Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review-64.html)

skyfire2892 24th February 2014 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3377015)
Question - The reverse camera which Honda is offering as an accessory, is it the same which is coming in V and VX models?
As I understand in these models the screen used is the same 5 inch music system one. However in SV it's 3.5 inch system. So, will we get an additional screen for the camera?

The V/VX has camera above number plate neatly hidden.
If camera is installed later, it will installed on bumper with screen on IRVM.

tejas08 24th February 2014 21:20

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3377148)
Possibly a test drive vehicle, coz I asked dealers around in NCR and on average, the first deliveries of the petrol City are being stated at around 1st week of March with TDs available from late Feb - and it is late Feb now.

No necessailry. I already took a TD of Honda City Petrol on Saturday in Mumbai. I am assuming the Gurgaon / NCR region would have received the TD vehicle already.

i_m_anaconda 24th February 2014 21:33

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3377015)
Question - The reverse camera which Honda is offering as an accessory, is it the same which is coming in V and VX models?
As I understand in these models the screen used is the same 5 inch music system one. However in SV it's 3.5 inch system. So, will we get an additional screen for the camera?

No, The camera that comes with V/VX model has 3 viewing angles and picture is integrated into the 5'' system. The one that Honda is offering as accessory is a single angle camera which comes with a separate rear view mirror.

mints21 24th February 2014 21:43

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3377148)
Possibly a test drive vehicle, coz I asked dealers around in NCR and on average, the first deliveries of the petrol City are being stated at around 1st week of March with TDs available from late Feb - and it is late Feb now.

Hi,

This was not a test drive car. The test drive cars are registered with RTO like any other car and have regular numbers. They do not run on red number plates.

harry10 24th February 2014 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3377280)
No, The camera that comes with V/VX model has 3 viewing angles and picture is integrated into the 5'' system. The one that Honda is offering as accessory is a single angle camera which comes with a separate rear view mirror.

Ok. So is it advisable to get it or simple sensors will do?

adarsh76 24th February 2014 22:37

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3376419)
5 feet 11 inches and a bit but not quite 6 feet. More importantly, I think a legs stretched out position is more critical for an automatic because 1) you're not changing gears and 2) it helps ease strain on the muscle at the point where the ankle flexes in bumper to bumper accelerate and brake traffic - that is something I have experienced in my wife's Santro AT, which has an upright seating position.

Oh!!! I'm of your same height. I'm also looking out to buy the CVT version. I test drove the diesel and what I felt was the I need to stretch for the gears. But that's probably because I did not adjust the seating position to my real comfort. I think this car should have a memory for the seat position. If somebody else use our car, then it might be difficult to get back into the original seating position.

neel911 24th February 2014 22:58

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3377308)
Ok. So is it advisable to get it or simple sensors will do?

My take: just go for sensors. Get Honda official or a good quality one. Some after market sensors come with display as well where it'll give distance from object as well but for me sound is good enough. The beep intensity gives a good feel of how close you are to obstacle.

We just have sensors on 2 cars (one being Honda City) and have never had problems. I'm personally not a big fan of camera. It's good to have but I would need sensors as well on top of camera then.

i_m_anaconda 24th February 2014 23:01

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3377308)
Ok. So is it advisable to get it or simple sensors will do?

Depends on what works better for you. I have been using sensors in my Dzire for 4 yrs and I find them very accurate and helpful.

In case you decide to go with camera; do check outside before you get it installed from Honda. Honda will charge you about 10,000 for the camera.

for_cars1 24th February 2014 23:22

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3376859)

2. GPS Navigation System - Is it stand alone or requires any tinkering with the Car's Electrical circuits / units.
Outcome - Well, I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note which has GPS & Navigation function, so really speaking there is no need for having an additional GPS navigation System.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3376935)
In my opinion, it is better to use phone as GPS device. ....

Only problem with mobile as a navigation device is GPS connectivity in the beginning. if you are in a hurry and your car is parked in basement, it may take some time before the mobile picks up the signal. (Some times, I had to stop my car for couple of mins to get the GPS signal)

@Tejas08, if its a Galaxy Note you're using, then it will latch on to the GPS+GLONASS satellites within max 10 to 15 secs :) , so no connectivity issues in your case as well and its actually superior (greater accuracy and latches upto 17 satellites) compared to dedicated GPS due to additional GLONASS receiver.

vsrivatsa 25th February 2014 10:18

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3377341)
My take: just go for sensors. Get Honda official or a good quality one. Some after market sensors come with display as well where it'll give distance from object as well but for me sound is good enough. The beep intensity gives a good feel of how close you are to obstacle.

We just have sensors on 2 cars (one being Honda City) and have never had problems. I'm personally not a big fan of camera. It's good to have but I would need sensors as well on top of camera then.

I agree, but in case you want to check out reverse cameras I would say 10K is not worth it. You get good ones for half the price outside - Check URL

puchoo 25th February 2014 11:05

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
I just saw brand new red one about 20 minutes ago at Nehru place , cannot say with a 100% certainty if it was a Test drive vehicle or owned but there were plastic covers on the seat etc.

I was viewing it from across the road at an angle so could not see much of the rear but got a very decent look at the front - and this might have been mentioned by other members as well - but for me it looked like the special edition which the City had taken out earlier with a different grill.

harry10 25th February 2014 14:28

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3377508)
I agree, but in case you want to check out reverse cameras I would say 10K is not worth it. You get good ones for half the price outside - Check URL

Will getting it from outside void the warranty? If not then at 5k its an excellent deal.

nd4$pd 25th February 2014 14:28

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
I am disappointed to see that Honda has seen fit to skimp on airbags.
The E & S variants only have driver side front airbag.
The last generation city had dual front airbags on every variant (including the cut-price corporate edition).
This trend (also followed by Hyundai in the Verna) is troublesome.

kashmonyklik 25th February 2014 14:36

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Bought a City Diesel SV on 12th Feb 2014 from Capital Honda, Chennai. The car costed Rs.11.55l incl of loan process and have driven about 780 kms in 2 weeks. The car is big (compared to my pocket rocket) and the space both in front and rear is good, particularly rear seat comfort is very good.
There is a pronounced Engine clatter and jerk while turning the ignition on/off similar to Amaze and the Earth dreams is slightly noisy. This is not a complaint but just an observation, I can live with that noise.
The power is linear and handles both traffic and clear roads well. It has 6 forward gears which is something I am getting used to. The car from 6th gear downshifts to 4th and not 5th. Is this common?
The gear shifting is easier than AltoK10 and Dzire but not as slick as the Vento. Getting used to the clutch positioning too
I am yet to cross 100kmph speed, till now the power seems adequate.
I have never calculated mileage of my cars, in this the digital display says 21.4 to 21.8 depending upon where I am driving. If this is accurate then that must be the car's mileage in my driving. I have driven about 45,000kms in my K10 and till date do not know the mileage (too lazy or absent minded to calculate)
Anyway the 1st service is around the corner (1000kms)
Turning, Parking are not a pain as I thought it would be, having said that visibility through the rear windshield is very limited and even in the front (compared to my K10).
On the whole, happy with the purchase so far

vsrivatsa 25th February 2014 15:04

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kashmonyklik (Post 3377794)
Bought a City Diesel SV on 12th Feb 2014 from Capital Honda, Chennai. The power is linear and handles both traffic and clear roads well. It has 6 forward gears which is something I am getting used to. The car from 6th gear downshifts to 4th and not 5th. Is this common?

Congrats clap:
You can downshift from 6th to 5th and I have done it several times, I am not sure what you mean when you say it downshifts to 4th?


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:38.