Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-54.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 3367930)
Booked a VX MT Diesel. It will take about 4 to 5 months for Delivery here at Bangalore.

Pune also has a similar wait times for the VX MT diesel model (6 Months) while the V has 3-4 months wait. However, SV has got a lesser wait. I got mine allotted within 2 days of booking (booked on 14-Jan & allotted on 16-Jan) and was delivered as soon as my loan got processed. You would need to be flexible with 3-4 color choices though

What about petrol are they committing any wait time for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3360047)
The City is indeed #1 in the C2 segment for January 2014. It's also safe to assume that it has broken into the top 10 cars by sales volume as well, judging by it's numbers (should be in-between the 6th-10th spots).

Found some additional details that I posted here clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3368027)
Where did you book? Did you check with all the three dealers before booking if one was faster than the other? I heard Magnum Honda is the best of the lot from a Sales Experience perspective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3368077)
Pune also has a similar wait times for the VX MT diesel model (6 Months) while the V has 3-4 months wait. However, SV has got a lesser wait.

I booked at Dakshin Honda. I heard that every dealership has a long booking list (around 200+ ) and higher the variant more the waiting time.

I had booked a VMT (D) Golden Brown a month back @ Pride Honda and am told of delivery around April/May. Not sure if there was any way to ensure the allocation happens as per booking order or should we try to play smart? Interesting to see that some variants are easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feroz_009 (Post 3368025)
I have booked White VMT Petrol on 8th January. Called up the SA today morning to enquire on the status. He informed me that I might get the delivery some time in March :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri (Post 3367898)
I have booked petrol SV. I have been told my name is included the initial allotment and the vehicle is expected by early march.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3367728)
Hi,
We had booked a petrol City V MT. My SA informed me that my car has been blocked and it will leaving the factory on 19th of this month. So I'm expecting an early March delivery.

Did you guys receive letter from Dealer stating the tentative month of delivery? I have booked mine at Dakshin (SV CVT) and did get a letter stating that my car will be delivered in March and the actual date will be communicated sometime March 1st week. When I called the SA manager yesterday, he did mention delay in arriving of TD vehicles but as of now is sticking to delivery dates mentioned in letter. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, one of my friends mentioned that he received a call from Whitefield Honda stating that they have opened some premium/priority booking as well. I don't have details yet but I'm not sure if it has something to do with paying premium to get vehicles delivered early. I'm not sure if its ethical though but will check details myself as well and post here.

Also, has anyone been able to get any discounts on accessories from Bangalore dealers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3368465)
Did you guys receive letter from Dealer stating the tentative month of delivery? I have booked mine at Dakshin (SV CVT) and did get a letter stating that my car will be delivered in March and the actual date will be communicated sometime March 1st week. When I called the SA manager yesterday, he did mention delay in arriving of TD vehicles but as of now is sticking to delivery dates mentioned in letter. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, one of my friends mentioned that he received a call from Whitefield Honda stating that they have opened some premium/priority booking as well. I don't have details yet but I'm not sure if it has something to do with paying premium to get vehicles delivered early. I'm not sure if its ethical though but will check details myself as well and post here.

Also, has anyone been able to get any discounts on accessories from Bangalore dealers?

Do they send a letter about the tentative date of delivery? I have no idea about it. Will ask my SA on it. It was me who had called my SA to inquire about the petrol TD vehicle when he informed that our car will be leaving the factory on 19th. He even said the petrol TD vehicle will be arriving this week. Our SA had told us that our car will be delivered as priority when we booked it(i don't know if has got to do something with the premium/priority you spoke of).
No, we didn't get any discount on accessories and they charged 3000 for the same. Car cover and mats I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3368613)
Do they send a letter about the tentative date of delivery? I have no idea about it.

No, we didn't get any discount on accessories and they charged 3000 for the same. Car cover and mats I suppose.

Have you booked at Dakshin? Based on your earlier posts, I believe it's Dakshin. I'm not sure if it's dealer specific then but my SA asked yesterday as well to ensure I had received the letter with tentative delivery date (just month).

Regarding accessory, I was more asking about the extra ones (not included as part of the car quotation) such as scuff plates, parking sensors, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3368613)
Do they send a letter about the tentative date of delivery? I have no idea about it. Will ask my SA on it. It was me who had called my SA to inquire about the petrol TD vehicle when he informed that our car will be leaving the factory on 19th. He even said the petrol TD vehicle will be arriving this week. Our SA had told us that our car will be delivered as priority when we booked it(i don't know if has got to do something with the premium/priority you spoke of).

Yes I did get a letter from them clearly stating that car has been allotted and it would be starting on its way from the source location. The letter did not state the date of delivery. The letter also stated the color chosen and the variant. In fact, they (Dakshin) took 1 week from the date of completing all formalities to actually getting the delivery of the car...

I just received a call from SA capital Honda he told me that first lot of petrol cars are getting dispatched this week and it would take 10 days to reach here. They require another week to complete the paperwork and registration so the car is expected on road by 1st week of March. (He sounded very confident so I did not ask any more questions) Looks like there are good number of people opted for Golden Brown colour including me :) . He said they will go through the list again based on the priority /availability of the colour for allocation. If not 1st hopefully we will have the car in second week of March. SA said he would confirm by end of next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3368627)
Have you booked at Dakshin? Based on your earlier posts, I believe it's Dakshin. I'm not sure if it's dealer specific then but my SA asked yesterday as well to ensure I had received the letter with tentative delivery date (just month).

Regarding accessory, I was more asking about the extra ones (not included as part of the car quotation) such as scuff plates, parking sensors, etc.

Yes, I did book at Dakshin, Lavelle Road. Did you book at Dakshin, Lavelle Road?
To BHPians from Bangalore - did the new City bottom out on any of the speed breakers, considering how high some speed breakers are? This issue is playing a the back of my mind and my dad is contemplating changing the car because of this issue. Any information will be helpful to convince my dad not to cancel the booking. During TD, we didn't come across any high speed breakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3368633)
Yes I did get a letter from them clearly stating that car has been allotted and it would be starting on its way from the source location. The letter did not state the date of delivery. The letter also stated the color chosen and the variant. In fact, they (Dakshin) took 1 week from the date of completing all formalities to actually getting the delivery of the car...

Thanks for your info. Till now we haven't got any letter as such. I had called the SA a few mins ago after going your replies and he told me that they will send the letter as soon as the vehicle is dispatched from the factory. He said the car will be dispatched on 23rd of this month and that he can deliver by vehicle by March 15th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3368775)
Yes, I did book at Dakshin, Lavelle Road. Did you book at Dakshin, Lavelle Road?
To BHPians from Bangalore - did the new City bottom out on any of the speed breakers, considering how high some speed breakers are? This issue is playing a the back of my mind and my dad is contemplating changing the car because of this issue. Any information will be helpful to convince my dad not to cancel the booking. During TD, we didn't come across any high speed breakers.

No it wont bottom out on speed breakers - I don't think that should be a concern anymore. The suspension has been made stiffer. This was a high priority item on my checklist as well and I dropped the Hyundai Fluidic Verna from my choices during the finalization for the same reason. I have driven about 375 km so far in Bangalore with the new City Diesel and done a lot of speedbreakers - the car has not scraped the bottom so far :)

I would recommend you also speak to the Manager at DH a couple of times to get some priority and attention. The Sales Agent gave vague answers a couple of times and when I called the Manager up I got some straight forward answers.

Overall, my schedule from Booking, Test Drive to Delivery looked like this:
Pre-Booking : 16-Nov-2013
Test Drive #1 : 12-Jan-2014
Test Drive #2 : 15-Jan-2014
Confirmation to Buy, Selection of Color/Variant: 15-Jan-2014
DownPayment + Bank Loan Approval: 21-Jan-2014
Loan Disbursement: 24-Jan-2014
Car Delivery @Dakshin : 03-Feb-2014

Quote:

Yes, I've booked at Dakshin Lavelle Road but CVT. Not sure if the petrol dispatch includes CVT vehicles as well.

Regarding the ground clearance, I have not seen any complaints from the initial ownership feedback which you would have seen as well in forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3368856)
No it wont bottom out on speed breakers - I don't think that should be a concern anymore. The suspension has been made stiffer. This was a high priority item on my checklist as well and I dropped the Hyundai Fluidic Verna from my choices during the finalization for the same reason. I have driven about 375 km so far in Bangalore with the new City Diesel and done a lot of speedbreakers - the car has not scraped the bottom so far

I believe you have upgraded the tyres to 195/60R15 which would add another 3-4mm to existing ground clearance and which may help to a certain extent as well on not getting the bottom scraped :). This is something I'm planning to do as well on the first day of delivery.

With over 23000 bookings till first week of Feb and 7000 deliveries in Jan, Honda still has to produce and deliver 16000+ City.

With the new plant at Tapukara opening this month, the total manufacturing capacity per month will go up to 20000 units per month. If they get into 100% capacity utilization then I think in March Honda will be able to manufacture and hence clear all backlogs for City & Amaze.

Quote:

Hi Anand89, I did a TD last weekend esp to test this , I donot see this as a concern , I rode over multiple humps and the car did not touch. I decreased the speed just like how one would do in any car and it did come out magically smoth out of it. As some one also rightly pointed out, the suspension is made a bit stiffer in this Honda city this makes the rear passengers jostle as compared to the earlier model. Happy buying experience - Are you getting mud flaps and cover along with the city ? Dakshin Honda on hosur road seems to be giving it.

I Have couple of questions -

Question 1 - What is a pearl finish and its difference with the non pearl finish. I looked at their brochures in showroom , they display Alabaster White. But the honda india website mentions Pearl white as well when we go into selecting a model.
Question 2 - What is the difference in buying a non-metallic white color vs metallic white , are these different?