Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-407.html)

@ashis89 I agree. had a similar experience with my V CVT, but security is my primary concern and I felt safest in the Honda City due to the excellent braking system.

Hi Guys, I will be taking the delivery of my VX CVT Petrol in Pune this sunday.:):) Any recommendations for the accessories and underbody coating+paint protection that I should be getting from the dealer or from outside for a brand new car? I am planning to get the bumper and door protection strips installed from the dealer. But I have read some posts about dealer not offering quality services for underbody coating + paint protection treatment (3M). Is this the same case for Crystal Honda in Pune? Also where can I get better treatments done in Pune?

TL;DR:
If you're spending your own money, then invest in Paint Protection Film and Underbody Coating from 3M and ignore the list below. Absolutely worth it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_SRK (Post 4420354)
Hi Guys, I will be taking the delivery of my VX CVT Petrol in Pune this sunday.:):) Any recommendations for the accessories and underbody coating+paint protection that I should be getting from the dealer or from outside for a brand new car?

If you're being offered a certain amount's worth of accessories, then here's a list in descending order of preference:

Bumper and Door Protectors (Strip),
Reverse Parking Sensors (a welcome addition to the camera)
WiFi Dongle (because Honda's AVN is cheap enough not to include inbuilt WiFi)
3D Mats (if you're not opting for 3M noodle mats)
Honda Connect (useful car info and tracking)
Door Visors(if you're okay with the looks and want the functionality)

Quote:

I am planning to get the bumper and door protection strips installed from the dealer.

The bumper protectors are worth it. So are the strip protectors for the door. The door edge protectors (about the size of a finger), not so much given the design of the door wherein the region covering the protector will not be the first to be hit.

Quote:

But I have read some posts about dealer not offering quality services for underbody coating + paint protection treatment (3M). Is this the same case for Crystal Honda in Pune? Also where can I get better treatments done in Pune?

If it's a freebie offered by the dealer, then try and negotiate for something else. In my case I was offered between that and the Reverse Parking Sensors. In any case, the dealer's work will not be great. You'll feel the need to visit 3M anyway.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. I merely own a Honda City 20th Anniversary Edition:D.

Can anyone please let me know which service center, or even service advisor to connect with? I'm sick of the multiple dashboard rattles, and number of minor squeaks in the entire car - 2014 VMT. Whitefield Honda is full of SAs who just want to inflate the bill, and have no intention of solving any issues mentioned by the customer. :Frustrati

Hi guys, joining the clan. Just purchased my 2014 December VX sunroof. The car is great but the ICE is changed to Mapmyindia 301. The system is just pathetic and is causing a lot of rattles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 4422672)
Can anyone please let me know which service center, or even service advisor to connect with? I'm sick of the multiple dashboard rattles, and number of minor squeaks in the entire car - 2014 VMT. Whitefield Honda is full of SAs who just want to inflate the bill, and have no intention of solving any issues mentioned by the customer. :Frustrati

Honda really needs to intervene and fix the service stations issue. They always try to inflate bill by offering useless things and don't resolve the real issues reported by customers. Throughout my warranty period I made multiple complaints about my gearshift which was not moving smoothly, power windows not working randomly but it was never rectified.

After following this thread for more than 3 months and comparing it to its rivals I finally decided to join the clan with V-MT in Alabaster Silver shade.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20180720_110743670_hdr.jpg

Having used a Honda Amaze iDtec for 5yrs now and clocking 70K+ kms on it. It was time for it do urban duties. Retired my 5yr old Hyundai i10 Era which was a superb city use car.

The car cost me 11.47L OTR Goa. Had booked the car before price hike hence saved the extra 1% tax on cars with ex-showroom prices above 10L. My ex was 9.90L.

Got leatherette seat covers (Like ones I'm VX), matting, under body coating, antirust body coating/polish, rear parking sensors, door handle protectors, leather steering wheel cover and door edge garnish along with the car as freebies.

I really wanted my car to have the all LED headlamp unit that came in the top spec VX. But didn't want the sunroof as I would never use one. 16" wheels didn't really matter much to me. But an excess of 2.3L over the V-MT just for the LED treatment wasnt convincing enough for me hence settled for V. First thing on card is car after delivery goes for a tyre change. Upsizing to Continental Max Contact MC5 in 195/60-R15. The tyre dealer is buying back at 3.5K/tyre. MC5 costs 5.9K here in Goa. Will get 4 tyres changed for additional 10K including wheel balancing.

Will share my experience with the City once it arrives and I start driving it around. Car is scheduled for delivery next Friday. I visited the dealership to check the vehicle that arrived followed by PDI.

[ATTACH=IMG_20180720_110804093_HDR.jpg]

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20180720_105724830_hdr.jpg[/ATTACH]

Quote:

Agree with you completely - my experience with Dakshin Honda (Magrath Road) has been the same. Recently got the car serviced there and they added couple of useless items like "AC Blower Motor Cleaning" and what not. The car was not clean at the time of delivery and I escalated the same and they did improvise before handing over the car but the overall experience was negative. Although I must remark that the Service Head Sunil there is an exception and extremely customer friendly.

Here is another instance where Honda Service Center was trying to rip off and someone took to twitter: URL. Maybe Honda has recruited too many guys from Hyundai? lol:

If it is the rattles I would recommend that you head to Magnum Honda on Kanakapura Road - that is where I managed to get the rattles sorted out the last time that they occured.

Does anyone here have a S or the SV model from 2014 to 2016 (prior to facelift). Want to have a discussion regarding some compatibility issues with electeonics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000rpm (Post 4433622)
Does anyone here have a S or the SV model from 2014 to 2016 (prior to facelift). Want to have a discussion regarding some compatibility issues with electeonics.

Check the following thread : URL

Try contacting harry10 via his ownership thread or PM him.

Latest service experience: There is total havoc going on in Solitaire Honda Andheri Mumbai. Way too many cars, no space, no call back from service advisor, whether the requested work is even being done is a question mark, loads of disgruntled and fighting customers.

As usual the service advisor tried to inflate the price by 3x of even fixed price items - Since this is occurring every time, I guess Honda is in collusion with the service centres to inflate the bill and has no checks and balances to see that the service station is not cheating the customer. Also, it takes at least 1 hour to give the car and over 1 hour to get the car back (this is after reaching the service station). All in all a horrible experience, Honda needs to look into it immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4435011)
Latest service experience: There is total havoc going on in Solitaire Honda Andheri Mumbai. Way too many cars, no space, no call back from service advisor, whether the requested work is even being done is a question mark, loads of disgruntled and fighting customers.

As usual the service advisor tried to inflate the price by 3x of even fixed price items - Since this is occurring every time, I guess Honda is in collusion with the service centres to inflate the bill and has no checks and balances to see that the service station is not cheating the customer. Also, it takes at least 1 hour to give the car and over 1 hour to get the car back (this is after reaching the service station). All in all a horrible experience, Honda needs to look into it immediately.

I would suggest you to try Arya Honda Bhandup. Never had any issues with them apart from SA trying to sell unnecessary stuff which is usual across all ASCs. All my services for the last 4 years were done there. Although I moved to an FNG to save some money over the ASC post warranty and also due to the benefit of slightly longer service interval considering the running of the car.

Quote:

Totally agree. This nonsense of inventing unnecessary services has to stop. What was offered to me this time was a rat protection net for somewhere around 3000/-. The way he presented it to me was as as if my car's engine would be gwaned away by rats the very next day if I don't do it. I am very careful these days with SA's imaginative services.

This time I tried Saphire Honda's service station near Bellandur. Overall things looked good and I don't have any complaints about their service. Looked less crowded than Whitefiled Honda, Magnum Honda etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxh (Post 4435011)

Solitaire Honda Andheri already has a dedicated thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2457899

If possible and if the car is not under warranty you could try a good garage. If you want to take it to Honda go to Linkway Honda Chandivali and ask for Senthil. He is the decent one of the lot. You can give my reference as Sumeet with the Civic. Call on their no and see if he available before going.

Hello All

I saw this kind of mud flap on rear wheels of All New Amaze. Look the image below. This is missing on City. I want to install the same on my 2012 iVtec. It's a much needed accessory, as this area tends to gather a lot of dirt, and holds it for long. I don't find this particular accessory online. Please help.