Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-447.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshays (Post 4659592)
Thanks, just to be precise besides the seat cover + scuff plates, the amount includes Comprehensive insurance, 2nd & 3rd yr 3rd party premium, Basic ki, Extended Warranty (4th yr unlimited), RSA for 1 year, Zero dep premium and engine protector. I was very proud of myself, but just realize that it seems to be the norm. Sigh :(

Well, given the fact that I made the purchase right at the fag end of the financial year, dealers were very open to providing lavish discounts. In my case, i got 4 years of RSA and 5 years of unlimited kms warranty, along with a on road price of roughly 11.6 lakhs :D

Hey guys,

Mine is a 2015 iDtech with 78000 KMS in the ODO. It has been performing well in all the aspects except this:

Problem: The 1st gear clutch release is not smooth and it judders.

This problem started when I was touching 60000 KMS. When I checked about this with my SA he told that this is due to the cutch wear. I had to do a long drive recently and I went ahead and changed the clutch at 76000 KMS. However, even after changing the clutch the problem was still there.

In the 1st gear when I release the clutch without any throttle juddering happens.

This does not happen when the vehicle is in motion.

I again complained about this problem to the SA. Then I suggested that we test another car (35000 KMS in the ODO) and the juddering was there. However, when we tried with 2018 model this was not happening.

After a lot of pestering they discussed this problem with the main dealership and the senior technicians there suggested to replace the clutch (the full assembly). And they did that. Even after doing that the problem still persists.

Honda guys are saying this is pretty normal but I don't agree with them. I tested if this happens in a Fiat Linea, Getz and Swift and the 1st gear release is very smooth.

Anyone else in the community has faced this problem in their car?

Please let me know what to do next. I'm clueless.

I had a similar problem with my SX4 Petrol, some 10 years back. The clutch release, if not done properly/slowly and well synced, would stall the car. I had to compensate this stuttering, by pressing the accelerator more than one normally should be doing, almost like picking up on half clutch. This would happen only when the AC was on and in the 1st gear.
Tried to reason with Maruti for all the 4 years that I had the car, then gave up and sold it.
If after trying so many things the problem isn't resolving, there is not much you can do. You say the 2018 model didn't have the issue, but neither did you, when your car was new. Maybe a 2018 model with more mileage can be checked again.

My 2019 City iVTEC is due for its 6 month service (first paid service) tomorrow. Couple of questions to owners:

1. What are the main replacement items in this service - other than engine oil and oil filter? Is the air filter also changed? What would be the cost for the first paid service ( a rough ballpark figure would be helpful)?

2. The handbrake lever on my car seems a little loose, and I want it to feel more tight when engaging and disengaging the handbrake. The brake action itself works without any problems, just that the lever itself feels a tiny bit loose on its mount, especially when the handbrake is not engaged. Is this something which can be easily rectified at the service center?

Friends,

Any idea where to get the Front Grill for 2014 Honda City? My car has been hit and run in the front in a parking lot resulting a crack on the chrome grill.
Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

@Mods: Didn't find a thread for this info, please merge/move as appropriate.

I don't see why an authorized Honda dealer can't help you with your problem. Have you tried contacting one yet?

You can also get it from Boodmo.com.

Hi Folks,
My Honda City ZX auto 2014 model heater function in the car AC seems to have stopped working, the other day it was raining really badly and I was wet and turned on the heater and all I got was cool air, has anyone faced this

Came for third free service of City. Estimate is 1807 rupees. Out of this 1600 for synthetic oil 100 ml. Dont they replace engine oil at 10000 km? Is it just top up? If it's top up then cost seems too high!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20191008_120301.jpg

Edit: Never mind. Just checked with advisor why it shows 100 ml on app. He said actually 100 ml is measurement they use and actually 36 such units are added. It's replacement of engine oil. Total 3.6 L. Phew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4671173)
Dont they replace engine oil at 10000 km? Is it just top up? If it's top up then cost seems too high!

Honda's service intervals are more aggressive. More frequent services = more money for HASS. I had made it a point to get my Civic serviced once every 10k kms. Synthetic oils don't really need to be replaced before that. My Punto had a 15k service interval.

I don't understand why Honda keeps its service intervals at 10K/6 months while competitors have an interval of 10K/1year . The average city user will reach 10K in a year or so but has to take his car every 6 months for an oil change which costs about 4,500/- in Bangalore. I hope Honda changes the interval to a year in the next generation city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatto63 (Post 4670263)
Hi Folks,
My Honda City ZX auto 2014 model heater function in the car AC seems to have stopped working, the other day it was raining really badly and I was wet and turned on the heater and all I got was cool air, has anyone faced this

Modern systems use the heat from the engine for heating and don't think we have a separate heater coil to heat up the air when the engine is cold and just turned on.

You can take a look into this thread

Planning for a Honda City CVT and took a test drive today.
Firstly, I was really disappointed with the drive, even on smooth Tarmac road on golf course extension, Gurgaon, front suspension was giving some tak tak noise like if the mount is broken or may be the bump protector. Car has only 12k on ODO and this was the suspension quality.

Honda owners/experts please confirm is it so bad? I like a heavy and strong suspension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4659599)
Well, given the fact that I made the purchase right at the fag end of the financial year, dealers were very open to providing lavish discounts. In my case, i got 4 years of RSA and 5 years of unlimited kms warranty, along with a on road price of roughly 11.6 lakhs :D

6 months ago my friend bought pearl white VMT for 11.2 in bangalore.

Has anyone replaced the splash guard / engine guard of the Honda City 2014 model?. The splash guard on my Honda City is partly broken during this years's monsoon having driven the car through flooded roads.
Upon enquiry with the dealer the splash guard was not available but can be ordered. The quoted price was Rs. 4,500/-.