Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 14:12   #6601

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
In continuation to my previous query, I've noticed some rattling sound when driven over rough roads. I did a test ride with my local mechanic and found the issue was with the suspension set-up as such and he mentioned it wasn't a matter of immediate concern. The car is in her third year and extended warranty was opted as well.
Also I've upsized my tyres to 195/60 R15s. Will this affect my warranty claim status?
What'll be procedure to get this process done?
Contacted Sundaram Honda, Madurai and the service advisor said that road test would be done and in case fault is found, spares would be covered under warranty claim and would take a days work to get the car back.
If in case I've to pay for the same out of my pocket, do I go with the OEM (please do mention the average cost as well) or opt for aftermarket suspension parts? If aftermarket parts are better which one do I go with?
Hi, when I enquired about warranty being affected if I upgrade my tyres, the SA at Magnum Honda was pretty clear that what would be affected is the tyre warranty and any problem arising solely due to change in tyre size like suspension. Not sure what Honda's manual states on this
Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 20:27   #6602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
A Deep Dive Technical Question for folks on this Forum. I am looking at an ICE Upgrade for my 2014 Honda City V Variant. Most after market fitments do not have a compatible Bluetooth Mic. For the V Variant the Bluetooth Mic is placed in the roof above the IRVM and the sound quality/reception for Bluetooth calls is very good.

Below is a picture of the back view of the OEM HeadUnit that comes with the 2014 Honda city.

Attachment 1890957
2014 Honda City V Variant - OEM Head Unit

Does anyone know which one of the five plugs at the back is the one for Bluetooth Microphone? I have numbered them from 1 to 5 for convenience and is there a adapter available that converts a standard 3.5 mm Jack type of Bluetooth Microphone to the correct one on the back panel shown?

This is what I could find. Not sure if its the right one for your model.

PIN 5 on your pic
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda2.png

PIN 2 on your pic
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.png
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 18:19   #6603
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride buddy.Would you mind sharing some pictures of this beauty as this is the new shade introduced by Honda and I haven't seen it anywhere on the internet yet.
Old 22nd July 2019, 18:55   #6604
BHPian

In other news, my car wears black lipstick now. Some of the guys at 3M store thought I was mad in trying to cover that gorgeous chrome grill with black vinyl - but, to each his own.[/quote]

Hey Altocumulus,Here's my Honda City 2015 with a Twist .
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180813_130900.jpg  

Last edited by ToothyPetrohead : 22nd July 2019 at 18:58.
Old 23rd July 2019, 22:46   #6605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
In other news, my car wears black lipstick now. Some of the guys at 3M store thought I was mad in trying to cover that gorgeous chrome grill with black vinyl - but, to each his own.

That is nice. Even I got my front chrome grille annd the rear chrome strip wrapped in gloss black alongwith the roof and the antenna. The only chrome now is on the door handles which will be white soon. I also debadged it and applied the red JDM logos.

When the tires wear out this time, I am going to add black rims with a hint of red.
What did you do for that red line on the grill?
car-o-phile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 14:39   #6606
BHPian

Hi- facing a bit of an issue with my 2015 City VX automatic.

For the past month or so, I get a feeling that the car jerks sometimes when moving at slow speeds. I am not sure the best way to describe it, but it feels like it loses power for a split second or like brakes on its own for a split second (or like how a car jerks when changing gears in a manual). This mostly happens (or gets noticed) at slower speeds (< 35kmph). My fellow passengers can't tell it most times, but a couple of times they exclaimed- "Hey! I felt something." I know it is not the CVT lag (have driven it for 4 years, over 35k kms, so I know CVT), but it almost feels like the lag that gets discussed at times i.e. accelarator is pressed but no power. Again, it is only for a split second and does not happen all the time. Over a 12 km ride, i would say i experience 4-5 times.

Read up on the issue and sent the car to ASS for checking the fuel injector. They have returned the car with a "we observed no such issue". Should not be a gear issue, the gear oil was replaced at 20k kms, as suggested in TBHP.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? ASS tells me it is figment of my imagination, when I know there is an issue.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 25th July 2019 at 14:40.
Old 25th July 2019, 16:43   #6607
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Hi- facing a bit of an issue with my 2015 City VX automatic.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? ASS tells me it is figment of my imagination, when I know there is an issue.
Thank you for this. I always thought it was just me. Even I have noticed a slight jerk. However, in my case it is usually when I accelerate a bit. It happens when I am in the middle of accelerating and co passengers usually do not notice.

Another issue I face is an annoying knock from the driver side seat belt area. Gets on your nerve when all you want to do is enjoy a nice quiet ride at night.
Old 25th July 2019, 19:15   #6608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVN View Post
Thank you for this. I always thought it was just me. Even I have noticed a slight jerk. However, in my case it is usually when I accelerate a bit. It happens when I am in the middle of accelerating and co passengers usually do not notice.
You are absolutely right. It is typically when I press the accelerator a bit, it like hiccups a little. Problem is (or may be Thank God!) it does not happen every time I press the accelerator, but does happen frequently enough to be super annoying.

Also, to clarify, this is not the 'nature of the City or CVT'. I have never experienced this in my 4 years of ownership. It started exhibiting this behavior in the last month or so (before the monsoon btw, if I may add).
Old 25th July 2019, 20:55   #6609
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Somehow the sound was not there for some days. Let me wait and watch if the sound reappears or not.
The sound is back again. I have checked the cowl and found the 3M sticker is properly in place. Even I checked the three small covers on the cowl and found Honda has already provided damping where it meets the bigger plastic piece as shown below.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-e3cf1ecd5c7f497aa1a7788cd4da09d4.jpeg

When I tap towards the centre of the cowl, I could hear the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Exactly, the sound similar to a 'loose screw' once in a while is due to the movement/rolling of any debris (seed, pebble etc) accumulated on the flat metal cowl area.
Is the fix still working for you?

Last edited by pavi : 25th July 2019 at 20:57.
Old 27th July 2019, 09:47   #6610
BHPian

Our Honda City has some updates about the following:
  1. Fuel efficiency
  2. Windshield wipers
  3. Tyres
  4. Brake noise
  5. Rubber linings
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
Fuel efficiency of our 2015 SV idtec has dropped considerably
I think the fuel-efficiency problem has been solved. It was a non-issue. When there is barely any traffic (like at early mornings) I get over 24 kmpl (according to MID). So, I guess the efficiency drop was caused simply due to heavy traffic.

A change of jobs mean I now drive nearly 40 km daily (19 km to work) in moderate traffic, for the past month.

Stock windshield wipers were in a pretty bad shape. Based on general advice in this forum, changed to Bosch ClearAdvantage 26" and 13" (15" weren't available). The wiping action is now good, and I'm happy.

The wipers were bought from Bosch service center at Pathadipalam, Kochi (https://goo.gl/maps/NPD7jevBH65wYb1R7). The folks there installed the wipers, and charged Rs. 760, which was the combined MRP of both wipers. They did not charge us any fee for wiper installation. (If you do decide to go there to get wipers, call and ask beforehand if they have wipers in stock).

After noticing minor loss of grip as speeds increased (especially on wet roads), I casually looked at the tyres and was alarmed! There were no tread at all to speak of in the stock 175/65 R15 Bridgestones. The car has done nearly 38000 km (in 4.5 years).

Yesterday, I changed all four to 195/60 R15 Michelin XM2 based on recommendations on this forum. Rs. 5900 per tyre. While I haven't driven an awful lot with the new tyres, I would say I do feel a difference.

Now, this morning I noticed a minor squeal when I apply the brakes.

Well, actually, for at least 2 years now, every time my dad takes out the car and slows down near the gates of my home (before getting on the road), I hear a very minor squeal from the outside. But this sound wasn't there on the inside (I never heard it when I was inside the car).

However, this morning I heard a minor squeal when I slowed down near the gates (and also later out on the highway when I brake). This sound is not there every time I brake; it shows up intermittently.

Could my brake pads be getting worn out? Or could it be that my brakes got dirty or something when I changed the tyres yesterday evening? Would it be anything else?

Last, the rubber lining beneath my rear window is getting loose. Any suggestions?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20190720_134659.jpg

Also, every time I open the boot, some amount of water gets spilled down from the boot lid to the boot floor.

My car was last serviced in February, and has run about 5000 kilometers since then. Should I get it serviced again in August, or should I wait till February? The car is out of warranty period.
Old 27th July 2019, 10:47   #6611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
[/ATTACH]

Is the fix still working for you?
Thankfully yes, no more noise after the fix.
A couple of times recently, i've heard a very faint rattle (like a screw rolling on a plastic surface) coming from the centre area of the cowl. It is not persistent though.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th July 2019 at 10:49.
Old 27th July 2019, 11:13   #6612
BHPian

Quote:
Also, every time I open the boot, some amount of water gets spilled down from the boot lid to the boot floor.
I'm facing the same issue. The first time, my laptop bag got drenched when i opened the boot!

The service center geniuses mentioned it's normal in such heavy Mumbai rain
Old 27th July 2019, 11:33   #6613
BANNED

Quote:
  1. Tyres
  2. Brake noise
  3. Rubber linings
Make sure you check your tyres regularly, I used to do that.
Do check the brake pad thickness, and if required change the pads. Mine was changed at 42,000 kms. Don't wait as it may cause damage to the rotors.
Check with ASS if they have any material to paste the rubber linings back.

Quote:
Leave it as it is. I have observed it for last 5 years and no amount of water seepage into the boot was noticed even after hell lot of heavy rains.

Quote:
My car was last serviced in February, and has run about 5000 kilometers since then. Should I get it serviced again in August, or should I wait till February? The car is out of warranty period.
After warranty period, I have been servicing my car based only on kilometers covered. But for me 10,000 kms is usually covered in 7 months.
Old 27th July 2019, 11:40   #6614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I'm facing the same issue. The first time, my laptop bag got drenched when i opened the boot!

The service center geniuses mentioned it's normal in such heavy Mumbai rain
Ever noticed water deposit on top of rear brake lights (on the boot) where it meets the metal body after a car wash?!! While you open the boot, this water drains into the boot, due to the boot opening motion. Analyse this part and you will get to understand what I am talking about. This is what I have noticed, I don't know if you are facing an actual water leakage issue.

Last edited by pavi : 27th July 2019 at 11:41.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 13:40   #6615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Thankfully yes, no more noise after the fix.
A couple of times recently, i've heard a very faint rattle (like a screw rolling on a plastic surface) coming from the centre area of the cowl. It is not persistent though.
That's great (for you ). I need to analyse more to find the root cause. I have bought single sided foam tapes from Amazon. I hope I could find the root cause and fix it. I will update here if I am successful.

Last edited by pavi : 27th July 2019 at 14:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks