Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-96.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3399502)
I saw a SV city standing next to my car at a red light. It seemed it had red dials. Can someone confirm who has a SV i-dtec model what color dials are in it. Is it blue like these which comes in VX taken from review page?

Don't worry. It has the same blue dials :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3399508)
Reached home at 6 PM (couple hours ago).

As soon as I laid my eyes on the Golden Brown-haired beauty, I christened her "Empress". Fitting.

Congratulations clap:. Wishing you many miles of happiness with your Empress. The car is looking very nice. Maintenance wise I believe it'll be similar to the way black should be maintained.

@Neel - Thanks for confirming. I really like the blue dials so would have been disheartening if they were red.

@ RavenAvi- Congrats! Finally, you got the beauty and aptly named 'Empress'. The color looks fantastic in person and pictures don't do full justice to it. I expect a complete ownership review from your side.

Do tell which dealer you got it from and which city.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Anyone here know if the paint protection being offered by Honda is a Teflon coat or something else?

Honda is planning to announce a price increase 2% - 3% starting april 1st as per the sales advisor. It may be a good to get the vehicle invoiced if anyone is awaiting immediate delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vista_qjd (Post 3399846)
Honda is planning to announce a price increase 2% - 3% starting april 1st as per the sales advisor. It may be a good to get the vehicle invoiced if anyone is awaiting immediate delivery.

Our sales advisor told the same when i asked for a 2nd April delivery but so far i was taking this warning with a pinch of salt but since people in other cities are saying the same i'm left with no option but to believe it , anyone friends with someone inside please confirm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3399820)
Anyone here know if the paint protection being offered by Honda is a Teflon coat or something else?

Peninsular Honda SA told me it will be a Teflon coating costing about 5000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3400110)

Ahhh well...guess that's ruled out then. Is there any other good paint protection treatment/product that anyone here knows about then?

I've got the dark maroon shade so scratches and scuffs will be a be a problem in times to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3400140)
Ahhh well...guess that's ruled out then. Is there any other good paint protection treatment/product that anyone here knows about then?

I've got the dark maroon shade so scratches and scuffs will be a be a problem in times to come.

Do not go for Teflon coating even if you get it for free. There is a dedicate thread on t-bhp itself for this which you can search where it has been established it is harmful to the car.

Congrats to all you new City owners! But with no rudeness meant: y'all have to upgrade your tyres! The OEM supplied ones are just atrociously small and narrow. Doesn't that spoil the handling as well as affect the braking badly? I was driving behind a new city yesterday and was appalled that Honda is selling a famously powerful petrol car with such puny tyres. Unsafe, certainly! And a killjoy too, for sporty drivers. Cheers, and enjoy your new rides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3399502)
I saw a SV city standing next to my car at a red light. It seemed it had red dials. Can someone confirm who has a SV i-dtec model what color dials are in it. Is it blue like these which comes in VX taken from review page?

SV, V & VX share the same blue halo dials on the Speedometer. Rest assured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3399521)
Honestly, the low end torque of the engine is such that you rarely need to cross 2000-2200rpm in city. This is something that people used to driving lag-heavy MJD and TDi engines need to get used to and alter their driving style accordingly. The diesel City needs to be driven like a Scorpio or a Safari or like an RE Bullet. It just does not need revs for normal driving. Refinement is top class under 2000rpm. You get rewarded with stellar economy too.

And then, 2500rpm in 6th = 130ish kmph. That is fast enough for most.

But yes, it gets gruff and noisy beyond 2500rpm

Excellently put. I fully agree with this. Details in my ownership thread which should be out from the Assembly Line tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3399530)
Congratulations clap:. Wishing you many miles of happiness with your Empress. The car is looking very nice. Maintenance wise I believe it'll be similar to the way black should be maintained.

Thank you so much, my friend.

Yes it's a darker shade so will need some maintenance, but unlike the Black shade it doesn't heat up the interiors, as experienced by me during the highway trip yesterday. Dust and water spots are not noticeable from a distance, although I have my reservations about scratches.

Looks very, very classy too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3399535)
@ RavenAvi- Congrats! Finally, you got the beauty and aptly named 'Empress'. The color looks fantastic in person and pictures don't do full justice to it. I expect a complete ownership review from your side.

Thank you so much. Indeed, most pictures don't do real justice to the fantastic shade. The Golden Brown Metallic needs to be seen in the morning sun at close quarters to fully appreciate it. Hope the pics I took and which adorn my initial ownership report show it's true shining splendor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3399933)
Our sales advisor told the same when i asked for a 2nd April delivery but so far i was taking this warning with a pinch of salt but since people in other cities are saying the same i'm left with no option but to believe it , anyone friends with someone inside please confirm?

Yes, it's confirmed. Prices are rising from April 1st onwards, and many people in the dealership were pressing upon the Sales Manager for a March 31st invoicing, even if they got delivery of their car even a week afterwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3399820)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3400110)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3400156)
Do not go for Teflon coating even if you get it for free. There is a dedicate thread on t-bhp itself for this which you can search where it has been established it is harmful to the car.

What harry10 said. The Teflon paint protection coating is absolutely useless. I had insisted upon my SE not to get it done, and she saw to it.

However hard they might try to convince you, don't fall for it. It's worthless and will only eat up your rupees.

Well, I have finished my ownership thread and it might be out of Assembly Line tomorrow morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3400406)

Excellently put. I fully agree with this. Details in my ownership thread which should be out from the Assembly Line tomorrow.

I've finally managed to complete my ownership report last night and have already placed a request to move it out of Assembly line. I'll post the link, once the mods make it public :)

I've christened my car: The White Unicorn :thumbs up

Which all accessories did you go for? I've captured pictures of all the ones I went for in my ownership thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3399535)

Didn't see this while replying yesterday.

The Empress rolled out on her maiden voyage from Shubh Honda, Raipur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3400496)
I've finally managed to complete my ownership report last night and have already placed a request to move it out of Assembly line. I'll post the link, once the mods make it public

I've christened my car: The White Unicorn :thumbs up

Which all accessories did you go for? I've captured pictures of all the ones I went for in my ownership thread.

Nice name. Fitting too. :thumbs up

I just went for a bare minimum, since the V MT has almost all the stuff needed, plus all other Honda stuff is grossly overpriced - Side-step Illuminated garnish kit, Ambient Foot Light kit and Body Cover.

They showed me a fully accessoried S MT on showroom display which had these wonderful PVC beige seat covers with wooden inserts, so ordered the same from them as well. Cost quoted was 8,000/-. Will get it fitted when I avail the first free service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3400406)

The Teflon paint protection coating is absolutely useless. I had insisted upon my SE not to get it done, and she saw to it.

However hard they might try to convince you, don't fall for it. It's worthless and will only eat up your rupees.

Yup, totally agree, Raven. And hence this :) :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 3400140)

Teflon will do more harm than good, but did you get something else done to protect your car's paint from mild scratches, scuffs etc?
I have a dark maroon City and even the mildest of scratches will show...in fact it already has a couple...
I'm considering 3M's paint protection treatment. It includes:
- Full foam wash
- Claying (to remove the residual grime which remains even after foam wash)
- Polishing
- Waxing
(no Teflon)

Thoughts?

Guys,
Can you play video through the Honda city 's infotainment system.Also is it Dvd compatible?
I read in earlier post that you can dial numbers for calling through touch screen
Has anyone tried it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozeninTime (Post 3400572)
Guys,
Can you play video through the Honda city 's infotainment system.Also is it Dvd compatible?
I read in earlier post that you can dial numbers for calling through touch screen
Has anyone tried it?

The 5" screen is not a touch screen. Neither does the system support DVD playback. The review has mentioned this explicitly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Review
Equally, I must add that the 3rd-gen City's factory fitted AVN head-unit was superior (close look here). Among other things, the previous generation offered a touchscreen interface, navigation, DVD player and remote control.

5" head-unit display shows album art, track number, song name, album & artist. It's not a touchscreen: