Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-459.html)

How long are your key fob batteries lasting?

My MID gave me a low battery in key warning day before yesterday.
I don't think it's been changed ever since we took delivery of the car in 2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4912450)
Does the City have a factory installed anti-theft alarm/horn-hooter system? Is there a separate indicator for that in the driver's console?

Previous gen 2014 model City didn't have impact sensing security alarm like you get in most Marutis (not sure if the new City has them either) but it did have security alarm for door locking. One easy way to test it is lock the car from outside using remote key and then try to open the boot putting the key in the keyhole manually. It'll sound an alarm with blinking turning lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viXit (Post 4912713)

The key fob for our 2017 City conked out a month ago. Just got a couple days warning, before it died completely, and the alarm screamed out while trying to open it with the physical key.
Our other cars key fob batteries tend to last more or less the same amount of time.

Quote:

Mine had lasted for a little over 2 years and ~40000 kms. The Honda genuine battery costed me upwards of 400 bucks at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4912770)
Mine had lasted for a little over 2 years and ~40000 kms. The Honda genuine battery costed me upwards of 400 bucks at that time.

What a royal ripoff oh my god . what was this battery made of??

is this the cell from the movie "Knight and Day"?

I got a normal panasonic (ig) CR2023 cell from my neighborhood stationary shop for 20 rupees or something

Quote:

Originally Posted by viXit (Post 4913028)
What a royal ripoff oh my god . what was this battery made of ?

Imported from Japan.

Quote:

I got a normal panasonic (ig) CR2023 cell from my neighborhood stationary shop for 20 rupees or something
The only reason why I avoided such batteries was that if it leaks and spoils my remote fob, the cost of replacement will be much more than 400 rupees. Also, this car is used by my father so I didn't want to take any chances.

Quote:

My MID gave me a low battery in key warning day before yesterday.
I don't think it's been changed ever since we took delivery of the car in 2016

My 2017 City's keyfob battery lasted for around 2 years. Started using the spare key instead, as I couldn't find the battery with the same specifications anywhere around (Panasonic CR2032 3V).
Got it on Amazon a few weeks later, replaced it myself at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4913051)
Imported from Japan.

The only reason why I avoided such batteries was that if it leaks and spoils my remote fob, the cost of replacement will be much more than 400 rupees. Also, this car is used by my father so I didn't want to take any chances.

What brand of cell did they use as an OEM spare for your key?

Panasonic is a very reliable brand, japanese too. And AFAIK button cells are not as susceptible to leaking as normal pencil cells are. And even pencil cells don't leak when used regularly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viXit (Post 4913129)
What brand of cell did they use as an OEM spare for your key?

I don't remember which brand it was because it came packed as Honda genuine parts. I know it was from Japan because the sticker on the packet clearly mentioned the same and the replacement was done in front of me.

Even I was shocked that a cell battery costs >400 rupees but later on a friend told me that he used to face a problem of reduced operation range after going for the local brands. He even told me that the cheaper one did not last very long and hence even he went for the OEM next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4913195)
.....OEM next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prathiiik (Post 4913062)
..... replaced it myself at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpainter (Post 4912720)
Previous gen 2014 model City didn't have impact ....

Have any of you guys used the honda connect obd adapter??

is there any way I can use it for purposes like an OBD adapter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by viXit (Post 4913823)
is there any way I can use it for purposes like an OBD adapter?

I am not a 100% sure but I think that the device communicates only with Honda's connect app. It may not work like that blue coloured bluetooth obd reader; ELM 327.

Regarding the OEM rims, I'm planning on painting them Gunmetal gray. Which would be best to go with- Wrapping or Powder Coating or Spray Paints?

Powder coating is the way to go. Powder coating won't chip off easily like the other two but will be more expensive too. Wrapping them surely won't last. Spray painting can also be done but the final finish depends a lot on the painter's skill.

Where can I get powder coating done in Chennai. Any trusted garage?

The odometer reading has crossed 85K KM with a fraction of the regular running during the lockdown.
The clutch seems to be going good so far with no signs of slippage or drop in efficiency. I believe it should last beyond 1 lakh KM without the need for a change. Clutches have typically lasted very long in my previous cars too.

Curious to know how long has the clutch lasted on your Diesel City? :)