Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 16:08   #6676
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the car! Wish you unlimited safe & happy miles with one of the icons of our car scene. At just about 11L OTR its a sweet deal I'll say. It is cheaper than quite a few sub4M CSUVs' top trims by quite a margin too! Makes good sense. You can load it up bit by bit with good quality accessories in ICE etc.

Many thanks for your kind words.
As per me also it is a value for money package. It has ABS, Airbags from safety point of view.
From functional point of view, it's got all power windows, alloy wheels and music system, albeit low end music system.
Lacking is auto fold side rear view mirrors, fog lamps and door sill plates.
Will slowly upgrade starting with a good music system. Will keep updated.
Thanks.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th September 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Fixing quote tag
norhog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 19:07   #6677
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Has anyone changed the Fog Lamps to Projector Fog Lamps on the 4th Gen City? Looking for some recommendations.

I checked the following option from Blaze India: URL

There is also a similar one from UGlare as well. Any comments/recommendations welcome...
Old 6th September 2019, 12:59   #6678
Senior - BHPian

Having trouble locking and unlocking car. Yesterday evening it wasn't getting locked, after pressing lock button 4-5 times it got locked. Same thing happened today morning also. Also, a red light starts showing next to lock button on key at that time. Does it mean the key battery has gone weak and needs a change? I think I last changed the key battery 2 years back.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20190906wa0002.jpeg  

Old 7th September 2019, 16:22   #6679
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Does it mean the key battery has gone weak and needs a change? I think I last changed the key battery 2 years back.
It means you need to change the remote key itself. It happened to me about 8 months back. I tried with a battery change, opened and cleaned the remote key, and in the end had to change the remote key itself. After changing the remote key, it needs to be re-programmed to use it to start the car. You can open and clean the remote key with isopropyl alcohol as a DIY to check if it fixes the issue. Please find the video link which shows the issue I encountered with my car remote key.

Old 9th September 2019, 16:28   #6680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Having trouble locking and unlocking car. Yesterday evening it wasn't getting locked, after pressing lock button 4-5 times it got locked. Same thing happened today morning also. Also, a red light starts showing next to lock button on key at that time. Does it mean the key battery has gone weak and needs a change? I think I last changed the key battery 2 years back.
Hi Harry, I had experienced this with my key locking system also a couple of months ago. I did get the battery changed but yet the problem persisted.

I had a bad experience as the problem happened on the highway. As the locking was not working properly I used the key to open the car and the alarm went off but by chance after waiting for a bit tried the locking again and the car opened.

I contacted my SA at Honda and explained the matter to him. He told me the circuit if the locking system itself has gone bad and needs to be changed. My car is still under warranty and so key was replaced with a new one under warranty.

He ordered the part and it came in a couple of days. I had to give my car to the service station for an new key to be made and re-programmed for use. At the same time I had to surrender the damaged one.

Had this problem occurred after the warranty lapsed the total cost would amount to approximately to around Rs.8000 -8500/- . The car was kept for half a day before it was returned to me.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 19:34   #6681
BANNED

Guys,

If anyone of you are facing water leakage issue and as a result water is getting accumulated in the foot wells, you can try below DIY. Apply 3M double sided tapes as shown below. I am not sure about the reliability of the fix, but I think it should hold on for a long time.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cfb61ed529c7490da36e94fe72e45bd4.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-bb0a6fb8263b405bb10baef8e0ed36ea.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-c8fc1b7bd52144d88f1c2fcf0f773b9e.jpeg

Last edited by pavi : 9th September 2019 at 19:39.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:14   #6682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Guys,

If anyone of you are facing water leakage issue and as a result water is getting accumulated in the foot wells, you can try below DIY. Apply 3M double sided tapes as shown below.
A butyl tape would be better, as that black glue is Butyl tape which is used by OEMs to paste the vapour barrier to the metal.

But I'd first check the drains, as water should be able to flow out easily.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 20:12   #6683
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone ever fitted the OEM Headunit of the 4th Gen Honda City (pre-facelift Non Touchscreen model) on a 3rd Gen Honda City? Is this possible?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20190913wa0043.jpg
Top: 3rd Gen / Bottom: 4th Gen

I recently upgraded my ICE to an Android Head Unit and am not using my OEM Head Unit. Someone I know who owns a 3rd Gen City is interested to know if this swap is possible.
Old 13th September 2019, 20:38   #6684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone ever fitted the OEM Headunit of the 4th Gen Honda City (pre-facelift Non Touchscreen model) on a 3rd Gen Honda City? Is this possible?
It won't fit. The non touch head unit of the city has buttons that are attached to the whole plastic faceplate. Unless you can precisely cut out the faceplate with the buttons intact, which IMO will destroy the unit, no it's not possible.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2019 at 20:48.
city2491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 22:55   #6685
BHPian

I have the latest Gen Honda city V CVT with factory fitted AVN with touchscreen.
I am somehow not happy with the audio quality of the same and am looking for swapping the same with either Alpine or pioneer touchscreen based audio system.
Can the same be done as a direct swap or do i have to change the entire piano finish panel surrounding my current audio system?
Old 14th September 2019, 09:44   #6686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
Can the same be done as a direct swap or do i have to change the entire piano finish panel surrounding my current audio system?
No. As the older unit is permanently fixed on to the piano finish panel, the panel needs to be replaced for a perfect fit and finish. Although if you ask a local accessories shop, they have faceplates for the City, corresponding to the size of the new headunit. You can also look for android units from aliexpress. They are cheaper and work well.
city2491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 12:53   #6687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
I just bought a Honda City SV Manual Transmission model at a round figure on road of 11 lakhs.
The car was delivered to me in 48 hours flat from the time full payment was done.
Kudos to Eastern Honda, the dealership at Minto Park Kolkata.

Hi, I plan to buy a City. Would you be able to advise if the latest City is a good buy or wait for the 2020. What are the negotiating parameters. I'm based in Bangalore.
Old 17th September 2019, 11:45   #6688
BHPian

Adding on to the previous post, I managed to finalize a deal with one of the dealerships for a VMT. Finalized at 11.9 OTR including seat covers, illuminated scuff plates. Also included is insurance for the first year, RTO / handling charges, basic accessories, free roadside assist, etc which is normally provided in the pricing sheet. Do you believe this is a good deal ? I plan to book the car immediately and take the delivery towards the end of the month. This is for the Modern Steel Metallic. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:19   #6689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Adding on to the previous post, I managed to finalize a deal with one of the dealerships for a VMT. Finalized at 11.9 OTR including seat covers, illuminated scuff plates. Also included is insurance for the first year, RTO / handling charges, basic accessories, free roadside assist, etc which is normally provided in the pricing sheet. Do you believe this is a good deal ? I plan to book the car immediately and take the delivery towards the end of the month. This is for the Modern Steel Metallic. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Sounds like a fair deal. I purchased my VMT in the very same colour earlier this year (end March) and got a very similar package as the final offer. Pulled the trigger since it looked to me like a good deal - and this was after shopping around in several dealerships. Went with Magnum Honda finally. Thus far, the car has been a pleasure to drive and the famed creamy iVTEC engine every bit worth the hype which has built up over the years.

I think you can go ahead with the deal that you are getting, its a good deal overall.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 17th September 2019 at 12:31.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:27   #6690
BHPian

Thanks, just to be precise besides the seat cover + scuff plates, the amount includes Comprehensive insurance, 2nd & 3rd yr 3rd party premium, Basic ki, Extended Warranty (4th yr unlimited), RSA for 1 year, Zero dep premium and engine protector. I was very proud of myself, but just realize that it seems to be the norm. Sigh :(

Most Viewed