Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2019, 14:20   #6556
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post

Also, does a new car need underbody anti-rust treatment? Everybody is suggesting me to go for the same, but I'm not quite sure whether to do it in a new car.
Generally recommended if you stay/mostly use the car near the sea coast where corrosion is higher. Not really needed in non-coastal areas.

If you plan to get it done, its better done on a new car as the anti rust treatment will adhere better when the underbody is corossion free, freshly painted and clean in a new car.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 09:23   #6557
BHPian

Guys, Need advise on two things:
1. With City-CVT, should I put the car in neutral when I'm waiting on a signal (say longer than 20-30 secs)? In other words, does leaving the car in D and keeping the brake pedal pressed stress things? Wondering if a fully depressed brake pedal somehow magically disengages the transmission..

2. Is there any way to get live traffic updates on the Navigation system? And, does anyone even bother to keep the map data upto date..
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 20:17   #6558

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am not sure if the TeamBHP rules allow me to post the URL here, I have PMed the details to you. In case anyone else is also interested in joining the Honda City WhatsApp Group you can PM Me.
Hi, I'm not able to PM you here. What's the best way to do that please?
Old 18th June 2019, 11:47   #6559
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Guys, Need advise on two things:
1. With City-CVT, should I put the car in neutral when I'm waiting on a signal (say longer than 20-30 secs)? In other words, does leaving the car in D and keeping the brake pedal pressed stress things? Wondering if a fully depressed brake pedal somehow magically disengages the transmission..

2. Is there any way to get live traffic updates on the Navigation system? And, does anyone even bother to keep the map data upto date..
I usually put it on N and engage the Hand brakes if the signal is longer than 40s. Leaving the car in D and using the brakes shouldn't be much of an issue for shorter signals.

Digipad easily qualifies as one of the worst HUs out there. Don't bother with the map on it. Its hilariously out dated. I use G Maps on my phone for navigation. I don't think there is any way to get live traffic updates on it unless they have updated it recently.
VVN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 12:20   #6560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVN View Post
Don't bother with the map on it. Its hilariously out dated. I use G Maps on my phone for navigation. I don't think there is any way to get live traffic updates on it unless they have updated it recently.
I have not used the Navigation system on my Digipad even once. I reply on Google Maps on my phone, and that continues to serve me well. You will be better off using Google Maps rather than try to update your navigation card.
Old 18th June 2019, 12:50   #6561
BHPian

Anyone here has installed the XAV AX5000 or any similar HU and has functioning steering wheel controls? It's been a while and I've visited many technicians who just don't seem to be able to make this work. Is there any special adapter required to achieve steering controls? Also if anyone has installed this and has working steering control please do let me know of the person/place who did the installation, thanks!
Old 18th June 2019, 13:27   #6562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugz View Post
Hi, I'm not able to PM you here. What's the best way to do that please?
The PM option gets enabled after you complete about 25 posts I think. Please wait till then and then message.
Old 19th June 2019, 21:56   #6563
BHPian

So, another simple DIY done. Installed pneumatic struts for the hood. With these struts, auto lift up of hood is possible and also looks much cleaner than the long rod in the middle.

It is still not complete though and requires a bit of plastic trimming to allow the struts to sit flush. No drilling of extra holes or anything extra. Just the set of brackets and nuts which came with the kit.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20190619_215000.jpg
nikhn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:33   #6564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
If your car is still under warranty / extended warranty, push the dealer to replace the rusted part FOC. Once the part is replaced, get an under body anti-rust coating done if you haven't opted for that already.

Goes to show how Honda have compromised on their metal / part quality on the 4th-gen City. The dealer carried out rust related repairs on my 3 year old City FOC when I raised a complaint.
My City is under extended warranty, so I am gonna try this. But natural they will argue that it is wear and tear loss not covered under warranty. Not gonna be easy unless I can show rusted parts are indeed covered by warranty.
Old 23rd June 2019, 16:17   #6565
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone faced a clicking sound when the wipers are being operated at the lowest /first speed? It is not audible at any higher speeds. Only when the wipers are used at the first speed. Basically it's the first mode/speed when you switch on the wiper. There is a clicking sound when the wiper starts moving up from the bottom of the windshield.

Please let me know what could be the reason for this . It's a soft clicking sound but quite distinct and audible . Is there any way to remedy this and is this indicative of any serious issue? By the way these are new wipers since the car itself is just three months old.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 23rd June 2019 at 16:21.
Old 23rd June 2019, 20:53   #6566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone faced a clicking sound when the wipers are being operated at the lowest /first speed? It is not audible at any higher speeds. Only when the wipers are used at the first speed. Basically it's the first mode/speed when you switch on the wiper. There is a clicking sound when the wiper starts moving up from the bottom of the windshield.

Please let me know what could be the reason for this . It's a soft clicking sound but quite distinct and audible . Is there any way to remedy this and is this indicative of any serious issue? By the way these are new wipers since the car itself is just three months old.
I heard this as well while driving in rains today. Is it inside or outside? If it's inside, I believe it's the relay switching on and off. This is the sound I hear. I could be wrong. It's quite loud when there is no other sound in the car.
Old 24th June 2019, 08:57   #6567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I heard this as well while driving in rains today. Is it inside or outside? If it's inside, I believe it's the relay switching on and off. This is the sound I hear. I could be wrong. It's quite loud when there is no other sound in the car.
Seems to be inside the car within the dashboard. Anyone else faces this, and is there any way to get rid of the sound?

Does this sound imply that there might be some issue with the wiper mechanism?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 24th June 2019 at 09:13.
Old 24th June 2019, 11:42   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilminstrel View Post
My City is under extended warranty, so I am gonna try this. But natural they will argue that it is wear and tear loss not covered under warranty. Not gonna be easy unless I can show rusted parts are indeed covered by warranty.
Yes, they will surely try to debate their way out of it. The entire process took me over a month to sort out. You just have to be patient and persistent. My dealer was also reasonably supportive.

They will first ask you to share images of the rusted parts along with the area where your car is parked. I guess this is to check if there are any external factors that may contribute to rust formation. Then they will forward the same to Honda for approval (this is where you will have to keep following-up with your dealer). If everything goes well, then they will approve your warranty claim.

Initially when they denied my warranty claim, I asked to speak to a senior official at the dealership, who could justify the reasons of the claim being denied. And if they couldn't explain the reason, I asked to be put in touch with a Honda official for the same. I stuck to my guns stating that I will not be paying for such an issue, where there is no fault of my own. Stay calm, debate logically and be patient. Having a supportive dealer also helped my case.

As long as there isn't any preexisting damage, previous repair or modifications done in the rusted area, then they should hopefully clear your claim.

Edit - My car is also under extended warranty. And this claim was passed under the same.

Last edited by fordfreak : 24th June 2019 at 11:43.
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:57   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Seems to be inside the car within the dashboard. Anyone else faces this, and is there any way to get rid of the sound?

Does this sound imply that there might be some issue with the wiper mechanism?
Hi! I hear this sound on my 2015 Jazz. Did not pay much attention to it till last year. Got the wiper system checked thoroughly last year when i changed the blades. My FNG did not seem to think there was any issue.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 12:39   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
So, another simple DIY done. Installed pneumatic struts for the hood. With these struts, auto lift up of hood is possible and also looks much cleaner than the long rod in the middle.

It is still not complete though and requires a bit of plastic trimming to allow the struts to sit flush. No drilling of extra holes or anything extra. Just the set of brackets and nuts which came with the kit.

Attachment 1886385
Wow , This is one change that I have been researching for a very long time and till date have never got a solution for . I have spoken at length about this to my SA and a friend who worked for Honda about doing this for my City but it never materialized . The fact that you didn't need any drilling was another factor what i was speaking to them about .

My request is if you could elaborate a bit on what type of struts (pneumatic i know), length and where did you purchase the same from. After fitting does it touch the body of the car, rattles etc??

You have truly put this idea of mine into action I'd say thank you for the same. Now I can give your snap as proof and mobilize the same for my ride. What adjustments did you have to make (plastic trimmings) ? Any precautions required?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks