Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 12:02   #991
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Are color choices affecting the waiting periods?

I am told that all cars booked with the Golden Brown/Urban Titanium metallic shade have a 2-month waiting period, while Taffeta White/Alabaster Silver cars would be available within a month.

Golden Brown being an all-new shade is understandable, but Honda shouldn't have an issue with availability of the UT, since it's shared across other cars (Brio, Amaze) in it's lineup.
It's a combination of everything . The variant is also playing a huge role here and of course the location. In a place like Bangalore, the top end variant becomes pretty expensive with the exorbitant road tax we have to pay and so at times customers may end up going for 1-2 variants lower.

I would suggest to check with at least 2 dealers and based on their guidance, make booking(assuming you are open for change in variant/color).
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 12:29   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Are color choices affecting the waiting periods?

I am told that all cars booked with the Golden Brown/Urban Titanium metallic shade have a 2-month waiting period, while Taffeta White/Alabaster Silver cars would be available within a month.

Golden Brown being an all-new shade is understandable, but Honda shouldn't have an issue with availability of the UT, since it's shared across other cars (Brio, Amaze) in it's lineup.
While booking V MT Petrol, I asked the Sales guy regarding any colour specific Higher waiting periods and he said no. The response was 6-8 Weeks waiting period regardless of any colour.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 12:42   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
While booking V MT Petrol, I asked the Sales guy regarding any colour specific Higher waiting periods and he said no. The response was 6-8 Weeks waiting period regardless of any colour.
I asked the SA at Dakshin Honda when I was taking delivery and he said the Red and Silver colors were common and the waiting time would be least for those colors and the SV variant was the easily available model in terms of lower wait times.

On another note, I have left my car for the first Service today at Magnum Honda. The SA advised me to go for anti-rust coating which would cost Rs.5,100/- and come with a 5 year warranty. I refused and said I will re-consider when I come for the next service. What is the advice on this?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 27th February 2014 at 12:45.
Old 27th February 2014, 12:56   #994
BHPian

Has anyone test driven a petrol city....cvt or manual? how is the feel compared to a diesel city?
Old 27th February 2014, 13:16   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
On another note, I have left my car for the first Service today at Magnum Honda. The SA advised me to go for anti-rust coating which would cost Rs.5,100/- and come with a 5 year warranty. I refused and said I will re-consider when I come for the next service. What is the advice on this?
I was advised the same during my 3rd service. I went in for the 3M anti-rust coating. No specific reason why I did this, but he did mention that in addition to rain water, the coating will protect against any stones & pebbles that hit from under. I stay in an area where lot of building & flyover construction work is going on and roads are not the best. So thought it may be worthwhile.

He also mentioned that during subsequent servicing they will take a visual and if any part of the anti-rust 3M has chipped off, they will do a free touch up. Went for my 4th servicing thereafter, but they did not even mention about taking a visual at the anti-rust. Of course I also forgot to ask. However, I feel they probably say that at the time of 'selling', about 'free touch-up', but once done, I doubt anyone really does pays attention to it intentionally....it would be more work & cost for the dealer. So they choose to ignore, I think.

I have a Getz for which I never did this treatment and it's been just fine after close to 7 years. So why did I do it for the Honda City, no real answer to share, I did it since at the spur of the moment I thought, it is a 10L car, why don't I take this preventive measure. That's it. Of course if you are staying on coastal areas, you may re-think as salty breeze may corrode the underside. This happened when I was staying in Mumbai and had a Enfield Bullet 350. The mudguard got corroded.

So advice, do it if you really feel like it, otherwise you can skip it. Doesn't really matter.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 13:35   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
It's a combination of everything . The variant is also playing a huge role here and of course the location. In a place like Bangalore, the top end variant becomes pretty expensive with the exorbitant road tax we have to pay and so at times customers may end up going for 1-2 variants lower.

I would suggest to check with at least 2 dealers and based on their guidance, make booking(assuming you are open for change in variant/color).
Only one dealer in Chhattisgarh state at Raipur. The other two sub-dealerships at Bilaspur and Bhilai are of the same dealer.

My preference is Alabaster Silver so no issues there. Maintenance is a breeze, small scratches are hardly visible, cleaning is easy, color is readily available with the A.S.S. center, and paint touch-ups/painting work is easily done. Visibility is good during night as well, compared to darker colors.

I admit dark colors look great and make your car stand out, but maintenance could be a problem, specially if that color is discontinued.

Sticking to the V variant for more reasons than one. I feel that the SV and the V variants are nearly perfectly priced for the features on offer, and are the best VFM packages in the City line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Weird. Must be a problem with this specific dealer then.

Quote:
I asked the SA at Dakshin Honda when I was taking delivery and he said the Red and Silver colors were common and the waiting time would be least for those colors and the SV variant was the easily available model in terms of lower wait times.
The diesel SV variant is readily available in at least 4 shades. The diesel V and VX trims are commanding waiting periods right now. I am told that the petrol V MTs are easily available right now after the petrol variants have started arriving from a week back. My dealership has more petrol bookings than diesel.

They are expecting a batch of diesel Citys in the second week of March. If it has a V MT in Silver, it will be mine, as per the Sales Manager.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th February 2014 at 13:37.
Old 27th February 2014, 13:47   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
He also mentioned that during subsequent servicing they will take a visual and if any part of the anti-rust 3M has chipped off, they will do a free touch up. Went for my 4th servicing thereafter, but they did not even mention about taking a visual at the anti-rust. Of course I also forgot to ask. However, I feel they probably say that at the time of 'selling', about 'free touch-up', but once done, I doubt anyone really does pays attention to it intentionally....it would be more work & cost for the dealer. So they choose to ignore, I think.
Yes, ditto - he mentioned about the touch up in future as well
Can we get this done in 3M Car Care Center etc. - would it be cheaper than the Dealer?

Quote:
My preference is Alabaster Silver so no issues there. Maintenance is a breeze, small scratches are hardly visible, cleaning is easy, color is readily available with the A.S.S. center, and paint touch-ups/painting work is easily done. Visibility is good during night as well, compared to darker colors.
Yes I went for the Silver for the same reason -

Quote:
Sticking to the V variant for more reasons than one. I feel that the SV and the V variants are nearly perfectly priced for the features on offer, and are the best VFM packages in the City line-up.
I would say this depends on where in India you are based out of. In Bangalore the taxes are obscenely high and since the V crosses the 10 L barrier for the ex-showroom price - the tax just skyrockets. In fact I paid more for the V variant in Bangalore than another BHPian paid for the VX in Ranchi I think...With the duty cuts the V has landed below 10L in several states and I guess there its true value for money - for the rest of us its overpriced for sure
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 13:51   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would say this depends on where in India you are based out of. In Bangalore the taxes are obscenely high and since the V crosses the 10 L barrier for the ex-showroom price - the tax just skyrockets. In fact I paid more for the V variant in Bangalore than another BHPian paid for the VX in Ranchi I think...With the duty cuts the V has landed below 10L in several states and I guess there its true value for money - for the rest of us its overpriced for sure.
Here the ex-showroom price of V MT i-DTEC is 10,24,000/- and OTR comes to 11,50,000/- all-inclusive (RTO charges are fixed at 7% regardless of car price and size). So we are lucky as well.

I believe Jharkhand has the lowest RTO charges amongst all states (at 4%).
Old 27th February 2014, 13:56   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here the ex-showroom price of V MT i-DTEC is 10,24,000/- and OTR comes to 11,50,000/- all-inclusive (RTO charges are fixed at 7% regardless of car price and size). So we are lucky as well.

I believe Jharkhand has the lowest RTO charges amongst all states (at 4%).
When the deal was made, the ex-showroom in BLR was 10.4L and the OTR came to 13.03L.

Now after the duty cuts the OTR has reduced by 25.7K and stands at 12.77L for the I-DTEC V variant which I think is still very high in comparison
Old 27th February 2014, 14:16   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore has insane registration charges. Here in NCR I-dtec V is now priced below 10 lac but waiting for V And VX is 4-5 months. For S and Sv it's around 2 month. I really wanted V but can't wait so long. Have still given instruction to dealer in case anyone cancels V booking and it gets available he should let me know.

There is color issue as been told by my dealer. Red and silver are easily available. White and UT have more waiting and that new Golden metallic has very few takers.

Last edited by harry10 : 27th February 2014 at 14:17.
Old 27th February 2014, 20:52   #1001
BHPian

Had a little bit of time to kill today, and MS paint.

This car could have looked way better (IMO), this way (you gotta squint your eyes a bit):

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-untitled.jpg
vipul_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 21:46   #1002
BHPian

I have booked a Silver VMT petrol yesterday. No confirmation regarding delivery time yet from the dealer. Hoping for the best.
Old 28th February 2014, 00:43   #1003
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

Probably not the right thread to ask this question. But I would appreciate people telling me what made them go for CITY Diesel, instead of other options like RAPID, Verna, Vento, Scala, Sunny. I am sure you at least thought about these before going for the final deal with CITY.

Last edited by selvagp : 28th February 2014 at 00:44.
Old 28th February 2014, 01:27   #1004
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

I had a Test drive of VX D from Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle, Bangalore. Car felt good on most roads. GC was found surpricingly good. Very happy with Seat comfirt. Interior is bit better then older version but felt dash board could have been arranged better. Leather seats were dirty. Upon asking SE said 'it's leather sir'! Diesel engine was noticably noisy. Door beading was not full.

Overall, car seems to be a good buy. I am interested in SV CVT. SE claimed they are hopefull to get CVT TD vehicle by 1-2 week.

Booking amout is 51,000 and Rs.2,500 for cancellation. Delivery expected in May-June. Looking forward for TD of CVT.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 28th February 2014 at 01:31.
Old 28th February 2014, 10:28   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Probably not the right thread to ask this question. But I would appreciate people telling me what made them go for CITY Diesel, instead of other options like RAPID, Verna, Vento, Scala, Sunny. I am sure you at least thought about these before going for the final deal with CITY.
You should get some perspectives from the below two ownership reports of the City:
2014 Honda City – My Diesel Rockstar Arrives

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D

Most Viewed