Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-62.html)

The revised price of VMT Diesel in Chennai now is 1011500. Why could they have not made it 999990 or even 999999. They could have brought in a further saving of 50k in road tax saving.
They could have even offered some features as mandatory accessory say for example Alloys and could have easily brought the ex-showroom below 10lac. So frustrating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selvagp (Post 3375933)
The revised price of VMT Diesel in Chennai now is 1011500. Why could they have not made it 999990 or even 999999. They could have brought in a further saving of 50k in road tax saving.
They could have even offered some features as mandatory accessory say for example Alloys and could have easily brought the ex-showroom below 10lac. So frustrating.

Main reason might be that Honda isn't that interested in selling V and VX models. At least that's what the SA told me when I asked him if I could change my booking to V from SV. He said it had 4-5 month waiting as Honda is making very less models of top 2 and mainly manufacturing S and Sv.

So even if V is now at 993000 ex showroom Delhi I can't get it cos of waiting period. It's ridiculous.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3375946)
Main reason might be that Honda isn't that interested in selling V and VX models. At least that's what the SA told me when I asked him if I could change my booking to V from SV. He said it had 4-5 month waiting as Honda is making very less models of top 2 and mainly manufacturing S and Sv. So even if V is now at 993000 ex showroom Delhi I can't get it cos of waiting period. It's ridiculous.

This tax cut has happened as part of an Interim Budget and only in effect till Jun till the next Govt signs in so I guess its difficult for the manufacturers who planned based on existing excise duty. Below is an article that gives some perspective on the issues a manufacturer such as Honda would face: Excise duty cut may be taxing for auto companies stuck with inventory

Here's a snippet for those not keen on reading the whole article:
Any sales bump from the excise cut may not offset the liabilities that will be incurred. "The expected volume growth is not likely to compensate the massive financial liability generated from lower excise duty," a senior industry executive said. "This welcome but surprising decision is likely to have a severe impact on the fourth-quarter results when this differential excise burden would have to be adjusted."

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3375946)
Main reason might be that Honda isn't that interested in selling V and VX models. At least that's what the SA told me when I asked him if I could change my booking to V from SV. He said it had 4-5 month waiting as Honda is making very less models of top 2 and mainly manufacturing S and Sv.

So even if V is now at 993000 ex showroom Delhi I can't get it cos of waiting period. It's ridiculous.

I don't think that Honda might not want to sell V & VX models. It must have been that considering the Indian market & consumer behaves they must have seen the SV model as the top-seller. But certainly the Indian Consumers are now getting a bit bolder by going for a model higher than the mid-Variant specially with cars having more than 3-4 variants.

I have a concern about the Honda City. Yesterday I had to get a fused headlight bulb changed in my car and while that was being done, I had a chance to sit inside and play with seat settings in the display car. I remembered from the time I took a test drive that it was difficult for me to get a comfortable seating position but I put that down to the paucity of time.

What I realized yesterday was that the initial thought was not wrong. The driver's seat doesn't travel as far back as I'd like it to. If you do move it all the way back and recline the seat back a bit then the steering can't be adjusted for reach. The lowest seat height position is too low and makes the dash feel really high. If you move it all the way up, the view is better but then I'd like to move the seat back and we come back to square one. I'm sure one can get around these issues by using a more close up, hunched driving position but it doesn't work if one likes/wants a more stretched seating position.

In terms of ergonomics, I think the previous gen cars were better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3376016)
I don't think that Honda might not want to sell V & VX models. It must have been that considering the Indian market & consumer behaves they must have seen the SV model as the top-seller. But certainly the Indian Consumers are now getting a bit bolder by going for a model higher than the mid-Variant specially with cars having more than 3-4 variants.

That seems to be the strategy. However, Honda should have learned from Amaze experience. Most people preferred the higher variants. Even when I went to book city most people there were interested in V and VX but were put off after hearing about the waiting period.

A review from an auto magazine is quoting the below FE for Honda City:

Petrol (Manual): 11 (City) and 17 (Highway)

Diesel: 14 (City) and 19.5 (Highway)

Probably we can take the average as overall FE.

Anybody who bought New City, are you getting these figures or better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3376070)
I have a concern about the Honda City. Yesterday I had to get a fused headlight bulb changed in my car and while that was being done, I had a chance to sit inside and play with seat settings in the display car. I remembered from the time I took a test drive that it was difficult for me to get a comfortable seating position but I put that down to the paucity of time.

What I realized yesterday was that the initial thought was not wrong. The driver's seat doesn't travel as far back as I'd like it to. If you do move it all the way back and recline the seat back a bit then the steering can't be adjusted for reach. The lowest seat height position is too low and makes the dash feel really high. If you move it all the way up, the view is better but then I'd like to move the seat back and we come back to square one. I'm sure one can get around these issues by using a more close up, hunched driving position but it doesn't work if one likes/wants a more stretched seating position.

In terms of ergonomics, I think the previous gen cars were better.

That of course is a real concern. How tall are you StarScream?

Quote:

I got my iDTEC V at ex showroom 999500.:D
Earlier, it was 10+ and in the higher tax bracket.
What timing, Mr Finance Minister!!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3376343)
A review from an auto magazine is quoting the below FE for Honda City:
Petrol (Manual): 11 (City) and 17 (Highway)
Diesel: 14 (City) and 19.5 (Highway)
Probably we can take the average as overall FE.
Anybody who bought New City, are you getting these figures or better?

The Petrol numbers are not yet out. I can confirm I got 16+ in City and 20+ on Highway. For more details you can go thru the two initial ownership reports available on Team BHP (both are for Diesel) as of now.

Links Below: ( the second link is my ownership report :))

1. 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

2. 2014 Honda City – My Diesel Rockstar Arrives

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3376354)
I got my iDTEC V at ex showroom 999500.:D
Earlier, it was 10+ and in the higher tax bracket.
What timing, Mr Finance Minister!!clap:

Lucky You!! And what a narrow margin... Congrats!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3376344)
That of course is a real concern. How tall are you StarScream?

5 feet 11 inches and a bit but not quite 6 feet. More importantly, I think a legs stretched out position is more critical for an automatic because 1) you're not changing gears and 2) it helps ease strain on the muscle at the point where the ankle flexes in bumper to bumper accelerate and brake traffic - that is something I have experienced in my wife's Santro AT, which has an upright seating position.

Booked the V MT Petrol yesterday at Arya Honda Mumbai.

Super Excited. This is going to be the first car in my family.

Having said that is there anyone from Mulund / Thane Area in Mumbai who could help me out with some small queries regarding buying the car and getting the delivery.

I would certainly like to meet up and discuss or maybe over the phone rather boring lots of people on this forum with my silly questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3376552)

Having said that is there anyone from Mulund / Thane Area in Mumbai who could help me out with some small queries regarding buying the car and getting the delivery.

I would certainly like to meet up and discuss or maybe over the phone rather boring lots of people on this forum with my silly questions.

Hi Tejas,

I am from Mulund (earlier used to stay in Thane)

You can divert all your questions to me on 9920615043:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3376552)

You can refer the below sections

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-new-car-india-0

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3376604)

Thanks for the inputs F150. I have already been through these sections.

But as I said earlier, I have some really silly doubts which I think would be jus resolved across on the phone with some of our Team-BHP guys.stupid: