Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-436.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4591788)
Guys I have been looking for good quality mats for my City
Looking for Beige color mats.

Hi. Did you check with your Honda dealer. I bought mine from them. Quality is good though a little slippery at times. Reasonably priced as well.

Quote:

Guys I have been looking for good quality mats for my City that not heavy on pocket too.

I am using simple plastic mats which I bought off Amazon. Nothing fancy at all, but serves the purpose of keeping the first away from the beige floor mats. These cost around 700-800 rupees for a set. Can be cleaned easily, and does not foul with the ABC pedals in any way. If you specifically want beige mats (I would advise against them, though), buy the ones which Honda sells - I think they cal them bucket mats. Didnt buy them since they were overpriced in my opinion ,and I did not want beige mats anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4592371)

On a similar note, I am looking for thick, grippy steering wheel covers for City.

Best to go to a reputed leather upholstery place in your city and get it custom made for the car. You can choose the materials, fit and finish, so that its made exactly the way you want it. Over the counter steering covers most often prove to be poorly fitting, and foul with the steering ergonomics.

Fuel efficiency of our 2015 SV idtec has dropped considerably over the past several months, according to the MID. I haven't done a full-tank-method test yet.
So, does anybody here have any idea on what could be the reason for the efficiency drop? I'm a little apprehensive because I read somewhere else on this forum that fuel efficiency going down is a symptom of potentially bigger problems.

My sister owns 2018 Honda City VX idtec, and that one has phenomenal fuel economy. That car spends most of its time on the highway, and she consistently gets over 25 kmpl.

My plan is to take the car out for a highway drive one of these days, and check the fuel economy using the full tank method.

Quote:

Guys I have been looking for good quality mats for my City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4592697)
buy the ones which Honda sells - I think they call them bucket mats.

I can vouch for these. Honda's Bucket Mats (beige) - I have them in my City since delivery. They still look pretty good after 18 months. They are more of a darker shade of beige (which helps). They are very sturdy - the front mats can be locked firmly in place. The dirt hardly leaves the individual mats into the rest of the cabin making it easier while cleaning. I would surely recommend them because they are worth the money. Don't think I'm ever going to have to replace these mats.

Now the trunk insulation is installed finally. Used double sided tape and it sticks well for now. Holes are visible if observed.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20190525wa0002.jpg

Next up is TPMS which will be internal sensors with display present in the dashboard next to the headlight leveling switch. There were two slots empty and I have got a display which matches the slot and replaces the blanking plates.
Also, is a rain and light sensor for auto wiper and headlight. This is a full system with no wire cutting. Just plugs into existing wiring and has a while lot of extra functions. More to come and I will do a seperate DIY thread for this maybe. :)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20190525_070433.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4592371)
I bought some cheap-ish mats online (so called 3D mats) worth 1k but I don't like them.

The original 3D maxpider mats for the Honda City are so good. Expensive but excellent and very functional in Beige. Beige mats masks dust better than Black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by voldemort (Post 4593057)
Fuel efficiency of our 2015 SV idtec

Some potential causes could be:
1. Could be a case of slipping clutch in your case. One thing to be careful about is never to drive in 6th gear at speeds below 60. Doing so would lead to premature clutch wear.
2. Hope the engine oil was replaced with the Honda OEM and prescribed mineral oil at 6 month intervals. Any other oil could shorten engine life drastically or increased friction.
3. If the Diesel City comes with an oxygen sensor (generally not required for a Diesel mill), please check the same as a faulty oxygen sensor can lead to poor efficiency.
4. Check alignment of tyres. Thankfully the City comes with only Toe adjustment, if misaligned can lead to poor efficiency.
5. Better to avoid the so called premium diesels at pumps and stick to regular diesel. Try changing to a more reputed fuel pump to rule out adulteration.

My search has now led me to these 7D mats. After searching a bit looks like Coozo is the brand. These cover almost entire floor of the car with a noodle mat thrown in. Coozo's website quotes the beige ones at around 5.2k (preferring beige to match interiors and beige is better for mud marks).

But I am wondering what are these pins holding the mats on vertical sides. Any drilling required?

If anyone has any experience with such mats or using mats from Coozo's then do share feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4597726)
But I am wondering what are these pins holding the mats on vertical sides. Any drilling required?

These are mat retaining clips to lock them in place. The plastic clips are inserted into slots or anchor points already provided in the floor - so no drilling will be required. The mats are then placed on top of these clips and are locked by turning the clip heads.

Please note that these are mostly only for the front mats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4597734)
These are mat retaining clips to lock them in place. The plastic clips are inserted into slots or anchor points already provided in the floor - so no drilling will be required. The mats are then placed on top of these clips and are locked by turning the clip heads.

Please note that these are mostly only for the front mats.

Thanks! But I am talking about the one on the side. I believe you are talking about the ones on the noodle mats. I am aware of those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4597735)
Thanks! But I am talking about the one on the side.

I don't think they need drilling as well. Here's an installation video -

https://youtu.be/KpTLATL1Mmo

(Skip to 6:30)

Finally got it for 3100 bucks. Expected stitching near dead pedal like I shared in previous images but it turned out to be flat. I let the original Honda mats below these new mats. More or less not disappointed but expectation is always like "Ye Dil maange more" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by voldemort (Post 4593057)
Fuel efficiency of our 2015 SV idtec has dropped considerably over the past several months, according to the MID. I haven't done a full-tank-method test yet.[list][*]Current city fuel-efficiency is usually around 15 kmpl. A year ago the fuel efficiency was over 20 kmpl in the city, and as much as 27 kmpl (according to MID) on the highway.

Have you switched the Oil to Synthetic Oil by any chance? My colleague has a Mobilio iDTEC and FE dropped drastically after he switched to Synthetic Oil.

My car has clocked 53,000 kms and the overall average FE for the last 12,500 kms stands at 18.7 kmpl with measurement based on tankful to tankful approach. My drive includes wading thru Bangalore traffic and despite this the city FE also is usually in the 18+ kpl range. The iDTEC is a Mileage Monster :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhn (Post 4594096)
Now the trunk insulation is installed finally. Used double sided tape and it sticks well for now. Holes are visible if observed.

Looks good.
So, for people with the 2014 Honda City - do we need to buy the clips or just use the Cladding with double sided tape?
I placed order for the Cladding on BoodMo. Not sure if I need to buy the clips as mine is 2014 Model.

MODS: Merge with above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4601495)
Looks good.
So, for people with the 2014 Honda City - do we need to buy the clips or just use the Cladding with double sided tape?

You will have to use double sided tape unfortunately. Unless you want to drill holes which are prelocated blank spots on the trunk.

I have driven over 1000kms with the double sided tape (3M version) and it is holding well. Easily removable from the metal side as well in case you want to remove the liner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhn (Post 4601501)
You will have to use double sided tape unfortunately. Unless you want to drill holes which are prelocated blank spots on the trunk.

I have driven over 1000kms with the double sided tape (3M version) and it is holding well. Easily removable from the metal side as well in case you want to remove the liner.

Someone on my Honda City WhatsApp group said 2 of the holes match - does it make sense to get 2 clips?