Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 11:05   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I'm considering 3M's paint protection treatment. It includes:
- Full foam wash
- Claying (to remove the residual grime which remains even after foam wash)
- Polishing
- Waxing
(no Teflon)

Thoughts?
Sounds great. How much are they charging for the full treatment? What will they use for the waxing/polishing session?

My ownership thread is out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...unleashed.html
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 12:26   #1442
BHPian

Ownership Report of my White Unicorn: 2014 White Honda City SV CVT Automatic is Live :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-unicorn.html

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140325_170045.jpg

Thanks again to GTO and fellow BHPians to help me close on this.

Last edited by neel911 : 28th March 2014 at 12:29.
neel911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 12:46   #1443
BHPian

Owner's Manual: Does anyone have the 2014 Honda City's owner manual in soft copy or would know where to download it from? There's a lot of stuff to read in there and it's just not practical to read the hard copy in this digital age!
Old 28th March 2014, 13:43   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Yup, totally agree, Raven. And hence this :

Teflon will do more harm than good, but did you get something else done to protect your car's paint from mild scratches, scuffs etc?
I have a dark maroon City and even the mildest of scratches will show...in fact it already has a couple...
I'm considering 3M's paint protection treatment. It includes:
- Full foam wash
- Claying (to remove the residual grime which remains even after foam wash)
- Polishing
- Waxing
(no Teflon)

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sounds great. How much are they charging for the full treatment? What will they use for the waxing/polishing session?
The 3M coating is pretty good but see if you can get some more professional to do the job. I'm getting CQuartz treatment done with Ultimate Detailerz. It's much more premium than what 3M does but is well worth it.
You can check more details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 06:54   #1445
BHPian

Folks,

I've noticed that spare key for my SV CVT Honda City does not have the remote lock/unlock features (it has inbuilt chip though). However, I noticed that 'V' variant spare keys has it based on Avi's post.

Can other owner confirm this?
SV Variant: No remote lock/unlock buttons on spare keys
V variant: remote lock/unlock button on spare keys

Honda has really tried to cut costs on SV variant (after omitting the paddle shifters in CVT variant)
Old 29th March 2014, 07:31   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

Can other owner confirm this?
SV Variant: No remote lock/unlock buttons on spare keys

Neel,
I have a sv variant as well and the spare key is a normal one without remote lock/ unlock buttons :(
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 10:13   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I've noticed that spare key for my SV CVT Honda City does not have the remote lock/unlock features (it has inbuilt chip though). However, I noticed that 'V' variant spare keys has it based on Avi's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Neel,
I have a sv variant as well and the spare key is a normal one without remote lock/ unlock buttons :(
I have a V. Both keys have the lock/unlock buttons.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:22   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Neel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I have a V. Both keys have the lock/unlock buttons.
Thanks for confirmation. Feeling sad that Honda went that way. I would assume cost would be minimum had they included in spare keys as well.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:37   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for confirmation. Feeling sad that Honda went that way. I would assume cost would be minimum had they included in spare keys as well.
Shame on Honda for doing that. My 4 years old Manza has that in spare key.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:45   #1450
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I think the el cheapo spare key is becoming the norm - like no fifth alloy.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:10   #1451
BHPian

I have taken delivery of our SILVER SHARK - Alabaster Silver New Honda City (2014) SV CVT i-VTEC on Thursday, 27th Mar. At the very outset, we are enjoying every aspect of it!! Trying to find some time to write a ownership review. It has been a wonderful experience driving the SS (Silver Shark)!
paul_charles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 15:58   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
This kinda worked as the now-perturbed manager toned down his voice and said he would refer the same to his Regional Office for resolution. He promised to revert tomorrow on the same.

I know 8k is nothing compared to the 12L I'm shelling out for the car, but it's the principle of cheating customers by not disclosing it that pisses me off. Hopefully, something will work out. Waiting for his call now.
Hello Krishna,

Please let me know if you received the expected call and if there was any positive result.Did the dealer agree to waive off (may be Iam too optimistic ) or reduce the charges. Kindly let us know.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 29th March 2014, 16:26   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello Krishna,

Please let me know if you received the expected call and if there was any positive result.Did the dealer agree to waive off (may be Iam too optimistic ) or reduce the charges. Kindly let us know.

Cheers,
pdma.
Hey pdma,

So I had shot off mails to Honda Care keeping the Pondicherry Transport Commissioner also in CC. Apparently, the TC also called Capital Honda and demanded explanation. Honda sent me a mail saying they aren't party to this transaction, to which I replied that the Volkswagen MD too probably thought the same before the Delhi HC issued an order to issue an FIR against him. Then they asked the dealer to revert with a solution.

So finally, I receive a call from Mr. Narasimhan, the VP of Capital Honda who listed out the various components of the handling charge and among them were Transport from yard to dealer, to rto and back, polishing etc etc. And of course the bribe for rto. I have this recorded on my phone.

He told me I could give him any amount I felt right for Handling charge. Since I had to get my company PO issued before 31 and couldn't argue too long, I told him I can pay the amount they quoted, but I need a receipt for Handling Charges, which he agreed to.

Now, if push comes to shove I have the telephone conversation and the receipt for Handling Charges to support my case. Let's see if they 'handle' it well.

As seen you can get them to offer you a waiver, and can take it too, if you aren't pressed for time. But you'll have to mail everybody and follow up.

All the best!!
krishnadevjs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:43   #1454
BHPian

I have taken delivery of our Silver Shark (Albaster Silver colour New Honda City SV CVT i-VTEC) on Thursday, the 27th Mar 2014. We are excited and enjoying every aspect of the car. I am graduating from an i10 AT to City CVT. It has been a wonderful experience & fun driving the SS (Silver Shark) and I am trying hard to find some time to write a review on the new car. Otherwise, observed FE is 12.5 kmpl for the past 100+km that I clocked, with 100% city driving (AC is on all the time). Peak performance while negotiating the DND flyway was at 14+ kmpl! Interesting. I hope to get better performance compared to my i10 AT that I sold out last week.
Old 29th March 2014, 17:13   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Had a heated discussion with the SA right now. Have specifically told him I need the car on 4th April which is my Mom's birthday. Just went to dealership to confirm all details and got to know there is no white car available.
He will be getting the schedule for next lot on 2nd April so no way I can get the car on 4th. Red and UT colors are available which I don't want. No choice but to wait more now. My blood is still boiling :(

Most Viewed