Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review-57.html)

deetjohn 18th February 2014 09:35

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 3371986)
Honda can use this funds to cover-up few let-downs such as Boot-lid internal cover, better size tyres, better quality / looking alloys, VGT for Diesel...etc!

VGT might be pushing it. :) But the rest should be part of the standard package. And as you rightly pointed out, this is an excellent opportunity.

eq24 18th February 2014 09:40

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 3371986)
City prices will be down by around 25K as excise duty is slashed! :)

Honda can use this funds to cover-up few let-downs such as Boot-lid internal cover, better size tyres, better quality / looking alloys, VGT for Diesel...etc!

That can make City an excellent package.. :D

I would hope they do no such thing and pass on that 25,000 to me. I liked the car as is and Honda will be getting nothing but a bad name, if they put on stuff for a few thousands and charge many more for it.

You don't like money?

vsrivatsa 18th February 2014 10:14

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3371990)
Can you please post the accessory list with prices from your dealer if you have? The one I have from Dakshin Honda, I see price of INR 6500 for parking sensors. I'm assuming the price of official accessory list should be same across dealers right?

It may differ. Check the Magnum Honda Accessories List here but I don't see only the sound sensors listed there:
http://www.magnumhonda.com/magnum_honda_accessories.asp

I think you could call WhiteField Honda and also enquire the pricing - better to do some investigation before you go for it.

tejas08 18th February 2014 10:49

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 3372032)
I would hope they do no such thing and pass on that 25,000 to me. I liked the car as is and Honda will be getting nothing but a bad name, if they put on stuff for a few thousands and charge many more for it.

You don't like money?

+1 not from the point of view of not wanting to spend an additional 25,000 Rs. but from the point of view of luring the customers.

It would really go down as a bad move in the eyes of the potential customer that Honda does not want to pass on the price benefit to them.

Only the real car enthusiasts would see this as a positive which I think we all know is probably only 10-15% of the total car buying population.

MCR 18th February 2014 14:52

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
1 Attachment(s)
Latest from Honda India website on the car prices. Refer to the attached picture

harry10 18th February 2014 15:11

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3371990)
Can you please post the accessory list with prices from your dealer if you have? The one I have from Dakshin Honda, I see price of INR 6500 for parking sensors. I'm assuming the price of official accessory list should be same across dealers right?

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/30579074.cms

Didn't take the accessory list with me. He mentioned only parking sensors for 5500 and i looked at the accessory list where with camera it was for 9500.
I assumed pricing for accessories will be same as well across dealers but i guess its different and totally on dealers discretion.

@MCR- Their site is showing the same since yesterday when duty cut was announced. I guess it will be update by tomorrow.

neel911 18th February 2014 15:22

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 3372336)
Latest from Honda India website on the car prices. Refer to the attached picture

I called up Dakshin Honda Sales Manager. He did mention that updated prices would be available by evening or tomorrow morning. It was planned for today morning but some delay from corporate office. My CVT car has not been alloted/left factory yet so my booking will qualify for the updated reduced pricing :)

He also mentioned that the Petrol (manual and CVT) TD vehicles are in transit and should be here by early next week.

nik_kapur 18th February 2014 15:31

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Spoke with my dealer in Delhi and he says that they have received some CVT's but none in White. My booking is for a White VX dated 3rd December. They have offered me a Maroon VX or a Silver SV. If i don't opt for either of the 2, i may have to wait till end March according to the dealer ! This is pathetic.

paul_charles 18th February 2014 16:00

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3372389)
Spoke with my dealer in Delhi and he says that they have received some CVT's but none in White. My booking is for a White VX dated 3rd December. They have offered me a Maroon VX or a Silver SV. If i don't opt for either of the 2, i may have to wait till end March according to the dealer ! This is pathetic.

Which dealer is this? I have booked a C.Red SV CVT with Southend.

nik_kapur 18th February 2014 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_charles (Post 3372414)

Which dealer is this? I have booked a C.Red SV CVT with Southend.

This was classic honda. They have a red vx.

tejas08 18th February 2014 19:03

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
1 Attachment(s)
I am currently looking at the City, Vento & Rapid as the possible options to buy.

The Volkswagen Sales guy has sent me a comparision between Vento and the New City, indicating why Vento is a far more superior car than the new City as per Volkswagen sales. I beg to differ.

Yes, the European counter-parts score in terms of the Build Quality but do not do so well in a lot of other aspects when compared to the Japanese Counter-parts.

I wanted to share this comparision (PDF file) on Team-BHP.

Mods, please let me know or modify the post, if I have not used the correct forum for this.

pdma 18th February 2014 19:25

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3372585)
I am currently looking at the City, Vento & Rapid as the possible options to buy.

The Volkswagen Sales guy has sent me a comparision between Vento and the New City, indicating why Vento is a far more superior car than the new City as per Volkswagen sales. I beg to differ.

.

Wow , VW invested quite sometime for this detailed comparison. I agree to some points what they have made here.
The irony is during their Diesel comparison it was mentioned that City has a lower engine less powerful etc.., Same comparison in Petrol says VW has a smaller petrol engine so more mileage and more eco friendly :).

Anyways that is some good comparison they have put however as expected they had to be biased to their car and it was was evident here.

cheers,
pdma.

tejas08 18th February 2014 19:29

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3372592)
Anyways that is some good comparison they have put however as expected they had to be biased to their car and it was was evident here.

cheers,
pdma.

Its even more evident that Volkswagen compares the iVTEC engine with the Volkswagen TSI engine and not their regular engine.lol:

harry10 18th February 2014 19:35

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3372429)
This was classic honda. They have a red vx.

They seem to be having an issue obtaining the white color. I searched their whole yard but couldn't find one city in white. However they had 7 cars in red.

prakasse 18th February 2014 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3372585)
I am currently looking at the City, Vento & Rapid as the possible options to buy.

I wanted to share this comparision (PDF file) on Team-BHP.

Mods, please let me know or modify the post, if I have not used the correct forum for this.

After the ndtv crash test I would recommend vento over city. I am still unsure of structural rigidity in city since it is not a global car and is India/south east asia specific model.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:07.