Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 18:23   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
In the Honda City review on the Car and Bike show, SVP spoke about a flaw. When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly. Did anyone notice this?

Watch the following video and jump to 5:45mins in the video

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=c5cjfkmFKaY
Not a flaw. It's so the system knows it's Night time and doesn't blind/distract you with bright display visuals which would contrast with the dark surroundings outside during driving. My Sony Double-Din Touch Screen based unit does the same thing.
A feature this not a flaw, A very helpful one might I add!.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 18:35   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
If you check the price in that website, the top variant is 7.5L Baht. That translates to around 15L INR. Honda is wise enough not to commit such a pricing blunder in India.
Is pricing blunder the only issue or the lack of deeper understanding of the Indian customer.

Come on whom are we kidding, when 10000 Audis are sold in one calendar year 2013.

Are we meant to understand that Honda values the life of citizens in Thailand higher than that of India considering the lack of safety and other features of the new City as compared to the international model.

If price is the only criteria, then Honda could have built a tin suitcase car with 4 wheels

If a global launch takes place in India - then we Indians at least expect all the variants and features to be made available in the local market.

More so if Honda desires to achieve their 1.5 million unit sales global target by FY 2017 since the major market has now shifted to India from Thailand.
Old 26th January 2014, 22:54   #678
BANNED

Have booked a Vx D 15 days back and am told of tentative delivery around end April. Is it possible to have automatic headlights with follow on feature enabled/installed in City without impacting warranty etc?
Old 27th January 2014, 09:26   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
in my ANHC S MT auto door locking doesn't happen after ignition or reaching particular speed.The rep mentioned it also as safety feature: from earlier instances of mishaps the occupants were not able to open the door because of this auto lock in a panic situation.Not sure if it could be the reason and if it is addressed in the new gen city.
This is addressed partially. Only SV,V and VX variants provide this feature. See the last line in the attached specification.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cityspec.jpg
Old 27th January 2014, 11:41   #680

Very well reviewed. For the known fact that Honda's are known to be hassle free & really fun to drive, this does look as a surprise that its skipped the cladding in the rear boot lid!

This surely does not fit well with the brand & as a past owner of Type 1 City surely sticks out like a sore thumb in an excellent overall package.

I was considering this car but its surely a disappointment!
Old 27th January 2014, 14:06   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Is there anyone on this forum who got his/her City VX CVT delivered? If yes, when did you get the vehicle and what make of tyres it came with. Thanks.
Deliveries for City Petrol (Both Manual as well as CVT) have not yet commenced. They are expected to be delivered from Mid-February or early march-2014.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:54   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Deliveries for City Petrol (Both Manual as well as CVT) have not yet commenced. They are expected to be delivered from Mid-February or early march-2014.
That's correct... I went to my SA on Saturday in Mumbai and he mentioned the same thing.
Wishful thinking: I could get a feeling that the timeline would be like the diesel version, only 1 month later. So we can expect the TD vehicle around 10-Feb and deliveries to commence post 20-Feb!
Old 27th January 2014, 16:15   #683
BHPian

Hello everyone I walked into a Honda dealership today afternoon to inquire about City petrol top-end automatic and I was shocked to hear that there is a 8-months waiting period i.e from March 2014.

This was stated to me by the SA.

I walked out with at the same pace with which I had entered the showroom.
Old 27th January 2014, 21:54   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Hello everyone I walked into a Honda dealership today afternoon to inquire about City petrol top-end automatic and I was shocked to hear that there is a 8-months waiting period i.e from March 2014.

This was stated to me by the SA.

I walked out with at the same pace with which I had entered the showroom.
8 Months !!! A page back I have written that the Hyderabad dealer has stated that I can expect a March end delivery for the CVT if I book now. I dont know which of these versions is correct.

Last edited by autotranny : 27th January 2014 at 22:02.
Old 27th January 2014, 22:24   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
8 Months !!! A page back I have written that the Hyderabad dealer has stated that I can expect a March end delivery for the CVT if I book now. I dont know which of these versions is correct.

Maybe Mumbai has got far more bookings than Hyderabad? Though 8 months sounds too much to me as well. But I am just conveying something I was told!
Old 28th January 2014, 10:17   #686
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: All posts related to 4th Gen Honda City tyre upgrade have been moved to a dedicated thread. Please continue all tyre upgrade discussions in the new thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post3355693

Thanks,
Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th January 2014 at 12:45. Reason: changed the link.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 10:33   #687
Senior - BHPian

I will be signing the Form 20 today for the 4G HC today @DaksinHonda, BLR and should be taking delivery later this week. I have gone thru the Pre-Delivery Inspection List. I have already looked at the car in the stockyard as well.

I wanted to understand if there is a good thread on this forum on tips/best practices for using a new car. Do we need to stick to any specific rpm range etc. for the first 1000km or so?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:44   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I will be signing the Form 20 today for the 4G HC today @DaksinHonda, BLR and should be taking delivery later this week. I have gone thru the Pre-Delivery Inspection List. I have already looked at the car in the stockyard as well.

I wanted to understand if there is a good thread on this forum on tips/best practices for using a new car. Do we need to stick to any specific rpm range etc. for the first 1000km or so?
Congratulations on your new buy and welcome to the Honda City club my friend.

You may like to refer to Ravenavi's thread on tips/best practices for using a new car. Try to keep the rpm range within 2-3 at least for the first 1000 kms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3284447
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:51   #689
BANNED

It seems that the Kanpur dealer picked up 40 bookings for the top spec car (1L deposit) before the launch while Honda have allocated him only four cars this month!
Old 28th January 2014, 16:04   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It seems that the Kanpur dealer picked up 40 bookings for the top spec car (1L deposit) before the launch while Honda have allocated him only four cars this month!
Easy way to make some money off 40 lakhs, albeit unethical. There is no difference in the booking amount based on variant. All bookings are for Rs. 50k. That is what I paid for booking the VX CVT.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed