Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review-457.html)

VMRKarnati 4th July 2020 23:37

Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 4837567)
Since I moved from Tata AIG to Honda Assure and opted for ICICI Lombard (thru' Honda Assure), a person came to inspect my car and take pictures. This activity was quick and the person came at the agreed time. Thereafter I made the payment and Pride Honda immediately sent me the renewed policy.

Personal Inspection portion you mentioned is Interesting. Normally they do not attend this step if we reach other provider within valid policy time frame.Looks like Honda Assurance want to make sure, we don't have unclaimed happened incidents.

any how good to know your review and decision. Thanks for the update. All the BEST!

Mynameis 29th July 2020 00:53

Hi people,

One of my relatives is facing cranking issue in his 2014 City Petrol MT.

He turns the key fully in the ignition but the car does not start. No sound at all. After waiting for 2-3 minutes, when he again turns the key, the car starts. It happens sometimes, not everytime. All lights working normally even when engine is off.
The car has run 95k kms, new battery installed few months ago.

Today he contacted on phone Honda Auth. Service centre. They told most probably its starter coil/plug issue. Which will cost Rs. 5-6k and is around 5 hour job. I have told my relative to first get it checked by a roadside mechanic.

Another issue - Wiper is working fine but water is not coming onto the windshield. Reservoir is half full and is not clogged.
Is there any connection between wiper water not coming on and ignition not working?

My brother once owned Hyundai Accent (old model, not sub 4m model). He had this exact same issue of dead ignition. He went to his regular mechanic who just replaced old plug with an old black colored plug for Rs. 100 and thereafter the problem never occured again.
This is why I have told him to get it checked by a roadside mechanic first.

Does service centre sound true about the starter plug failure and cost of 5-6k?

Thanks.

Dushie 31st July 2020 08:56

Any suggestions for a good service center for Honda City AT in Bangalore I am currently in HSR layout. As I seem to be having an issue with the breaks in my 21010 AT. When braking it is making thud sound. When I checked the discs I see scratch lines on them. Surprising part is that the break pads were just changed 18 months back in Jan 2019 on 21k and car has only done 7500 kms post.that. Last service was done in January this year.

Any inputs would be welcome as I am back in Bangalore after 2 years due to WFH scenario and currently clueless where to go. I have owned this car for under 2 years now and never serviced here as i was in Pune.

Aravind_M92 6th August 2020 16:26

I drive a 2016 Honda City, done 43k kms till date. Please help me out with the Caster angle for the car. A recent alignment job showed right side at 5.36 degrees and 4.36 degrees on the left wheel. What is the Caster angle limits for this car? While driving my car veers slightly towards the left (not abrupt but quite subtle on a long straight stretch with no steering input), and the service center and alignment center says this veering is quite within limits and replacing is not needed (The Service center and the alignment centers are not at all related), and said the bushes might be wearing out and these are early signs of wear and tear. Is there a way to change or adjust the Caster here or do I need to replace the control arm as I believe no warranty is available on the steering and suspension related issues.
and I do have a ICICI Lombard B2B insurance, and my front bumper is quite out of shape. Is there a way to replace the Bumper under insurance?