Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 13:28   #811
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post

Question 1 - What is a pearl finish and its difference with the non pearl finish. I looked at their brochures in showroom , they display Alabaster White. But the honda india website mentions Pearl white as well when we go into selecting a model.
Question 2 - What is the difference in buying a non-metallic white color vs metallic white , are these different?
Hi there,

The color is Taffeta White and I think there was mix up when you read the colours as the silver is called Alabaster Silver .
Iam not very sure on the peral white option shown on the website however Iam attaching small snapshot of the color options available from the Honda City brochure.
Metallic colors come with a mix of metal flake in the clear coat which gives the color an extra shine and gloss compared to the non metallic color.
There is no difference otherwise in the paint quality.
The color Taffeta white is a non metallic colour and there is no metallic white in the offering.The price of the car as well is close to 4 K less when non metallic.

Also from the last 2 weeks I spotted 6 new cars - 2 White , 3 Red and 1 Silver.The White's definitely looked lot better than the other 2 colors IMO.
Looks like the Red & the White will be the mostly picked in this car.

Cheers,
pdma
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-c.jpg  

Last edited by pdma : 14th February 2014 at 13:36. Reason: Change of picture
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 13:49   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hi there,

The color is Taffeta White and I think there was mix up when you read the colours as the silver is called Alabaster Silver .
Iam not very sure on the peral white option shown on the website however Iam attaching small snapshot of the color options available from the Honda City brochure.

Cheers,
pdma
Isn't the Red metallic as well? I somehow always thought it was. I agree on the white one which does look elegant. I maybe a bit biased as well now as I've booked a White CVT . The Urban Titanium Metallic is another colour which is very popular.

I've seen the Golden Brown Metallic in showroom and it looks like shade of Black from a certain distance at times. Basically it is a very dark shade and folks who are going for that, the maintenance/care might be similar to the one that a black car demands.

Regarding non metallic and lighter shades, what I've noticed is that it is easier to patch small scratches. Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 14th February 2014, 14:31   #813

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Hi Anand89, I did a TD last weekend esp to test this , I donot see this as a concern , I rode over multiple humps and the car did not touch. I decreased the speed just like how one would do in any car and it did come out magically smoth out of it. As some one also rightly pointed out, the suspension is made a bit stiffer in this Honda city this makes the rear passengers jostle as compared to the earlier model. Happy buying experience - Are you getting mud flaps and cover along with the city ? Dakshin Honda on hosur road seems to be giving it.
Thanks for your feedback. Somehow knowing that speed breakers don't touch the car is relieving. Lavelle Road Dakshin charged us 3000 for the accessories which I believe are mud flaps and cover(I'm sure it has cover but not sure on mud flaps).
We had booked Red colour. Some how my dad is of the feeling that the red colour will fade as years pass by and it now inclined towards Urban Titanium. Our car is set to be dispatched from the factory on 23rd. Is it possible for us to change the colour at this point of time? Will the red colour fade as years pass by? We normally keep cars for quite a few years. Our current car, Santro Xing is more than 10 yrs old now. I expect City to stay with us for 8 yrs at least.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th February 2014 at 15:04. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 14th February 2014, 16:30   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Isn't the Red metallic as well? I somehow always thought it was. I agree on the white one which does look elegant. I maybe a bit biased as well now as I've booked a White CVT . The Urban Titanium Metallic is another colour which is very popular.

I've seen the Golden Brown Metallic in showroom and it looks like shade of Black from a certain distance at times. Basically it is a very dark shade and folks who are going for that, the maintenance/care might be similar to the one that a black car demands.

Regarding non metallic and lighter shades, what I've noticed is that it is easier to patch small scratches. Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hey Neel,

Red in the City is definitely a metallic color. As far as I remember from the rate card except white all the other color's are metallic.
I booked the SV Urban Titanium and I agree that white looks very nice as mentioned earlier.
I found myself confused between the white, urban titanium and golden brown metallic and finally made my choice based on my thoughts which I have posted a few pages back.
Iam not sure on the easiness part to cover the patches on the non metallic colors over metallic colors but for sure there is a difference in cost for sure .

I picked some pictures for side by side comparison.

Pics courtesy in the order of appearance,

1) Black - / M's review T-BHP
2) White (with body kit & grill from accessories) - Auto Expo T-BHP
3) Golden brown metallic - Other website
4) Urban Titanium - Other website
5) Silver - HC Official review T-BHP
6) Red - HC Official review T-BHP

cheers,
pdma
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-black-hc.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-gbm-hc.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-urban_titanium_metallic.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-silver.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-red.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-white.jpg  

Last edited by pdma : 14th February 2014 at 16:43. Reason: Adding a picture
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 16:44   #815
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer. Petrol deliveries start Feb. 20.
Old 14th February 2014, 16:48   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
We had booked Red colour. Some how my dad is of the feeling that the red colour will fade as years pass by and it now inclined towards Urban Titanium. Our car is set to be dispatched from the factory on 23rd. Is it possible for us to change the colour at this point of time? Will the red colour fade as years pass by? We normally keep cars for quite a few years. Our current car, Santro Xing is more than 10 yrs old now. I expect City to stay with us for 8 yrs at least.
I also liked the red but went for the Alabaster Silver due to the same reason of Red fading away. Dakshin Honda does not allow change of color, Magnum allows. I also had a tough time deciding the color...
Old 14th February 2014, 16:52   #817
Senior - BHPian

Here are the ones in white from their FB page.
Having seen white in person i have to admit it looks the best color among all. We already have a white car otherwise would have been my first choice.

Why haven't Honda given us this blue color? Looks awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-10086_650641961669388_478632967_n-1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1896880_650641825002735_1847059464_n.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1796434_647591425307775_1374753458_n.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 14th February 2014 at 17:04.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 18:18   #818
BHPian

As most of us agree that the front grill is too heavy, I fiddled with the grill in ms paint today and painted the grill in 2 ways.

Pic 1 - Original
Pic 2 - Upper half painted in black
Pic 3 - Lower half painted in black

I personally liked the masking in Pic 2. I feel Pic 3 looks like a mustache.
I will definitely get the grill painted or use some kind of sticker to make it look better.Any other suggestions on some materials that can be used for partial masking of the grill are welcome.

Cheers,
pdma.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-silver-copy.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-silver-copy1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-silver-copy2.jpg  

pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 18:23   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any other suggestions on some materials that can be used for partial masking of the grill are welcome.
I am sure that many after market accessories manufacturers would be looking at it. Expect some after market grills to come soon for the new City.
Old 14th February 2014, 20:22   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Lavelle Road Dakshin charged us 3000 for the accessories which I believe are mud flaps and cover(I'm sure it has cover but not sure on mud flaps).
I booked at Dakshin too. They give floor mats and body cover. Mud flaps are not part of it. I asked them to take body cover off (Rs 1500). In the accessory list, I see price quotation of foll. on the list given by Dakshin:
Floor mats: Rs1800, Body Cover: Rs 1800
So 3000 for both is a good price.
The Mud Guard (front and rear) is priced at Rs2400.

Quote:
Hey Neel,

Red in the City is definitely a metallic color. As far as I remember from the rate card except white all the other color's are metallic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I also liked the red but went for the Alabaster Silver due to the same reason of Red fading away. .
Oh ok. In the snapshot, I could see the word 'metallic' against the other colours but not against red and black so was wondering. If I'm correct, the shade of Red in the recent minor uplift of Honda City (chrome grill) is different and seems as if it'll retain the shine for a longer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I really liked the alloys installed in this Honda City. Can you let me know which ones these are? I'm getting SV model and plan to upgrade to alloys immediately along with tyres

Quote:
As most of us agree that the front grill is too heavy, I fiddled with the grill in ms paint today and painted the grill in 2 ways.

Pic 1 - Original
The second one does look nice but I didn't find the one provided that heavy when looked in person (not sure if it's just to do with white colour) . I really liked the one Honda is providing in the accessory list as well. Though the official accessory pricing is not justified (Rs 16K), I'm sure there would be after market providers at a much cheaper rate.

Last edited by neel911 : 14th February 2014 at 20:24. Reason: correction to pricing list
Old 14th February 2014, 20:30   #821

Quote:
Is it possible for us to change the colour at this point of time?
Yes,I asked this, the dealer said yes you can do it but the countdown to get your car would get reset.
Old 14th February 2014, 23:05   #822
Senior - BHPian

@neel911 - No idea about the alloys as these are the pics of Thailand city.
Old 15th February 2014, 01:34   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Having seen white in person i have to admit it looks the best color among all. We already have a white car otherwise would have been my first choice.

Why haven't Honda given us this blue color? Looks awesome.
The white looks awesome because of the tinted glass !! Wish we could also tint our glasses in India. I really feel this adds to the looks of the car.
Old 15th February 2014, 11:30   #824
BHPian

Quote:

Pic 1 - Original

I personally liked the masking in Pic 2. I feel Pic 3 looks like a mustache.
I will definitely get the grill painted or use some kind of sticker to make it look better.Any other suggestions on some materials that can be used for partial masking of the grill are welcome.

Cheers,
pdma.
I think that if the grill is painted same as the body colour leaving out only the emblem in chrome, it should look neat.
Old 15th February 2014, 12:49   #825
BHPian

Anybody have an idea of when the TD vehicle will be available with Mumbai dealers?

I called up three dealers and not getting a clear idea.

Hallmark Honda says end-February whereas Linkway Honda says 1st week or Mid of March.

Arya Honda has suggested Mid-February about a week back.

Most Viewed