Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review-65.html)

vsrivatsa 25th February 2014 15:09

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3377786)
Will getting it from outside void the warranty? If not then at 5k its an excellent deal.

Yes as per some comments from a search on T-BHP >> This voids the Honda electrical warranty :deadhorse

kashmonyklik 25th February 2014 15:10

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
I am not able to go from 6th to 5th, when pushed it slotted in 3rd. If it is not uncommon, I will ask the guys at Capital to check this

harry10 25th February 2014 15:34

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3377827)
Yes as per some comments from a search on T-BHP >> This voids the Honda electrical warranty :deadhorse

That's bad. Let me do some more research on this cos getting only camera at 9500 when i can get both camera and sensors at 5k is more useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashmonyklik (Post 3377828)
I am not able to go from 6th to 5th, when pushed it slotted in 3rd. If it is not uncommon, I will ask the guys at Capital to check this

Congrats!
You should get this checked as during my TD i shifted from 6th to 5th a couple of times, so it can't be a common issue.

avdhesh15 25th February 2014 16:51

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Got the good news from my dealer... My red petrol V-MT is en route Mumbai and should reach by this weekend. Expected to be delivered next week. Will further update once I meet them tomorrow to pay the money. ""EXCITED""

Sanoop.Patteri 25th February 2014 17:27

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kashmonyklik (Post 3377794)
Bought a City Diesel SV on 12th Feb 2014 from Capital Honda, Chennai. The car costed Rs.11.55l incl of loan process and have driven about 780 kms in 2 weeks. The car is big (compared to my pocket rocket) and the space both in front and rear is good, particularly rear seat comfort is very good.
There is a pronounced Engine clatter and jerk while turning the ignition on/off similar to Amaze and the Earth dreams is slightly noisy. This is not a complaint but just an observation, I can live with that noise.
The power is linear and handles both traffic and clear roads well. It has 6 forward gears which is something I am getting used to. The car from 6th gear downshifts to 4th and not 5th. Is this common?
The gear shifting is easier than AltoK10 and Dzire but not as slick as the Vento. Getting used to the clutch positioning too
I am yet to cross 100kmph speed, till now the power seems adequate.
I have never calculated mileage of my cars, in this the digital display says 21.4 to 21.8 depending upon where I am driving. If this is accurate then that must be the car's mileage in my driving. I have driven about 45,000kms in my K10 and till date do not know the mileage (too lazy or absent minded to calculate)
Anyway the 1st service is around the corner (1000kms)
Turning, Parking are not a pain as I thought it would be, having said that visibility through the rear windshield is very limited and even in the front (compared to my K10).
On the whole, happy with the purchase so far


Congratulations!! Just curious to know, is it a Golden Brown colour car? Till now I have spotted only one car ( SV Variant) and that too near my locality

tejas08 25th February 2014 18:38

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3377931)
Got the good news from my dealer... My red petrol V-MT is en route Mumbai and should reach by this weekend. Expected to be delivered next week. Will further update once I meet them tomorrow to pay the money. ""EXCITED""

When did you do the booking and with which dealer?

Just curious to know as I have booked V MT Petrol on this Sunday and have been quoted a waiting period of 6-8 weeks by Arya Honda.

kashmonyklik 25th February 2014 18:49

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri (Post 3377959)
Congratulations!! Just curious to know, is it a Golden Brown colour car? Till now I have spotted only one car ( SV Variant) and that too near my locality

My car color is Carnelian Red, I live in Mambakkam area behind Navalur

ambadan 25th February 2014 18:55

How to get information about your priority number? I have booked my petrol cvt on 2nd Dec and my dealer says I am fifth on list. However, they say I will get my car only by March end. I am not convinced with their answer. Can I get this info from Honda? My dealer is Whitefield Honda

Travis 25th February 2014 18:58

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Guys,

I hate to be a buzz kill, but have any of you visited this thread on team-bhp.com - I stumbled upon it a while back:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-gurgaon.html

While I knew Honda's not nearly up there with Toyota in terms of no-nonsense after sales service, the above thread sent a shiver down my spine.

I myself had one unpleasant experience with our Honda Brio (the 1st and 2nd gears are really hard to slot and the car's done only 10K) - Ring Road Honda and Pear Honda have both not been able to resolve the issue - I accepted this as an exception since ours was one of the initial Brio's delivered so perhaps it was a first-version-problem and something Honda fixed later.

But after reading the above thread, I'm considering cancelling my Honda City 2014 booking since almost every service station in the NCR area has been mentioned in that thread and seemingly all of them have given customers horrendous experiences.

Sanoop.Patteri 25th February 2014 19:37

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3378023)
How to get information about your priority number? I have booked my petrol cvt on 2nd Dec and my dealer says I am fifth on list. However, they say I will get my car only by March end. I am not convinced with their answer. Can I get this info from Honda? My dealer is Whitefield Honda

You may to want to speak to the SA's manager regarding the list. Chennai - Capital Honda, they have not received the 1st lot of petrol car till now including petrol TD vehicle. I have been told that the first lot will cover the request of people who booked in November/ December 2013.
I have booked in Jan and mine is scheduled for March but no definite date yet. SA told me that he would call me by 1st week of march and confirm.

neel911 25th February 2014 19:48

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3377931)
Got the good news from my dealer... My red petrol V-MT is en route Mumbai and should reach by this weekend. Expected to be delivered next week. Will further update once I meet them tomorrow to pay the money. ""EXCITED""

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3378023)
How to get information about your priority number? I have booked my petrol cvt on 2nd Dec and my dealer says I am fifth on list. However, they say I will get my car only by March end. I am not convinced with their answer. Can I get this info from Honda? My dealer is Whitefield Honda

I'm not sure if there is delay in CVT deliveries compared to MT Petrol from Honda. In any of earlier threads, I haven't seen any confirmation of CVT model getting dispatched (please correct me if I'm wrong) . For me also, I've been told March end delivery but they will be calling me March 1st week with exact date. I've booked mine at Dakshin Honda: SV CVT.

StarScream 25th February 2014 22:20

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3378026)
Guys,

I hate to be a buzz kill, but have any of you visited this thread on team-bhp.com - I stumbled upon it a while back:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-gurgaon.html

While I knew Honda's not nearly up there with Toyota in terms of no-nonsense after sales service, the above thread sent a shiver down my spine.

I myself had one unpleasant experience with our Honda Brio (the 1st and 2nd gears are really hard to slot and the car's done only 10K) - Ring Road Honda and Pear Honda have both not been able to resolve the issue - I accepted this as an exception since ours was one of the initial Brio's delivered so perhaps it was a first-version-problem and something Honda fixed later.

But after reading the above thread, I'm considering cancelling my Honda City 2014 booking since almost every service station in the NCR area has been mentioned in that thread and seemingly all of them have given customers horrendous experiences.

Try Prime Honda in Patparganj and Ghaziabad. In my experience they are the best Honda after sales service center in NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3378068)
I'm not sure if there is delay in CVT deliveries compared to MT Petrol from Honda. In any of earlier threads, I haven't seen any confirmation of CVT model getting dispatched (please correct me if I'm wrong) . For me also, I've been told March end delivery but they will be calling me March 1st week with exact date. I've booked mine at Dakshin Honda: SV CVT.

Crown Honda in Noida delivered a brown metallic VX CVT last week.

rosaf 26th February 2014 00:09

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Under what circumstances the front bumper sensors work?as in at a particular speed or when the car is in first gear or is it anything else?
As many have mentioned about the high dash...me being 5.10 actually had a hard time guessing how far the front end is...

Oh by the way i had been to deccan honda today as the SA had promised me a TD of the petrol city but they still havent arrived instead he politely asked me to TD the diesel and i obliged.One simple observation the city i.dtec is no where as refined as verna diesel.I was quite disappointed that honda didnt take refinement matters seriously.

RavenAvi 26th February 2014 01:35

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Lots of dillying-dallying, other contenders and their pros and cons, decision-making thoughts, deep discussions - some heated, some sensible, all within family - and finally, the decision is taken.

I am back in the fray, and gunning for the Earth Dreams i-DTEC in her VMT avatar. Dealership says April for delivery, but I hope to be lucky by getting it earlier.

Details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3378251

geotracks 26th February 2014 08:46

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
This is a question / comment on what is the 'actual' tank capacity of the 2014 Honda City.

I have a 2012 Honda City VMT. I have a question on fuel tank capacity. Earlier this week the fuel indicator showed almost empty. The needle was on the last line of the "Empty" sign. The number showed, it could still go for around 85 kms.

(i) Filled up gas and topped the tank. Only around 28 liters went before auto stop kicked in.

(ii) In the past it has done the same, if I were to "force fill", it takes maybe another 2 liters maximum. The highest I have filled with this "force method" is 31 to 32 liters.

(iii) Honda City tank has capacity of 42 liters (per the car manual). So even if 7 to 8 liters are in reserve, 28 liters (which I could fill) + 8 liters reserve adds up to it adds up to 36 liters.

(iv) I have not let the yellow 'empty tank' light come on, since I do not want to be stranded without fuel. However when I had rolled out the car, the dealer said that they had given 5 liters of “complimentary” fuel. With this 5 liters in the tank, the yellow light had come on. I had immediately gone ahead and filled up the gas tank then. Do not remembers how much I had filled up then.

Questions:
(v) Has any Honda City owners (specially the ANHC owners) seen similar observation on fuel tank capacity?

(vi) What is the actual fuel tank capacity?

(vii) Are the 2014 new Honda Citys' (Petrol & Diesel) have similar tank capacities as 2012 and earlier Honda City or could the newer models have bigger capacities?

(viii) Honda City is considered as a C2 class sedan. However, on a tankful, having to refill after 400 kms roughly (even after getting a decent mileage) seems like many trips to the gas station. Even my Hyundai Getz has a larger tank capacity. It gives me a little over 450 kms on an average of 12 km/liter, before my next refuel is required.

I really think considering Honda City is a C2 segment car, it should have had a tank capacity of between 45 liters to 50 liters so that it could travel longer distance before subsequent refill. Wonder if the other C2 segment petrol counterparts (Verna, Vento etc.) have similar fuel tank sizes.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:56.