Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:39   #6136
BHPian

VX model type feel for number plate light!

For all those non VX model owners who like that white light glow on the rear number plate on offer on the top end VX trim.

There is a very simple, VFM & quality solution.

Rather than opting for the cheap chinese LED's which are known to fail, flicker or give out not that premium looking white light opt for the Osram Parking LED bulbs. The are truly a quality product with 2years warranty. Yes, 2yrs worth of warranty!!

My friends have been using the same on their cars and bikes since long. Its nice and white. Likes ones on premium cars (or even VW's) and are bright too.

Should be available at any known automotive accessories shop in your town/city. If not then hit the Amazon link below.Seller is Cloudtail and is reliable.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 14:15   #6137
BHPian

Re: VX model type feel for number plate light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
For all those non VX model owners who like that white light glow on the rear number plate on offer on the top end VX trim.

There is a very simple, VFM & quality solution.

Rather than opting for the cheap chinese LED's which are known to fail, flicker or give out not that premium looking white light opt for the Osram Parking LED bulbs. The are truly a quality product with 2years warranty. Yes, 2yrs worth of warranty!!

My friends have been using the same on their cars and bikes since long. Its nice and white. Likes ones on premium cars (or even VW's) and are bright too.

Should be available at any known automotive accessories shop in your town/city. If not then hit the Amazon link below.Seller is Cloudtail and is reliable.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Can these be used for the parking lights in the headlamp? Does anybody know the socket type for the parking light bulb in the headlamp ? I was thinking of changing the parking light to LED and then use it like a DRL. (For safety) Mine is 2014 city, which does not have a DRL.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 17:04   #6138
BHPian

Re: VX model type feel for number plate light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Can these be used for the parking lights in the headlamp? Does anybody know the socket type for the parking light bulb in the headlamp ? I was thinking of changing the parking light to LED and then use it like a DRL. (For safety) Mine is 2014 city, which does not have a DRL.
Yeap. Definitely can be used for parking lights. Most of the parking light bulbs are T10 connectors and City won't be different either. So go ahead. You will love the look and brightness it has to offer.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:20   #6139
BHPian

Headlight Upgrade!

I plan to upgrade the headlight of my newly acquired City (Specifically the low beam)

I had almost finalised on to be launched Philips Racing Vision 150% bulbs as they are even better than Osram Night Breaker Laser. Also it has bagged the bulb of the year 2017 in UK. They are been launched in H4 & H7 socket type only. And as per user manual low beam is H11 and high beam is HB3 hence I cannot look forward to opting them.

Anyone here has changed their bulbs on 2017 City model to better ones? If yes which ones?

I would be glad if anyone could help me out.

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:41   #6140
Senior - BHPian

Re: Headlight Upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
I plan to upgrade the headlight of my newly acquired City (Specifically the low beam)

I had almost finalised on to be launched Philips Racing Vision 150% bulbs as they are even better than Osram Night Breaker Laser. Also it has bagged the bulb of the year 2017 in UK. They are been launched in H4 & H7 socket type only. And as per user manual low beam is H11 and high beam is HB3 hence I cannot look forward to opting them.
Anyone here has changed their bulbs on 2017 City model to better ones? If yes which ones?
I would be glad if anyone could help me out.
Thanks
You might want to check powerbulbs.com. They have OSRAM,GE, PIAA and Philips. As I recall, latest iteration of GE Megalight is quite good. In this website though Racing vision is not available as H11 or HB3. You might want to check Osram Nightbreaker Laser gen 2. Regarding website, they are genuine and honor warranty without much fuss. Only downside, takes about 3-4 weeks before you lay hands on the product.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 12:10   #6141
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Folks,

Has anyone tried plonking a Tablet with Amp as AV solution for Honda City ?
Old 28th August 2018, 23:43   #6142

The key fab is saying low battery. What's the cost of new battery?

Can I get it replaced anywhere or should I get it done at service center?
Old 29th August 2018, 00:37   #6143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
The key fab is saying low battery. What's the cost of new battery?

Can I get it replaced anywhere or should I get it done at service center?
When the key fob of my SX4 had low battery, I first explored the shops that sell watches. But they did not have it or they quoted Rs. 150, which I felt high. I searched online but the price was still high and they needed me to buy a set of 3.

Finally, I got it at Rs. 60 from a car decor.
Old 29th August 2018, 08:28   #6144
BHPian

Small Watch repair shops will always sell it at exorbitant price and you will never know if it is a good one. I don't know how much Honda charges. Would love to know that. I asked my local hardware shop guy to get me one from his suppliers and he gave it to me for 25 bucks.
My situation was slightly different, since I wanted one as spare while going on a long road trip.
Old 29th August 2018, 12:04   #6145
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
What's the cost of new battery ?
The MRP is 441 rupees. This is the 2012 City's remote battery (imported from Japan), will have to check if the same battery is used for the 4th gen Citys or not.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20180829wa0005.jpg

Last edited by OSH : 29th August 2018 at 12:09.
Old 29th August 2018, 19:14   #6146
BHPian

Hello all, I have a 2018 Honda City iVtec V MT. The car has been great, but I have a couple of niggling issues.

1. The Horn. It was perfect but lately I see that one of the horns stops functioning occasionally. Its not always, it just alternates. Has anyone else faced this?

And the service people say it's normal and were pushing me to get VW group like horns for 2300. I know for a fact that this isn't normal and it was pointless arguing as I had to leave, and getting the other horn is something I am interested in as I had it on my previous car and it was perfect, but should it cost 2300? I had Bosch horns on my car and it costed 1000 bucks back in 2011! The thing about Honda's horn is that it comes with warranty and no other part's warranties are affected.

2. Rattle. I have noticed a rattle from the dashboard and I lucked into identifying it as a noise from the ORVM adjustment button. Can this be rectified without the service center pulling apart the dashboard?
Old 29th August 2018, 20:46   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Hello all, I have a 2018 Honda City iVtec V MT. The car has been great, but I have a couple of niggling issues.

1. The Horn. It was perfect but lately I see that one of the horns stops functioning occasionally. Its not always, it just alternates. Has anyone else faced this?

And the service people say it's normal and were pushing me to get VW group like horns for 2300. I know for a fact that this isn't normal and it was pointless arguing as I had to leave, and getting the other horn is something I am interested in as I had it on my previous car and it was perfect, but should it cost 2300? I had Bosch horns on my car and it costed 1000 bucks back in 2011! The thing about Honda's horn is that it comes with warranty and no other part's warranties are affected.
I have faced similar issue twice in 2015 VMT, got horns replaced under warranty both times free of cost from deccan honda pune.
Old 30th August 2018, 07:30   #6148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
I have faced similar issue twice in 2015 VMT, got horns replaced under warranty both times free of cost from deccan honda pune.
Have you faced issues after the replacement? Or has the issue been solved? How long have you been using this horn post replacement?
Old 30th August 2018, 08:14   #6149
BHPian

Shouldn't the 2019 Honda City be coming soon?
Old 30th August 2018, 08:33   #6150
BHPian

A dear friend is looking for a Honda City Petrol. He is skeptical about the below points, you all who have been owning and driving the City for a long time can help.

1. Many owners of City call it a heavy drinker. With a city average of as less as 7-8 and highways not good either being 11-13 kmpl (petrol)
2. After 10k kms the parts start rattling. Apparently it is getting worse than Maruti which has improved it's fit and finish with Ciaz.
3. The low ground clearance scrapes at speed breakers especially in the interiors.
4. The suspensions are very soft making the ride boat like feeling.
5. Spares are very expensive especially the clutch plate and brake pads. Wear and tear is very frequent and early.

Please help to understand the truth in the above.

Most Viewed