Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2019, 11:15   #6391
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
Yes, I did and it still doesn;t work, utter nonsense.. i have asked them for a digipad replacement since mine is under warranty. So I'm checking since I'm going to replace my digipad, why can't I go for the digipad 2 instead of the original one.
The new Honda City still comes with the Digipad 1 and not the 2. Re-confirmed with my sales advisor today. Members on this thread who have approached Honda with the request to upgrade to Digipad 2.0 were informed that it was not possible due to the connectors/ wirings etc being different for both version of the Digipad, and hence, Honda would be unable to make the change.

Let us know if you manage to convince your dealership to make the change though.
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:15   #6392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
By the way, just received an SMS from Dakshin Honda that they are offering additional discounts for Holi. Quantum not specified though.
Prabhu Aapke Charan kahan hain?

So much discount. Didn't they offer it to you for free....as a gift from Honda? Your dealer is cool. Even after having deal he called you for more discounts.

By the way I approached my sales guy asking for more discount but as I had already given booking cheque so looks like he was not interested in giving further discount. So my deal is 12.90 Lakh ex showroom plus free accessories plus INR 5000 voucher from Tanishq - for which I may end up spending anything above 25k to encash the voucher. So better I frame the voucher as a souvenir!

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2019 at 08:01. Reason: No more than 2 smileys / post please
Old 22nd March 2019, 18:22   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Prabhu Aapke Charan kahan hain?

So much discount. Didn't they offer it to you for free....as a gift from Honda? Your dealer is cool. Even after having deal he called you for more discounts.
So better I frame the voucher as a souvenir!
Hahaha, my friend, this was just a general marketing message which came to my phone via sms, it wasn't that he wanted to offer more discounts to me Just mentioned it here since lot of people like me looking to pick up the City this month. Like I mentioned, my negotiations went on for several months and I suppose the dealer just got tired of me and broke down and pulled out all stops to get my business!

That jewelery voucher which you mentioned is news to me, didn't know that they were offering this . Perhaps I should ask my sales advisor whether I will get this also?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd March 2019 at 18:40.
Old 25th March 2019, 09:38   #6394
Senior - BHPian

While doing the PDI of my City V, I noticed that the battery is from SF (Standard Furukawa?). Can existing users please confirm if recent Honda Citys come with SF branded batteries? How is the performance and longevity of this unit?

All my earlier cars have carried either Exide or Amaron, and I do not have any experience with SF. Hence, feedback on this battery brand from existing users will be very helpful.
Old 25th March 2019, 09:54   #6395
BANNED

Quote:
While doing the PDI of my City V, I noticed that the battery is from SF (Standard Furukawa?). Can existing users please confirm if recent Honda Citys come with SF branded batteries? How is the performance and longevity of this unit?
My 2014 Honda City i-vtec also came with SF branded battery and sadly it lasted only 1.5 years and it was mentioned that the OEM battery carries only 1 year warranty. My car is regularly used and had covered around 15,000 kms before the battery busted.
Old 25th March 2019, 13:13   #6396
BHPian

Quote:

All my earlier cars have carried either Exide or Amaron, and I do not have any experience with SF. Hence, feedback on this battery brand from existing users will be very helpful.
Our 2012 Honda City also came with a 'non-standard' battery at the time - I think it was SF. In less than 2 years, I had to change it. Was told it comes with 1 year warrantee. Changed it with Amaron thereafter and that worked out well.
Old 25th March 2019, 13:35   #6397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... noticed that the battery is from SF (Standard Furukawa?).
All my earlier cars have carried either Exide or Amaron, ..
Mine came with Amaron in 2014, it was going pretty strong and flawless even after nearly 5 years. I replaced it with another Amaron just as a preventive maintenance.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 25th March 2019 at 13:38.
Old 26th March 2019, 20:02   #6398
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Do you religiously follow 6 months service schedule of your Honda City?

My car was bought in August 2017. So far, it has been serviced 4 times.

First F/S
Sep'2017 - 1050 Kms.

Second F/S
Nov'2017 - 5100 Kms.

Third F/S
Feb'2018 - 9900 Kms. (Synthetic engine oil changed)

Fourth Service
Sep'2018 - 20100 Kms. (Synthetic engine oil changed)

Now, it has been 6 months but the car has done just 3000 kms since last service.

Should I go and get the service done to keep the warranty intact or can I wait for a couple of months and wait for at least 5000 kms interval?
Old 26th March 2019, 21:41   #6399
mxh
BHPian

I followed the 6 months rule only during the warranty period (2 years). I didn't buy the extended warranty as i figured anything bad which can occur in critical parts would show up in the first 2 years anyway. Now my car is 3.5 years old and I get it serviced every 11-12 months. The WRV is almost the same car on City platform that has 12 months service interval.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 22:27   #6400
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys,

I was following the six months interval as my car would run almost 9,000 kms in each 6 month interval. The last service was done at 8 month interval and around 10,000+ kms covered as my warranty period was over. In case of warranty claims, they would create a mess if you don’t stick with the six month service interval.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 13:38   #6401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys,

I don't even follow that for my Brio I have moved to synthetic oil and out of Honda service center. My FNG has said 12 month/10K is just fine.

Its been 2 years I have moved out to FNG and no issues as such. Good work and not to pricy. If Brio can take it am sure City can manage as well
Old 27th March 2019, 13:59   #6402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I don't even follow that for my Brio I have moved to synthetic oil and out of Honda service center. My FNG has said 12 month/10K is just fine.
I would have done that too but my car is in 3+2 years warranty (till Aug'2022).

I just want to keep the warranty intact so I will have to follow Honda's 6 months service schedule unnecessarily.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:19   #6403
BHPian

I have a habit of casually popping open the hood every once in a while and taking a quick look to make sure all essential fluids etc are in order.

Over the last several months, I've noticed that whenever I've checked, the coolant level has always been below the min mark, in a car parked for several hours.

Is this a cause for concern? I did my last service at Carsmith in October, and they did notice that coolant was low and offered to top it up, but I declined since they did not have Honda OEM coolant.

I'm concerned all might not be healthy with my radiator etc. Can experts advise?

There are no tell-tale leakage spots under my parking slot, and the engine bay is pretty neat with no visible leakage signs, smells etc. Even the coolant reservoir and connected hoses etc are clean with no clear signs of leakage etc.

I'm worried about this and plan to rectify this at the earliest, as I don't want my car overheating in the already crazy Bangalore summer. Especially since the City doesn't have any temp gauge whatsoever. The only warning is the red/blue light which will glow only if something is wrong.

On the other hand, Honda claims coolant life of 10yr/2,00,000 kms, but that might not be applicable in case of low levels due to a leak.

Help please.

Last edited by Parth46 : 27th March 2019 at 21:20.
Old 28th March 2019, 04:46   #6404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
.. whenever I've checked, the coolant level has always been below the min mark...I'm concerned all might not be healthy with my radiator ..no tell-tale leakage spots ..
Since the reservior level appears to be consistent, there should be no leaks in your case, just get the OEM coolant topped up at a Honda service center.

They do have a normal practice of checking and topping up coolant levels and other fluids during service if necessary. Since you're getting it serviced outside, this step may have been skipped.

The reservior level in my case is around the max mark.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 28th March 2019 at 04:49.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 12:11   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Since the reservior level appears to be consistent, there should be no leaks in your case, just get the OEM coolant topped up at a Honda service center.

They do have a normal practice of checking and topping up coolant levels and other fluids during service if necessary. Since you're getting it serviced outside, this step may have been skipped.

The reservior level in my case is around the max mark.
Thanks a lot. I double checked today in sunlight, and it seems the level is just around the MIN mark, maybe a smidge below it - so it seems no immediate cause of alarm, besides a quick top-up at the Honda service center.

Will get it replenished and keep a close eye out for levels from now on. Anyway, car is 4+ yrs old and I don't think coolant has been flushed/topped up ever, so current level is not too bad, all things considered.

Checked engine oil level and color as well, pretty dark brown, with no milkiness/whiteness, leading me to conclude that atleast it's not mixing with the engine, which would be a bigger cause of worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks