Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2014, 19:10   #781
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I saw the Blue come on once so far. That has no message and it went away after a few minutes of driving. Never seen the Red light so far...
It is always better to idle the engine as it only takes a minute before the RPM settles around 1000 when the light goes off. This is the signal to start moving the car.

Idling of the car engine is important while breaking your engine especially for the first 1000 kms.
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 01:10   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
Surprisingly the bottom of the car (both generations) did not touch a single speed breaker while fully loaded with five passengers at all times.
That is very re-assuring to know that the clearance is sufficient.
I took a test drive and really liked the car.

Between the V and VX variants, there are five extra features: Sunroof, Leather upholstery, Engine start/stop button and sound dampening windshield and remote boot lid opener.

However, I was wondering whether the sunroof can give problems in future say few years down the line ?
I don't believe it is a very useful thing to have other than to cool down the cabin faster if parked in the hot sun.
Are the chances of chances of developing a leaky sunroof, sunroof motor issues, buttons high based on your experience ?
Also the roof is lower due to the sunroof and it could be better to avoid having a sunroof if it will give a headache later.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th February 2014 at 01:14.
Old 10th February 2014, 09:40   #783
BHPian

I am planning to go for a CVT SV model. Wanted to check if anyone had a chance to test drive new automatic?
Old 10th February 2014, 11:29   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Between the V and VX variants, there are five extra features: Sunroof, Leather upholstery, Engine start/stop button and sound dampening windshield and remote boot lid opener.

However, I was wondering whether the sunroof can give problems in future say few years down the line ?
You missed the foll. on VX model: Smart Entry Key System, Rear reading light, Seat Back Pocket (part of leather seats and I find it very useful)

My friend owns the earlier generation with Sun Roof and he has never complained about any malfunction. For the ANHC, someone did complain reduced interior height due to sun roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
I am planning to go for a CVT SV model. Wanted to check if anyone had a chance to test drive new automatic?
No SVT/Petrol TD models have arrived anywhere in India AFAIK. There has been some delay from Honda side.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 13:27   #785
Senior - BHPian

Some initial mileage analysis:
City Driving with minimal AC Usage : 18 kmpl
City Driving with AC and dense traffic: 16 - 16.5 kmpl

(Note: This is with 195/60R15 Michelin XM2 tyres)

I am planning a highway run this weekend - so will have more updates post that.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 21:27   #786
BHPian

Quote:
None of the petrol models are available as yet for a test drive. When i visited the Honda show room last weekend to enquire about the CVT model, the SA told me that the car is expected in the middle of Feb or so and quoted a three month waiting period. As i understand, it has been further delayed. So we probably wont we able to get our hands on it till later in Feb or even March.
Old 10th February 2014, 21:54   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

(Note: This is with 195/60R15 Michelin XM2 tyres)
Doesn't Honda void warranty on suspension, ABS and steering if we upsize tyres?
Old 10th February 2014, 22:48   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't Honda void warranty on suspension, ABS and steering if we upsize tyres?
This has been discussed on another thread here

And also on this thread here.

So based on the responses its a calculated risk...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 10th February 2014 at 22:58.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:15   #789
BHPian

I have booked a new Honda City and waiting for delivery.

But, then I happened to drive a colleagues earlier version of Honda City CVT for a while yesterday and all through the 17km I found my right ankle region uncomfortable and aching. I just couldn't find right angle for my foot. I tried increasing and decreasing seat height, pushed seat front and back, but nothing seemed to give me relief. I couldn't fathom why because when I test drove new Honda City I did have problems in finding right seating position but never experienced this ankle problem. I am considering to test drive again and take a call. Btw, I am 5'11 and athletic build.

New and previous City owners - anything that I am doing wrong here ?
rajivn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 11:16   #790

Hi,
We had booked a petrol City V MT. My SA informed me that my car has been blocked and it will leaving the factory on 19th of this month. So I'm expecting an early March delivery. Have Honda begun manufacturing petrol City? Had any one who has booked a petrol City been informed of the same?

Thank you.
Old 12th February 2014, 13:40   #791
BHPian

I have booked petrol SV. I have been told my name is included the initial allotment and the vehicle is expected by early march. SA still not sure about the definite date nor when the TD petrol vehicle will be available.

I am not sure if the delivery more to do with manufacturing petrol city, rather waiting for a decision on when to release the petrol variant in the market. I think Honda is keen on pushing the Diesel Variant as much as possible at the moment before others come up with a facelift.
Old 12th February 2014, 13:55   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
Hi,
We had booked a petrol City V MT. My SA informed me that my car has been blocked and it will leaving the factory on 19th of this month. So I'm expecting an early March delivery. Have Honda begun manufacturing petrol City? Had any one who has booked a petrol City been informed of the same?

Thank you.
I have not been informed on the status and also the SA was non-committal on the same when I called him yesterday. I had booked a SV CVT.
Old 12th February 2014, 14:23   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
Hi,
We had booked a petrol City V MT. My SA informed me that my car has been blocked and it will leaving the factory on 19th of this month. So I'm expecting an early March delivery. ...

Thank you.
Booked a VX MT Diesel. It will take about 4 to 5 months for Delivery here at Bangalore.
Old 12th February 2014, 16:00   #794
BHPian

I have booked White VMT Petrol on 8th January. Called up the SA today morning to enquire on the status. He informed me that I might get the delivery some time in March and my car is marked as Priority 3 in the waiting list.
Old 12th February 2014, 16:02   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Booked a VX MT Diesel. It will take about 4 to 5 months for Delivery here at Bangalore.
Where did you book? Did you check with all the three dealers before booking if one was faster than the other? I heard Magnum Honda is the best of the lot from a Sales Experience perspective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks