Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2019, 07:40   #6661
BANNED

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
I just bought a Honda City SV Manual Transmission model at a round figure on road of 11 lakhs.
The car was delivered to me in 48 hours flat from the time full payment was done.
Kudos to Eastern Honda, the dealership at Minto Park Kolkata.
But where are the pics?? What colour? Any upgrades planned?
Old 26th August 2019, 08:21   #6662
BHPian

Quote:
The car was delivered to me in 48 hours flat from the time full payment was done.
Could you share the breakup of the discount received?
I'm considering the City to recommend to my uncle, who's kind of disappointed with the Seltos, and still thinks that the City is the best "buy it for life" vehicle at the moment.
Old 26th August 2019, 09:19   #6663
BANNED

Hello again.
The colour is white and for now at least no upgrades are planned.
The total cost calculation came to 11,59,000/-INR. It was rounded off to 11,00,000/-INR.
The exact break up is on a sheet of paper somewhere and will upload if I find it.Honda city.pdf
Old 31st August 2019, 18:32   #6664
BHPian

Dot rust on my City door

Why is this happening and what can be solution for this?
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190831-18.24.33.jpeg  

Old 31st August 2019, 19:47   #6665
BHPian

Re: Dot rust on my City door

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilminstrel View Post
Can you explain what this is? Are you referring to any door alignment issue or is it the scratch markings?
Old 31st August 2019, 20:26   #6666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Can you explain what this is? Are you referring to any door alignment issue or is it the scratch markings?
Oh, I am sorry, the brown dots that you see in the pic are rust. That is the issue. There are 3 to 4 dots. The door was never repainted so I don't think there was any exposed metal. Still, this rust, that too in the middle of door surface (unlike usual rusting that starts at edges).
Old 31st August 2019, 21:56   #6667
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
There are 3 to 4 dots. The door was never repainted so I don't think there was any exposed metal. Still, this rust, that too in the middle of door surface (unlike usual rusting that starts at edges).
As the affected area is very close to the floor, I suspect the paint must have been chipped by some small stones/pebbles that keep 'flying' around on our streets. They can very easily expose the metal and the rainy season must have helped speed-up the rusting.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 07:08   #6668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
As the affected area is very close to the floor, I suspect the paint must have been chipped by some small stones/pebbles that keep 'flying' around on our streets. They can very easily expose the metal and the rainy season must have helped speed-up the rusting.
Any suggestions on how should I stop its propagation?
Old 1st September 2019, 09:54   #6669
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on how should I stop its propagation ?
If these rust spots were not there since a long time, it is most probably surface rust which should go away after a good polishing/detailing session. After that you will be able to see the bare metal and that will need a touch-up using a fine brush to prevent your problem from happening again.

Just remember that everytime your car goes for polishing/detailing, that touch-up paint will mostly get removed and you will have to redo the same to prevent rust formation.

If it is not surface rust; the paint will have to be stripped around that area, the rust treated and then painted. There is no short cut if the rust has started to actually eat the metal as it will spread like cancer.

Also, if the paint has started to bubble in some other place, it means that rust has hit that part too. It is just a matter of time that the paint will fall off and expose that rust.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 11:52   #6670
BHPian

Quote:
If your car is still under warranty / extended warranty and the rust affected part has never been repaired / repainted, then write to Honda for an FOC repair / replacement.

My 2016 City was fixed by the dealer after I complained to them about the issue. They took up the issue with Honda and someone from the company came down to inspect my car before approving the repair. It is a time taking process but you have to be patient. My dealer was supportive and the job got done after multiple follow-ups.

Coincidentally, my car has started to rust again! The affected areas this time are the front RHS door and rear-RHS wheel arch area. As my car is still under extended warranty, I will be writing to my dealer to look into this before the rust spreads.
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 23:08   #6671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
If your car is still under warranty / extended warranty and the rust affected part has never been repaired / repainted, then write to Honda for an FOC repair / replacement.

My 2016 City was fixed by the dealer after I complained to them about the issue. They took up the issue with Honda and someone from the company came down to inspect my car before approving the repair. It is a time taking process but you have to be patient. My dealer was supportive and the job got done after multiple follow-ups.

Coincidentally, my car has started to rust again! The affected areas this time are the front RHS door and rear-RHS wheel arch area. As my car is still under extended warranty, I will be writing to my dealer to look into this before the rust spreads.
Hi Fordfreak. I had a similar issue with the exhaust, and based on your suggestion earlier, I have already complained to the dealer who is following up with Honda. It has been three months and the followup is still going on. Looks like Honda does not care anymore. They are taking shelter under wear and tear clause of extended warranty. In case something turns up on exhaust, I will add this as one more issue. Let us see how it turns out to be.
By the way, my city is also 2016 buy, VX(O), and now am thinking Honda knew all this while that their cars' body would not stand the third year. That is how the default warranty for 2014 models is two years. Two years down and the car's body is catching rust. What quality of primer and paint they are putting in premium products. My Nano caught rust after five years that to with minimum care! What a shame Honda. I just hope someone starts refining engine to the extent Honda does and I will not think twice to change my loyalties.
Old 2nd September 2019, 15:24   #6672
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fordfreak. I had a similar issue with the exhaust, and based on your suggestion earlier, I have already complained to the dealer who is following up with Honda. It has been three months and the followup is still going on. Looks like Honda does not care anymore. They are taking shelter under wear and tear clause of extended warranty. In case something turns up on exhaust, I will add this as one more issue. Let us see how it turns out to be.
By the way, my city is also 2016 buy, VX(O), and now am thinking Honda knew all this while that their cars' body would not stand the third year. That is how the default warranty for 2014 models is two years. Two years down and the car's body is catching rust.
Three months is longer than what I faced. Push your dealer for updates on your complaint's progress. If they give the same 'we will update when we know' reply, request to speak to someone higher up at the dealership OR push them to connect you to someone at Honda. The process usually moves once someone from Honda comes and inspects your vehicle at the dealership. It is up to them apparently to approve / turn down your claim.

Very sad to see the fall in quality levels on Honda vehicles and the way the are trying to tire you into giving up. I have a feeling certain batches of the City were affected by this. I know of 3 other cases (excluding your's) of rust appearing on a City and all these cars are from the 2015 - 16 model year.

Rust is showing up on another area of my car, so I will be on the same boat as you again, very soon.
Old 3rd September 2019, 11:11   #6673
BHPian

Quote:
Am planning to pick a VMT myself today. Appears Ace Honda in Noida have read your post and have decided to do one better with a promise to deliver today itself if I make the full payment.

Is it the slowdown with fewer deliveries/day or a push for better customer experience at Honda?
Old 4th September 2019, 11:34   #6674
BHPian

Guys just a quick check on PUC certificate. As per Delhi Transport Dept website, new vehicles need not get the pollution checked for one year post the first registration date. But I am not 100 percent sure so if anyone can confirm or deny if this is the case in Delhi/NCR.
I spoke to my the sales advisor who sold me Honda City in April this year and he said that I should get the pollution check done as traffic police doesn't follow what is mentioned on Transport website.
Old 4th September 2019, 13:13   #6675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello again.
The colour is white and for now at least no upgrades are planned.
The total cost calculation came to 11,59,000/-INR. It was rounded off to 11,00,000/-INR.
The exact break up is on a sheet of paper somewhere and will upload if I find it.Attachment 1909579
Congratulations on the car! Wish you unlimited safe & happy miles with one of the icons of our car scene. At just about 11L OTR its a sweet deal I'll say. It is cheaper than quite a few sub4M CSUVs' top trims by quite a margin too! Makes good sense. You can load it up bit by bit with good quality accessories in ICE etc.

Quote:
Oh, I am sorry, the brown dots that you see in the pic are rust. That is the issue. There are 3 to 4 dots. The door was never repainted so I don't think there was any exposed metal. Still, this rust, that too in the middle of door surface (unlike usual rusting that starts at edges).
It looks like externally induced damage to me. Either caused by high temperature fire crackers being ignited too close OR most likely some welding work done near-by or overhead. Heavy hot sparks & bits falling down and bouncing around seems to have burnt the paint there & caused the surface to open up. I suggest you get the area rubbed / buffed. Afterwards get a simple brush-touch-up done at the A-S-S (or any renowned car body-shop near you) to cover it up with the standard colour shade. No need to get the door repainted with lacquer coat I think.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th September 2019 at 13:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks