Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 21:01   #6211
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Agree with you, even I've noticed this since I own both cars. City NVH is a bit worse, probably due to the shoddy noise insulation, hardly any beading on the doors etc, an area in which Hyundai excels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I know right. City sounds so loud at 100, much louder than a grandi10 petrol also.
Exactly. How I wish it had a 6 MT for much more relaxed cruising on the highways. Almost 3K is a bit much for 100 kmph I feel. Love the engine note though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
2900. A six speed manual would be great for cruising speeds of 100-110 though.
Old 26th October 2018, 17:08   #6212
BHPian

I will be taking my Honda city V MT(Petrol) for 2nd paid servicing over this weekend. However the car has run only 3k kilometers from last service done 6 months back. I am thinking of not changing the engine oil as it's not even halfway mark of it's designated range. I also doubt if the fully synthetic engine oil will have any quality degradation over a period of 6 months. I plan to change after completion of around 7k kilometers from last oil change or during the next service whichever comes earlier.

I am planning on asking the SA to check oil quality and top-up if required instead of full oil change. Not sure if this will have any effect on the warranty.

Suggestions are welcome.
Old 28th October 2018, 09:07   #6213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I also doubt if the fully synthetic engine oil will have any quality degradation over a period of 6 months. I plan to change after completion of around 7k kilometers from last oil change or during the next service whichever comes earlier.

I am planning on asking the SA to check oil quality and top-up if required instead of full oil change. Not sure if this will have any effect on the warranty.

Suggestions are welcome.
Quoting my own post. Checked with SA and he is adamant on change of engine oil as viscosity must have degraded over 6 months. In other words, he accepted that life of fully synthetic engine oil used in Honda cars is 6 months and not adhering to it will affect warranty.

He was trying to sell the usual stuffs like AC duct cleaning, Engine compartment clean which I politely refused.

Estimate is around 6k with a major chunk on labor.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 08:54   #6214
BHPian

Guys,
I need some expert suggestion. I am in look out for better headlights for night driving and I see a few jazzy options @ https://www.autoglam.in/honda/city.

Anyone tried one of these? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 4th November 2018, 09:11   #6215
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2014 iDTEC V hit the 1lakh km mark. A frugal workhorse that will never break down in the middle of the night, but let down by shoddy build quality.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20181102_010400.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Guys,
I need some expert suggestion. I am in look out for better headlights for night driving and I see a few jazzy options @ https://www.autoglam.in/honda/city.

Thanks!
3 years with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited. I had a pair for the high beams. A definite but mild improvement over stock bulbs. I am back on the originals now and an contemplating going for HIDs or BiLEDs from Morimoto. The standard headlights are just not suitable for highway driving.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2018 at 10:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 08:37   #6216
BHPian

Hey guys, I've run into some issue and seeking some help.

Couple months back I got Sony XAV-AX5000 installed in my 2015 i-vtec, in doing so the steering wheel audio controls were lost and I couldn't make the time to have it fixed.
Now yesterday I went in to get it done but have been unable to do so. Apparently for it to work Sony has a cable named RC-SR1 which I have but the problem I am facing is this wire has additional sub wires, Input 1, Input 2 and Ground, I am not able to figure out which wire has to be connected to which (color/pin) wire in the coupler which goes into the unit, according to the manual it should be Ground with Black and Input 1 with green but this hasn't worked, and so haven't other wires we've tried and connected to.

Anybody here who had an aftermarket unit installed has an idea how to retain this or someone who has the knowledge of this can explain me better what needs to be done, thank you.

Attaching few pics for better understading.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screenshot-20181105-8.34.39-am.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 5th November 2018 at 08:39.
Old 5th November 2018, 11:01   #6217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Hey guys, I've run into some issue and seeking some help.

Anybody here who had an aftermarket unit installed has an idea how to retain this or someone who has the knowledge of this can explain me better what needs to be done, thank you.

Attaching few pics for better understading.
I've recently had the XAV-AX3000 model fitted in my pre facelift city, last month. Both models are very similar except one has capacitive touch screen while the 3000 model does not.

All steering wheel controls are also operational.

This task was successfully carried out by Motor Concept in Kirti Nagar in New Delhi. Please give the owner (Aman) a call and he should be able to assist you.
GM6James is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 22:02   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM6James View Post
I've recently had the XAV-AX3000 model fitted in my pre facelift city, last month. Both models are very similar except one has capacitive touch screen while the 3000 model does not.

All steering wheel controls are also operational.

This task was successfully carried out by Motor Concept in Kirti Nagar in New Delhi. Please give the owner (Aman) a call and he should be able to assist you.
Thank you! Altho the problem has been partially rectified. After hours of trying, the technician decided to check everything with a different stereo and the steering controls worked, apparently the issue is with my XAV5000, will be paying Sony service station a visit after Diwali and if this is the case definitely getting a new unit from them and returning this.
Old 8th November 2018, 17:20   #6219
BHPian

Do we know the size of tweeters in Honda City 2017?
Old 17th November 2018, 06:50   #6220
BHPian

Guys iam getting my second Honda city next week but , this time its a CVT V variant . Its a V variant . what upsize of tyres do you suggest 195 ? which one , Yokohama or Michelin ? usage will be both city and highway .Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 07:16   #6221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Guys iam getting my second Honda city next week but , this time its a CVT V variant . Its a V variant . what upsize of tyres do you suggest 195 ? which one , Yokohama or Michelin ? usage will be both city and highway .Thanks
Congratulations!
Yes, 195 would be a good one with a loss of about 0.5-1 KMPL mileage.
I would suggest you Yokohama Earth that gives a good balance b/w "ride comfort" and "longevity". I have been using this for 40K Kms on my City CVT. Going good so far.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 07:27   #6222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a V variant . what upsize of tyres do you suggest 195 ? which one , Yokohama or Michelin ? usage will be both city and highway .Thanks
Quote:
Congratulations!
I would suggest you Yokohama Earth that gives a good balance b/w "ride comfort" and "longevity". I have been using this for 40K Kms on my City CVT. Going good so far.
+1 to the 195 size.

I have been using the Michelin XM2s from Day 1 and would recommend the Michelins. The latest in the market is the Michelin Primacy 4 ST and I would recommend the same. The quoted price for Primacy 4 ST in Bangalore was Rs.6,700 per piece (without negotiation) when I checked a few days back.

The Earth 1s on the other hand are a value for money option and would cost you about Rs.1,500 lesser per tire.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 08:17   #6223
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Prem.
Thanks , is it 195/60 or 195/65 ? Yokohama is the one iam looking at as my current 2 generation city has this .
Old 18th November 2018, 09:04   #6224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks!
If you are planning for HID then go for the Morimotos. I had recently written about my Uncle's experience with these > URL (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade)

Quote:
Thanks , is it 195/60 or 195/65 ? Yokohama is the one iam looking at as my current 2 generation city has this .
195 / 60 R 15 is the correct one. You will also get the advantage of a 5 mm bump in Ground Clearance.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-compare_tire_size.png
Tire Size Comparison
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 10:17   #6225
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Prem.
I have a city 2010 Auto CVT, had a question for you in terms of the mileage you are getting. I have read and heard claims about it giving 10+ in the city and 14+ on highway with sedate driving. Unfortunately in Pune i am getting 8.5 Kmpl in the city , have not driven on highway yet so can't say. I am on 195/60/R15 MC5 continental tyres currently. So i understand there would be a drop in mileage of around 0.5 to 1 KMPL. The air filter is clean, engine oil is good and air flter is clean. Is there anything i am missing here. This is my first experience of owning and driving a Honda City. Any inputs or pointers would be welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks