 2018, 16:25   #6005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Has anyone did this upgrade? https://www.autoglam.in/honda/city/a...ctor-headlight

I am surprised with the "FAQ" section of it, especially the "manufacturer's Warranty" question.

If anyone has a real time experience with this kit, please share.
Also, whats the take on its pricing?

Prem.
Technically it should not be a problem because it would be plug and play and within the existing wattage as well. But service center guys are looking for excuses anyways. Since it's the entire assembly I think it is fine but why would you want to spend so much.
Alternatively, Xenon planet I know works on the existing assembly itself and I have personally seen their work on a couple of friends cars. Brilliant to say the least. Also their support is very good as well. I am currently in talks with their Bangalore installer for the low beams.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 21st February 2018 at 16:27.
Old 21st February 2018, 16:34   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Technically it should not be a problem because it would be plug and play and within the existing wattage as well. But service center guys are looking for excuses anyways. Since it's the entire assembly I think it is fine but why would you want to spend so much.
Alternatively, Xenon planet I know works on the existing assembly itself and I have personally seen their work on a couple of friends cars. Brilliant to say the least. Also their support is very good as well. I am currently in talks with their Bangalore installer for the low beams.
Well, I am still exploring, but not ready to spend this much, for sure.
Can you PM me the contact of the Bangalore installer that deals with Xenon planet?

BTW, I am told, just the Xenon bulbs wouldn't help much with the existing assembly [read reflector]. What is your take on this?

Prem.
Old 21st February 2018, 17:57   #6007
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Agreed totally. My bill has never crossed 3-4 k till the 70k service to date. My brakes and battery have gotten replaced but that was out of service. I've also had a tire change but that was due to an accident due to which it burst.

Stick to the manual very firmly for first 2 minutes and the SA on his own will stop pushing. Also tell him about these scams on team bhp
For me the maximum has been around 4700. Definitely this guy has been cheated by the service station and should complain to Honda. Few days ago I did a 30k service and took my own synthetic oil. The Honda bill came around Rs 2500 (excluding engine oil).

Last edited by mxh : 21st February 2018 at 17:59.
Old 21st February 2018, 18:02   #6008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Well, I am still exploring, but not ready to spend this much, for sure.
Can you PM me the contact of the Bangalore installer that deals with Xenon planet?

BTW, I am told, just the Xenon bulbs wouldn't help much with the existing assembly [read reflector]. What is your take on this?

Prem.
I will PM you the contact.

They will fix a projector lens and shroud. That would ensure a cutoff which wouldnt hamper oncoming traffic, more light due to HID and proper focus.
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:08   #6009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I will PM you the contact.

They will fix a projector lens and shroud. That would ensure a cutoff which wouldnt hamper oncoming traffic, more light due to HID and proper focus.
Hi Altocumulus, can you please share how much does this setup cost? TIA
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:48   #6010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi Altocumulus, can you please share how much does this setup cost? TIA
I believe the MRP is 18000 plus installation for FXR projector kit (complete). There are a few cheaper ones as well.

I am however now moving to upgrading the fogs rather than the headlights. It's cheaper and the fogs are bixenon which means it has low and high beam as well which changes with your headlight's high and low beam. Another advantage is your stock fogs stay with you, so you can revert to stock form anytime.

HOWEVER, there is a thread from Dr.Naren where there are a few users who were very unhappy with XP service. The product and improvement is very good, but I guess service left a bad taste which is a downer. The saving grace is, they are very happy with Shyam Hegde who is their Bangalore contact. Other than that I have a few friends as well who are very happy with XP and I have personally seen their installs. Need to speak to Shyam in detail and then take the plunge.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 12:27   #6011
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded the Low Beam for my 2014 Honda City to LASFit LED Bulbs which support dual color of operation. I have posted a detailed report on my ownership thread here for people interested: URL
Old 14th March 2018, 00:09   #6012
BHPian

@Vrrooommm @mpshah68 was the rattling issue sorted since the last update. Irritating rattle behind the dashboard and want to get it solved during the next ASC visit
Old 20th March 2018, 09:45   #6013
BHPian

Has anybody had a Suspension Overhaul in the 4th Gen Honda City?

There must be quite a few owners who would have completed almost 4 Years of Ownership as well as a good 60-70K kms till date. I myself will complete 4 Years of Ownership next month with around 53-54K Kms on ODO.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:49   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi Prem, I have settled on Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road for all my services post my experiences at other dealerships in Bangalore. I can suggest you to go to the Service Advisor that I go to who is a no nonsense fellow and doesn't recommend anything beyond what the car actually requires and as recommended by Honda. He also recommended me not to change oil every 6 months (unless I have done more than 10k in that period if I am using Honda synthetic oil which in any case costs Rs 200 more than mineral oil). Ping me and I will share his contact details with you. That should sort your experience as a Honda customer :-)
Hi OutdoorLover,

I will appreciate, If you can PM me the SA details at dakshin honda Hosur road for Honda City servicing.

Apologies for broadcast... still a newbie, can't PM :-(

Rgds
Old 20th March 2018, 21:41   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
@Vrrooommm @mpshah68 was the rattling issue sorted since the last update. Irritating rattle behind the dashboard and want to get it solved during the next ASC visit
Nope they kept the car for 10 days, still couldnt identify the cause of it. Decided to live with it, or look into it if it get worse.
For dashboard rattling the common causes in 4th gen city is
1. Plastic part on top of speedo meter console
2. Loose plastic cover outside between windshield and bonnet, which is covering wiper motor and plumping.

Please ask them to check these 2 areas before digging down further.

Most Viewed