Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-449.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4680479)
does it work inside a think (Spigen) case?

Yes. I tried 2-3 different cases (not Spigen though) and it works flawlessly with Flipkart Smartbuy and other cases.

Quick question to owners of the current gen City. Can the DRLs in the headlight assembly be turned off , and if so how does one do that ? Sometimes I find it preferable to turn them off but I don't know whether it can be done.

Guidance will be appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4682054)
Quick question to owners of the current gen City. Can the DRLs in the headlight assembly be turned off , and if so how does one do that ? Sometimes I find it preferable to turn them off but I don't know whether it can be done.

No. The DRLs cannot be turned off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4682054)

Just for your information, DRLs are not supposed to be operated by the driver in anyway and they are automated lights which exist for a specific reason primarily being safety though some kinky manufacturers do offer a control option.

Please take out a moment and read more about it if and when you have time using the following link:

http://bestride.com/research/buyers-...do-i-need-them

Most people in think its a decorative light or something which it is not! Read up and have fun :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4682186)
Just for your information, DRLs are not supposed to be operated by the driver in anyway and they are automated lights which exist for a specific reason primarily being safety though some kinky manufacturers do offer a control option.

Most people in think its a decorative light or something which it is not! Read up and have fun :thumbs up

Sir : thank you for the informatibe post. Just to clarify, I am well aware of the utility and function that DRLs serve and that it is not a decorative feature:).

However, my question was in very specific and limited circumstances, when the car is parked safely and the ignition is on, can they be switched off.

Anyway, looks like it cannot be so my question is answered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by city2491 (Post 4679333)
As part of an everlasting modification project on my 2016 HONDA City, my car has been given a major visual upgrade, aka the famous piano black grille and roof.

Attaching pictures for your viewing pleasure, please feel encouraged to share your opinions about it, and suggestions if any.

Cheers!

Car looks real good. A decent set of matt black colored after market alloys if your car is out of warranty, will make it even better. Be sure to match the OCD specs if you go the after market way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4682765)
Car looks real good. A decent set of matt black colored after market alloys if your car is out of warranty, will make it even better. Be sure to match the OCD specs if you go the after market way.

Thank you for your appreciation! Yes, I’m on the lookout for Alloy Wheels. My extended warranty ends in June this year, and after that I will begin a series of mechanical modifications and alloys are my top priority.

I think 16 inchers with 195 or maybe 205 section tyres will completely transform the handling of this car, and also make it able to handle power upgrades like an aftermarket exhaust and air filter.

So far, all upgrades are visual and nothing mechanical has been touched except maybe those tail lights.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread but can City owners in Bombay help me with a good service centre on the western side please? Anything in Borivili, Kandivili, Malad, Goregaon or Worli works for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVN (Post 4685237)
can City owners in Bombay help me with a good service centre on the western side please? Anything in Borivili, Kandivili, Malad, Goregaon or Worli works for me.

With no experience with them, I could find one in Powai.

Viva Honda Chandivali - No 35, Saki Vihar Rd, Opposite to Bharat Petrol Pump,Chandivali, Andheri East, Mumbai-72. Tel: +91-8657458448

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superleggera (Post 4666670)
Friends,

Any idea where to get the Front Grill for 2014 Honda City? My car has been hit and run in the front in a parking lot resulting a crack on the chrome grill.
Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

@Mods: Didn't find a thread for this info, please merge/move as appropriate.

I am not sure if you are still in search of front grill and haven't find any then here is some posting which I feel might be useful for you. check with the seller if he can post it to your location

https://www.olx.in/item/honda-city-o...iid-1503328303

Added these fancy looking headlights to my city, easily replacing the previous best upgrade to take the throne.

The DRLs have been wired to the power window switches, which allows them to:
This set looks really mean IMHO, while complimenting the black grill and roof.

Attaching pictures:

In absence of android auto, city supports mirror link. Can someone help me which application do I need to install? I am using Realme mobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by city2491 (Post 4687564)
Added these fancy looking headlights to my city, easily replacing the previous best upgrade to take the throne.

The DRLs have been wired to the power window switches, which allows them to:
  • Turn on when ignition is on
  • Remain on when ignition is off
  • Turn off when either, 10 minutes have passed since ignition off, or either of the front doors are open.

This set looks really mean IMHO, while complimenting the black grill and roof.

Attaching pictures:

Hey! Just wanted to ask about the headlights. How much did it cost and is the installation easy? Because I live in a remote area, I’ll have to do it myself. Plus there were some bad reviews about the DRLs malfunctioning. Can you please clarify me about it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 (Post 4694119)
Hey! Just wanted to ask about the headlights. How much did it cost and is the installation easy? Because I live in a remote area, I’ll have to do it myself. Plus there were some bad reviews about the DRLs malfunctioning. Can you please clarify me about it?

Yes,

It costed me ₹22,000 for the headlight itself, and ₹5,500 per set of LED bulbs. If just installing without modifications like LED or DRL being always on, it is fairly plug and play. Bumper needs to be lowered and that’s it. You will need to reuse old mounts.

Installing LED requires the dust cap to be drilled.

For the DRL to be always on, need to take connection from the inside fuse box (OUTSIDE IS POWERED AFTER CAR IS LOCKED).

Otherwise it’s fine, I didn’t face any troubles.

DRLs are good, but bright for night time.

It also doesn’t come with beam adjustment so you have what you have.

It’s best done professionally, I’d not recommend this as a DIY

Quote:

Originally Posted by city2491 (Post 4694446)
Yes,

It costed me ₹22,000 for the headlight itself, and ₹5,500 per set of LED bulbs. If just installing without modifications like LED or DRL being always on, it is fairly plug and play. Bumper needs to be lowered and that’s it. You will need to reuse old mounts.

Installing LED requires the dust cap to be drilled.

For the DRL to be always on, need to take connection from the inside fuse box (OUTSIDE IS POWERED AFTER CAR IS LOCKED).

Otherwise it’s fine, I didn’t face any troubles.

DRLs are good, but bright for night time.

It also doesn’t come with beam adjustment so you have what you have.

It’s best done professionally, I’d not recommend this as a DIY

Thanks for the info sir. Have been eyeing for those headlights for a long time. Can you send me the shop's details? Also would he ship them?